Topic: what is fasa??  (Read 763 times)

DarkScream

what is fasa??
« on: May 04, 2004, 04:32:43 pm »
ok I have to ask cuz I dont know....what is fasa?

Khalee

Re: what is fasa??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 04:40:23 pm »
They made two games that I know about Battle Tech and A star trek game kinda like SFB, But there version was based on the movies while SFB is based on the TV show. It was speculated that they lost the trek part of the license because of the TNG manual. IT was not Authorised by Paramount so they pulled the plug. Thats about it.

Azel

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 04:44:48 pm »
They also made the very awesome CRIMSON SKIES!!!
but aye...
They also had farout designs that personally loved and hated...lol
they dealt mainly in TMP trek and some TNG stuff

I like to think of them as the later trek game
the first being the TOS based SFB

Yabrodan

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 08:40:33 pm »
FASA was a tabletop game creators of, battletch, shadowrun and many other popular games.  However the tabletop portion want out of business a few years ago.  There is a FASA studies still around but they are owned by microsoft and I doubt that they have any relation other then licenses to the original FASA.  If you are interested in the original products some of them are still printed and developed by various small game companies.

edited cause im dumb
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Yabrodan »

Lieutenant_Q

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 09:08:47 pm »
Fantasy Productions, a rather large company in Germany, has taken over the BattleTech and Shadowrun Lines, new products are released by them, as well as certain other Items being re-printed.  Hard to get in the states, but if you can find them, the quality of product has gone up since the FASA days.  

Kadh2000

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 10:29:21 pm »
The Star Trek game was really fun to play, a lot easier and faster-paced than SFB.  It was, however, horribly unbalanced.  The Gorns seemed to be practically unplayable as were the Orions (beyond a certain size).  The Federation could build ships that were far superior to the other races and the Romulans had to pay for thier cloaking devices while the Klingons did not, although the Romulan cloaking device was superior.