Topic: My fellow Americans, count your blessings  (Read 866 times)

JMM

My fellow Americans, count your blessings
« on: May 26, 2004, 12:24:13 pm »
My cable modem service in Mexico went out for a while, a couple of days later they FINALLY get to the house. I'm sure they thought I screwed it up somehow, turns out it was some kind of filter thingy on the line outside by the telephone pole, duh! Like I'm bitching about my service for nothing? BTW it costs 40 a month here, but much slower speeds than Time Warner Roadrunner and NO 24/7 support and service. Their techs need to be sent to the States or Canada for intensive training.

So, this week I will switch to TelMex DSL 256k, they also have 512k, and 1Mb and beyond! SBC and other DSL providers watch out! TelMex is in the states and on the stock market and they are going guns up for American business! 24/7 support and service, and cheaper than CableMas (I like calling them Cableless) and Time Warner. They even have well beyond 1Mb per second service, but it is not so inexpensive.

I did a few internet tests on the Cablemas system, frigging only a lil bit more than a dial up, and they call this POS a cable modem?

When some of you guys and gals did tests for me months back, some of you, Austin area included, were damn near T1 speeds, all for only 40 a month. So count your blessings, however small they may be. I'll give you a report on TelMex DSL after they install it this week.

God bless,

Jack  

JMM

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 12:24:13 pm »
My cable modem service in Mexico went out for a while, a couple of days later they FINALLY get to the house. I'm sure they thought I screwed it up somehow, turns out it was some kind of filter thingy on the line outside by the telephone pole, duh! Like I'm bitching about my service for nothing? BTW it costs 40 a month here, but much slower speeds than Time Warner Roadrunner and NO 24/7 support and service. Their techs need to be sent to the States or Canada for intensive training.

So, this week I will switch to TelMex DSL 256k, they also have 512k, and 1Mb and beyond! SBC and other DSL providers watch out! TelMex is in the states and on the stock market and they are going guns up for American business! 24/7 support and service, and cheaper than CableMas (I like calling them Cableless) and Time Warner. They even have well beyond 1Mb per second service, but it is not so inexpensive.

I did a few internet tests on the Cablemas system, frigging only a lil bit more than a dial up, and they call this POS a cable modem?

When some of you guys and gals did tests for me months back, some of you, Austin area included, were damn near T1 speeds, all for only 40 a month. So count your blessings, however small they may be. I'll give you a report on TelMex DSL after they install it this week.

God bless,

Jack  

JMM

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 12:24:13 pm »

God bless,

Jack