Topic: Wow. Really, wow, this time.  (Read 2133 times)

Praxis

Wow. Really, wow, this time.
« on: May 05, 2004, 08:37:51 pm »
Okay, my other wow post was about seeing Firehawk, whom I'd assumed had either gotten a really busy job and gotten rich, or had been hit by a car.

Everyone was disappointed because I didn't show any cool models.

So you know, before our good buddy Firehawk disappeared, one of his last emails to me contained...screenshots of about 15 completed but untextured meshes of Star Wars ships that had never been done before by anyone on Taldren.

And they were some of the most detailed I've ever seen.  Makes me drool just remembering them.

Unfortunately, Firehawk has been busy with real life (haven't we all?  Oh wait, some of you don't have lives, I almost forgot...).  He hasn't worked on them in over a year, so they're still untextured.

However, he did manage to get 3 models finished...3 that really, really count.

And they are really sweet

If any of you have read any of the Star Wars books (especially the Thrawn trilogy), you *should* know what a Golan Space Defense platform is.

Golan-I is a smaller defense platform, Golan-II is a big battlestation that can take on a Star Destroyer despite being immobile, and a Golan-III is an advanced battlestation (from the later books) that also has a CGT array letting it detect cloaked ships.

Without further adue, I present, the Golan-I, II, and III...

A closeup on the Golan III...

On a side note, if Firehawk agrees, is there anyone who might be willing to texture a dozen Star Wars ships or so for him?

Glad to know you're still alive, Firehawk!  I finally have some STATIONS to give Star Wars!

starforce2

Re: Wow. Really, wow, this time.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 09:39:58 pm »
you  might want to give project 90 a yell,  they are doing a startrek vs starwars mod, and I thought they were doing it in sfc as well.

Praxis

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 10:00:41 pm »
Thought they were just Armada...

If they're the people I'm thinking of, I already know a member of the team...

Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 11:08:15 pm »
Star Wars ships! You can NEVER have enough SW ships...

The Star Wars mods arnt fleshed out enough to do a mod on em yet. A few more...

Major A Payne

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 11:30:46 pm »
Well if someone wants them I've got a reasonably good selection of SW models myself. They're a bit lower poly than your used to but if you want them then give me a yell.

Praxis

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 01:02:37 am »
Quote:

Star Wars ships! You can NEVER have enough SW ships...

The Star Wars mods arnt fleshed out enough to do a mod on em yet. A few more...  

Ha!  Not enough to do a mod?

You have no idea...

Here was my original listing for the mod I'm working on:

New/Old Republic:

Freighter:

YT-1300 Freighter

FF (Frigates):

X-wing
Y-wing
B-wing
A-wing
K-wing
E-wing
T-wing
XJ-wing
B-wing Bomber Configuration
Miy'til fighter (Hapan fighter)
Storm (Modified Hapan fighter used by Prince Isolder, special thanks to SkinMan...)
Naboo Fighter
Naboo Fighter redesigned
Naboo Bomber
Naboo Police Fighter
Corellian Corvette
Old Republic (Jedi) Cruiser
Millenium Falcon

CL (Light Cruisers):

Medical Frigate (modified Nebulon-B)
Nebulon-B
Nebulon-B2
Carrack Cruiser

CA (Heavy Cruisers):

Mon Calamari MC80
Mon Calamari MC80 B Mon Remonda class
Mon Calamari MC90
Imperial-class Star Destroyer (captured)
Republic-class Star Destroyer (Star Destroyer Redesign)

BB (big bad Battleship  ):

Home One
Lusankya (captured Super Star Destroyer)

Pirates:

Z-95 Headhunter
TIE-Wing
X-TIE

Empire:

Freighter:

Lambda class Shuttle

FF (Frigate):

TIE fighter
TIE Interceptor
TIE Bomber
TIE Advanced X1
TIE Metal (pre-clone wars early TIE)
TIE Defender
TIE Scimitar Assualt Bomber
TIE Phantom V38
TIE Raptor
Lambda class Shuttle
Gunboat
Corellian Corvette

CL (Light Cruisers):

Nebulon-B Frigate
Patriot class Star Destroyer
Carrack class Cruiser

CA (Heavy Cruisers):

Imperator-class Imperial Star Destroyer
Assailant-class Imperial Star Destroyer
Vindicator-class Advanced Star Destroyer
Cloaking Imperial-class Star Destroyer

BB (Battleships...MUWAHAHA):

Executer-class Super Star Destroyer
Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer
Sun Crusher

Stations:

Death Star
Death Star 2
Death Star...uh...3
Death Star Prototype (incomplete Death Star)

I have all the models for each of those.

