Topic: Earth Station McKinnley and Utopia Planetia  (Read 1643 times)

Fury_of_a_Seraph

Earth Station McKinnley and Utopia Planetia
« on: April 29, 2004, 10:37:21 am »
anyone got either of them?

Thanks

Futurama_Guy

Re: Earth Station McKinnley and Utopia Planetia
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 10:56:23 am »
Heh heh, well....uhh, I got McKinley...but again...I don't  know where it originally came from, and I don't want to be dispursing it without the original readme.  

I do not believe a Utopia Planitia exists, otherwise I'd probably have it....    

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 11:35:56 am »

cmdr_kobosh

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 12:44:06 pm »
check here!!   the station
 i've seen one of them here  

starforce2

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 04:42:59 pm »
no offense but you don't want the one from the  station Most of the thumbnails look better than the ships do, many have 65x65 textures or 128x256, I mean they're  not even 256x256...so nearly everything I've downloaded from there has been a major dissapointment with the possible exception of the mobile shipyard, especialy in the case of the cardassians. SOme of the ships that are there seem to be p81 ships with the etxtures intentionaly reduced...yuck. The dude has some nice ships if'd get some decent res on them they'd be worth it.

Captain Ron

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 04:51:52 pm »
Planet Utopia yards are gone I forgot who was doing them, they have been gone for some time. Mckinley station was admiral starkiller I believe and he has also moved on.

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 01:30:24 am »
Well if that  is the case, and we all promise not to post them to any website and to never have them leave your harddrive (or backups) would it be problem with anyone if I emailed it to those who wanted it - without acknowledging that I  had anything to do with the distribution of the model and the promise that you would not do the same?   I'm all about giving credit where credit is due, but I have no clue where the original readme is or if I ever had one to start with and I'm not claiming it is mine, dispursing it for profit or all the rest of the things people tend to frown upon...ya know?  

Captain Ron

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 01:59:39 am »
Passing models around is not an issue, with this game being 2+ years old and growing older it is the only way we can get some ships from the past. Not all the ships made made it to a general release, and got pasted around that way. In some cases that is how they actually became available years later at SFU.

Credit is important if you are pulling from their work!
Not passing it around.

I know what you mean though, I have a few ships with great textures and parts I would like to be able to use. I don't use it because I have no idea who did it, and can not credit get premission (in this case I know now who did it be can not locate that person). I also have spent months looking for some one to get premission to release a ship even if I know the name, and the site is listed in the readme, as usually that site listed nolonger exist because of the amount of time that has pasted. Took me 6 weeks to hunt down the author of the Churchill, and got lucky there because I knew he was a 3D artist and posted at I few sites I also look at.

So you can share the ships as they were released, but no one can use them for parts/textures with out credit.

starforce2

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 07:45:39 am »
who else are you trying to find? I may know who/where they are. I sometimes  stumble on them.

Captain Ron

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 08:58:19 am »
No one for now.

I stopped doing Federation releases for now, and took a break.

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 11:30:44 pm »
Well PM me with your email address and I will forward the  McKinley to anyone who is interested in it.

I may have made one alteration to it...admittedly.  With Milkshape I resized the station to canon proportions, so I didn't alter the shape of the model just the size...

ModelsPlease

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2004, 02:43:00 am »
Thank you