Topic: Kitten Puddles...  (Read 17913 times)

Clark Kent

Re: Kitten Puddles...
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2004, 10:52:49 am »
Thanks for the replies, I'm starting to get an idea of how kittens break you in.  Here's the latest:
Day 2, the Kitten Chronicles
2:00 AM
So very tired, but can't get to sleep.  I got home alte last night- after 2 am, and went to bed before 3, but that little bastard was stalking me.  I sat down to check ym email, and sure enough I hear a "jingle jingle jingle."  The terror began to rise in the pits of my stomach.  "he's coming,"  I told myself.  Slowly, the creature slinked out from under my bed, where he had been hiding in warmth, and dust, for me to appear so he could begin his reign of terror anew.  I sat in anticipation as the creature emerged, slowly, his sleek ferosity carried so naturally as he made his way to me.  If it hadn't been for the tag I had managed to put on him, I wouldn't even know he was there.  It's patented jingle bell technology setting off distinct air vibrations to alert me to his direction.  
Before I knew it he was standing befoer me, making his way over, all 9 inches and 13 ounces of him.  With great care, i managed to circumvent him as he tried to cut me off from my one route of escape: the bed.  Once tucked inside the covers I thought to myself, "It'sd alright now, I';m safe."  I sat in shear horror as I listened to the malicious jingle on the floor beside me as he made short work of post it notes and computerattachments that had been unfortunate enough to cross his path.  After a short time had passed I realized he had had enough of those tidbits, and was on to the real prey: me.  Through his manipualtion of my mind he forced me to pick him up and set him besideme on the bed.  At first all was well, my arms displayed upwards toward the ehad of the bed he had found a nice nook in my armpit and was making this ungodly noise, almost like a diesel engine.  Then, suddenly, with no warning I felt a sharp pain, like several pins jabbing into my armpit  and then pulling.  The terror had truly begun now, and it would continue throughout the night.
6:00 AM
I managed to get an hour of sleep in between attacks, hoping he was through with me for the night, but with no luck.  I'm woken by the feeling of a sharp blow against my eye.  The meager light shining in the windowfrom the cloud engrossed sky allow me to determine that he's no long on the bed; he's made his way to the top of my headboard and found the small serenity water fountain there and the co9ntinuing sharp blows are rocks he's picked upand dropped onto me.  Oh the horror!  It's time to fight back.  Within minutes I will begin my painstaking safari to locate the little bastard on top of my headboard and trap him in a sturdy containment vessel for transport and holding until I can better handle this situation.

CK

P.S.  i like Latinas...
....And apparently Asian ladies as well...

James_Smith

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2004, 04:38:17 pm »
Sounds remarkably familiar....I recall our current resident cat doing that sort of thing when we brought her home.

AlienLXIX

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2004, 06:24:36 pm »
Congratulations!  I am sure it will be a learning experience for you both.  I've lived with cats since the day mum and dad brought me home from the hospital so for me I was always aware of them.  I think in a way I will never know it will be more exciting for you!  

Be good to each other and I think everything will work out for the best!

Aloha,
Amy

Iceman

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2004, 10:15:32 pm »
A water gun is your best friend. Squit him when he does something wrong.  

AlienLXIX

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2004, 02:40:49 am »
A spray bottle is better and doesn't leak as much also if you want that warning to stick in Saber's mind you might want to concider 1 or 2 parts concentrated lemon and 2 or 3 parts water for that spray bottle.  Most cats don't like the taste or smell of citrus so spraying him reinforces the fact he did something wrong.  But don't forget treats when he does something good like use the kitty litter.  

Clark Kent

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2004, 12:48:16 pm »
Hadn't thought of the spray bottle.  He's still learning that night is for sleep.  Last night wasn't bad, by now he's learned what the bed is for, so he spent most of the night curled up under my armpit.  Don't know why he likes it there.  However, the slightest sign of daylight and he was upi and running around, dropping things on me to wake me up.  I got pretty angry, but I think I'll meet him halfway and go to bed a little earlier so he doesn't have to wai as long till I'm ready to get up in the morning.  Just the same, though, he needs to learn that when I lay down, I'm staying down until I feel like getting up, not when he feels like it.  
Apparently he has never had treats before either.  It's taken a couple days for him to figure out that these little things in the jar I shake are yummy.  He's starting to figure it out though, everytime I shake the jar he perks up and now is starting to understand soemthing good is coming.  He also relally likes to be on my lap while on the computer.  He just climbed up my leg and next thing I knew I was looking down at these little green eyes peering up at me from my crotch.  When he learned there wasn't enough room to climb up from underneathh, he managed to climb up from behind the slide out keyboard.