However, since then, I have gotten a couple B-wing variants, an Interdictor cruiser, a Command Star Destroyer, and now the three Golan platforms!

This list will be HUGE.
Quote:

Well if someone wants them I've got a reasonably good selection of SW models myself. They're a bit lower poly than your used to but if you want them then give me a yell.

YELL!

What models are these?  I already have all of Firehawk's and I think all of Hollis J. Wood's.  And most of Skinmans.

The_Pelican

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 06:02:17 am »
I have about 40 high quality Star Wars Models, probably more actually. They are amongst the finest looking of all of the Star Wars Models, it's just that they use up a lot of texture files.

Don't know if you already have them though. (though I never converted all of them).

Kaenyne

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 08:11:23 am »
Wooooooooooooow...this is gonna be good...

Praxis

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 10:00:23 am »
Sweet, do you think you could find out who the authors are, and possibly give me a list of what you have?  I've got about 40 myself here.

WhiteKnight

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 11:05:47 am »
well I for one would be interested in any starwars models.the only ones I was ever able to find were the ones I got at Omega shipyards a long time ago.I'm really looking for some of the lesser known types.The non star destroyer capital ships.Please update us if/when there is a link to download these or if posibly maybe some could be emailed out?

Dizzy

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 11:26:08 am »
Ive always wanted to do a SW mod... How wonderful it would be if we had pics of all the models so we know which ones we want to D/L or simply have one mega zipped folder with them all in there...

Praxis

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 12:02:46 pm »
I'm doing a Star Wars mod, and am pretty far.

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=310640&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Theres some nice screenies.

Cocomoe

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 02:44:32 pm »
What no YT-2400?

Praxis

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 03:27:39 pm »
Just got 88 new Star Wars models yesterday, taking the total count to 156 Star Wars models to do specs on  

Yep, a YT-2400 is in there (though its low poly, but I suspect WZ might be making a better one).

I have practically every Star Wars ship in existance!  Though I can actually think of one or two I don't have, but not very many, and thats from the 60 novels I've read

TY for the bump, Coco.  <S>
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 03:28:05 pm by Praxis »

The_Pelican

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2004, 04:18:20 pm »
Do you have any Vong ships then?

Praxis

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2004, 07:45:52 pm »
I wish :P

There's, maybe, 3 people on these boards who've read The New Jedi Order (including me), and none of them are modellers...and no games have the Yuuzhan Vong, so I can't convert them.

I actually made a (sort of) Yuuzhan Vong model.  I say sort of because the tentacles aren't quite smooth enough to look like real tentacles (you know, they ARE made of polygons, lol), but it still looks pretty good.

However, since I can't make textures worth beans (I'm very good at editting stuff in Photoshop, but not at making stuff from scratch.  When I  make a cool wallpaper, I create it in 3ds Max and then edit it in Photoshop and add the cool effects), and CERTAINLY can't make organic looking textures, and I also stink at texturing the ship itself (though I've only tried once, since I can't make the textures to do it with), it's completely untextured.

I would probably put YV with the Borg.  You know, no shields, regenerating armor...

Praxis

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2004, 07:51:35 pm »
BTW...

I had 68 Star Wars models, not 40.

Pelican just sent me 88, not 40.

I now have 156 Star Wars models, most of them unique ships.  That list is gonna be much bigger  

Note that the ships listed there will be all in the initial release, plus the most needed that Pelican converted.  The other 80 or 90 models I have will be added in updates, unless you want me to delay the release a few months

Kaenyne

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 08:26:29 am »
Man, that's a whole new game there! Love to see those Star Destroyers and Death Stars...and I'm especially curious about these Death Stars 2 and 3!