Topic: Widescreen Monitor with SFC2/SFC3  (Read 5923 times)

Lurien

Widescreen Monitor with SFC2/SFC3
« on: February 27, 2004, 11:52:58 am »
I am looking at laptops, many with Widescreen monitors. I am wondering if anyone knows what SFC2/SFC3 look like on them? Does the image just get stretched or is there a proper driver??? Any advice would help, thanks.  

VSFTie

Re: Widescreen Monitor with SFC2/SFC3
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 01:06:20 pm »
No ive played sfc3 on a 52 in plasma screen in wide screen mode Very nice  

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 08:41:15 pm »
Quote:

Now that's what I call a VIEWSCREEN!

ImperialOne

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 10:42:18 am »
I play on a 17 inch widescreen Samsung (172W), as long as your graphic card supoprts to widescreen resolution (likely 1280 x 768 as 1900x1200  is very rare and not worth it on a 17inch screen). I have an ATI 9700 AIW Radeon with the latest Catalyst drivers.

BTW, I am gettng a 30" Samsung to hang on my study wall that supports the 1280x768 resoultion.  I am surprised there is no problem with burn-in on VSFTie's plasma screen.

Charles

davech

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 04:32:35 pm »
Hey!  I took that picture!  I don't mind you posting links to my site, but I'd rather you didn't post a direct link to an image on my website.  That's just stealing bandwidth.  If you include a link to the page that the photo came from, then that's OK.  It's  here , if anyone fancies taking a look...  

Toasty0

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 01:25:19 am »
Quote:

Hey!  I took that picture!  I don't mind you posting links to my site, but I'd rather you didn't post a direct link to an image on my website.  That's just stealing bandwidth.  If you include a link to the page that the photo came from, then that's OK.  It's  here , if anyone fancies taking a look...  

Nice site, especially all them photographs.

Anyways, if you're really ticked about the linking let one of us Moderators know and we'll ask the member to edit their post to remove the link.

Best,
Jerry  

davech

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 06:17:15 pm »
Quote:

Anyways, if you're really ticked about the linking let one of us Moderators know and we'll ask the member to edit their post to remove the link.

Thanks!  There are a lot of photographs, aren't there.  That's what digital cameras do to you...

I'm not really that ticked - it's a bit of free advertising for my site, after all    

Lurien

Widescreen Monitor with SFC2/SFC3
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 11:52:58 am »
I am looking at laptops, many with Widescreen monitors. I am wondering if anyone knows what SFC2/SFC3 look like on them? Does the image just get stretched or is there a proper driver??? Any advice would help, thanks.  

VSFTie

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 01:06:20 pm »

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 08:41:15 pm »
Quote:

Now that's what I call a VIEWSCREEN!

ImperialOne

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 10:42:18 am »
I play on a 17 inch widescreen Samsung (172W), as long as your graphic card supoprts to widescreen resolution (likely 1280 x 768 as 1900x1200  is very rare and not worth it on a 17inch screen). I have an ATI 9700 AIW Radeon with the latest Catalyst drivers.

BTW, I am gettng a 30" Samsung to hang on my study wall that supports the 1280x768 resoultion.  I am surprised there is no problem with burn-in on VSFTie's plasma screen.

Charles

davech

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2004, 04:32:35 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2004, 01:25:19 am »
Quote:

Best,
Jerry  

davech

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 06:17:15 pm »
Quote:

Thanks!  There are a lot of photographs, aren't there.  That's what digital cameras do to you...

I'm not really that ticked - it's a bit of free advertising for my site, after all