Topic: Found old 2002 article on Airforce test plane called "Bird of Prey"  (Read 1249 times)

Pestalence

just like the title says.. Airforce and lockheed martin developed a aircraft and named it agter the Bird of Prey from Star Trek

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/91976_spyplane19.shtml

to my understanding.. it is still being tested, that is if the budget for it hasn't been cut.

www.popsci.com/birdofprey

the second link above has an inflight video and additional photos ans a good article.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

nx_adam_1701

Re: Found old 2002 article on Airforce test plane called "Bird of Prey"
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 08:55:27 pm »
I think its kool

adam out

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 03:37:35 am »
  I don't know how do but you all ways come up with some interesting news in our would and the Trek Would keep up the good work. Age out  

Sirgod

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 11:04:05 am »
Very interesting Plane, Abit slow, But the Tech. that came out of It's development is pretty cool IMHO.

Stephen

ganymad

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 11:52:41 am »
it looks quite cool. and the design is interessting. the engine is sitting on the back of the vessel to reduce ir signatures
(still that configuration can cause problems when the plane pulls up - the engine doesnt get enough air)
the missles and bombs fit into the hull wich will reduce radar signature. so far so good. i havent read the article but it seems to be a good concept. but it should have stovl abilities - otherwise it isnt worth the money for the aricle.runways are easy targets.

my 2cents

Pestalence

Found old 2002 article on Airforce test plane called "Bird of Prey"
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 10:15:00 am »
just like the title says.. Airforce and lockheed martin developed a aircraft and named it agter the Bird of Prey from Star Trek

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/91976_spyplane19.shtml

to my understanding.. it is still being tested, that is if the budget for it hasn't been cut.

www.popsci.com/birdofprey

the second link above has an inflight video and additional photos ans a good article.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 08:55:27 pm »
I think its kool

adam out

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2004, 03:37:35 am »
  I don't know how do but you all ways come up with some interesting news in our would and the Trek Would keep up the good work. Age out  

Sirgod

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2004, 11:04:05 am »
Very interesting Plane, Abit slow, But the Tech. that came out of It's development is pretty cool IMHO.

Stephen

ganymad

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 11:52:41 am »
it looks quite cool. and the design is interessting. the engine is sitting on the back of the vessel to reduce ir signatures
(still that configuration can cause problems when the plane pulls up - the engine doesnt get enough air)
the missles and bombs fit into the hull wich will reduce radar signature. so far so good. i havent read the article but it seems to be a good concept. but it should have stovl abilities - otherwise it isnt worth the money for the aricle.runways are easy targets.

my 2cents