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...

Kmelew

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2004, 01:59:19 pm »
Quote:

Just the same, though, he needs to learn that when I lay down, I'm staying down until I feel like getting up, not when he feels like it.  

LOL Good Luck!!    

James_Smith

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2004, 02:05:34 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Just the same, though, he needs to learn that when I lay down, I'm staying down until I feel like getting up, not when he feels like it.  

LOL Good Luck!!    

I'll second that!  

J. Carney

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2004, 02:22:53 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL Good Luck!!    

I'll second that!    

Never, ever going to happen. He'll be up prowling all night for therest of his happy, pampered, fur-sheding life... after all, he thinks that he's looking out for you by doing these nightly 'patrols.'

Iceman

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2004, 02:58:06 pm »
Quote:

A spray bottle is better and doesn't leak as  

yeah, but I find i thought the squirt gun would be more funny.  

Khalee

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2004, 11:13:28 pm »
I would caution If your seting at your computer and you dont see your pet, Look behind you before you scoot back.

I have run over My cats tail A couple of times because he came in when I would be busy on the computer layed down behind the chair, and I did not know it and only found out after I scooted back and ran over his tail. He made a noise then.

Clark Kent

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2004, 03:18:24 am »
Quote:

I would caution If your seting at your computer and you dont see your pet, Look behind you before you scoot back.

I have run over My cats tail A couple of times because he came in when I would be busy on the computer layed down behind the chair, and I did not know it and only found out after I scooted back and ran over his tail. He made a noise then.  

Wise advice.  He was so quiet moving around I put a collar with a bell on him so I know where he is whenever he moves.

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...
....And apparently Asian Ladies as well...

Khalee

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2004, 03:21:27 am »
Well if you can withstand the silent stare or meow then you have become the owner of you cat, and not vice versa.   And Ill let you figure out what thoes are.

Clark Kent

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2004, 11:43:43 pm »
I am more concerned with the sharp sharp claws and teeth he has the he seems to take great pleasure in using when I don't pay enough attention to him.

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...

Byzantine

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2004, 02:05:15 pm »
I like the sharp claws and teeth as long as its only hands and ankles taking the beating.  There is something magic about a kitten's total ephemeral focus on destroying a hand.

Clark Kent

Kitten Puddles...
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2004, 09:46:03 pm »
So I was at the farm, playing with my soon to be kitten, and I reach to pick him upand realize he is leaking coolant at a substantial rate,a nd there is already a little puddle where he was standing.   This got me thinking: Do I need to potty train my kitten when I bring him home to use a litterbox, or will he naturally do it?  And if I need to train him, how in the world do I do it?

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...

Iceman

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2004, 09:55:48 pm »
You definitly need to house break him, though I have no idea about how to do it.  

Khalee

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2004, 09:58:51 pm »
Some take to it naurally, some you have to train. I was lucky with my cat and he took to it right off. If you have to train it, put the pan in one room and let him play in it stuff and all. And if you see him look like he has to go (Ie snifing around that sort of thing) put him in the pan each time they will get the idea after a bit. You might have to show them how to cover it up tho, simply take their paw and go thru the motions, it works.

Sirgod

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2004, 10:09:04 pm »
Do what I did with Poo CK. He tried to hard to be something she's not, and Took after all my Bosties. But she has two things Going for her.

1.) She has Claws which cut to all hell.
2.) She Likes to fly when she does so.

Hehe, she was squating near one of my dogs the other day, and the dog Got up smelled It, and Decided to mark the Territory.

Poo sees this as a chance to attack, at just about the same time the Dog did the Bury the Poo routine, By kicking his back legs. Poo get's in the way.

Some cat's DO NOT land on there Feet. Esp. when kicked by the same dog That It just sunk two Feet into uhm, niether regions.

Funniest thing I've seen from my pet's in awhile.

Back to the pottty Training. One thing to Consider also, Is That Cat's will use House Plants For litter If you don't spend the time Kepping the box Clean, and Showing them where to go.

stephen

J. Carney

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2004, 10:25:36 pm »
I've had 5 cats and never had to housebreak a single one. Now, I'm kinda cheating, cause I live in a trailer with all vinal floors and have no potted plants. The litterbox is the only place in the house a cat can cover it up, so they just naturally gravitate towards it.

That kind of thing just comes naturally to cats. No training required