Topic: ATOLMs' MERCURY- very early wip  (Read 3097 times)

James Formo

ATOLMs' MERCURY- very early wip
« on: February 19, 2003, 12:34:58 am »
Couldn't resist posting a very early wip. Spent 4 hours mapping out stuff and early positioning. I  like Atolms' design. This is also Atolms mesh .  

The lines are there to help position stuff. Some may stay and get thinned up. OK I'll try not to post a pick every time I add a window    

« Last Edit: February 19, 2003, 06:16:53 am by James Formo »

E_Look

Re: ATOLMs' MERCURY- very early wip
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 12:39:15 am »
Interesting design.  I am interested in seeing how this one finally comes out!  Makes you wonder what spaceship goodies might've appeared if TNG had continued for more seasons.

CaptainTombs

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 01:49:21 pm »
Two words Simply Awesome i would love to add that to the mod when the model is complete  

Azel

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 09:33:42 pm »
WOW!!!!

Thanks James!!!
and thanks guys for the comments...more ship meshes on the way  

grave

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 04:14:23 am »
would love to see different views of it man!

James Formo

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 12:37:23 pm »
Here is a different view. I need to get opinion out what registry number this should have. Kinda looking late TNG. I want to give it a realistic number. Atolm, got any suggestions?

Yea I keep rotaing pics hehe.  I am doing something else with the warp struts. The checkers do'nt work there.  Couple more days and you can start giving critics if you like.  Still toying with a few things yet.

I think that bop is trying to stay out of the Mercury's weapons arc. To no avail.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2003, 01:46:19 pm by James Formo »

Rod O'neal

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 01:11:23 pm »
It looks so massive. I would probably use it as a 24th century monitor. Post that thing on guard around a planet or base  

Azel

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 04:52:21 pm »
James...how s about NCC-82471  

James Formo

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 02:04:31 pm »
82471 it is. Well these 2 pics show close to how it will be. Sometimes I get annoyed when people nitpic at my wip because some people post a wip that is already fininished. I post mine real early and change a lot.  So now I say start nitpicking cause I am almost done.

To do list:

Detail shuttle bay,
Detail torp tubes-not sure how, never paid much attention to what they look like- someone give me a clue  
More windows on hull  hmm not sure
lighting
NCC #

I think thats about it. Hope to ship it back to Atolm Monday or Tuesday.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by James Formo »

Azel

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 07:42:10 pm »
She's sweet man!!!!
The impulse engines are those 2  weird structures(one that is connected to the bottom rear of the sphere...lookes like an eye....and another on the structure of the bottom rear ...under the shuttle bay..."kinda"...looks like a tube)
just so you know if you wanted to tex them....
Also i love that texture on the sphere that connects to the "neck" of the ship...looks like the sovy...can you add that to the secondary hull on the extensions that are located on the sides...???
just asking :P
Great work man...and Thanks!!!

James Formo

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2003, 01:55:33 pm »
added formation lights. phaser strips and ring. registration. impulse textures and  more windows  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by James Formo »

starforce2

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2003, 09:54:54 am »
get rid of the blue stuff where the pylons meet the hull...looks like the glow parts of the nacelles and just doesn't look right.  

James Formo

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2003, 12:46:58 pm »
Thanks I already did. Its been sent back to Atolm. I don't have a pic as it looked finished. The only changes were I got rid of the blue where you desribed. Had to figure out just where it ended in my map .  I added phaser strips to the struts and a few markings. Atolm may add some stuff.

starforce2

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2003, 08:55:33 pm »
kick ass