Topic: Star Trek Enterprise: Zero Hour (season finale)  (Read 20089 times)

Tremok

Star Trek Enterprise: Zero Hour (season finale)
« on: May 26, 2004, 07:05:23 pm »
Heh. Haven't done one of these post in a while. Figured might as well for the seaon finale.

To be honest, I haven't seen an Enterprise episode in quite a while. Let's see how this plays out.  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tremok »

Clark Kent

Re: Star Trek: Enterprise Zero Hour (season finale)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 07:15:41 pm »
I still tune in frequently hoping to hear Scott Bakula say "Oh boy."

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...
....And apparently Asian ladies as well...

ActiveX

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 07:18:50 pm »
When does it air? I haven't been keeping up with TV...

Clark Kent

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 07:22:04 pm »
It's on right now here

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...

ActiveX

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 07:28:56 pm »
Pacific?

Clark Kent

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 07:45:20 pm »
I'm on Central.

CK

P.S. I like Latinas...

Corbomite

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 07:53:57 pm »
Quote:

Pacific?  

8 p.m.

Clark Kent

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 07:57:58 pm »
Oh for cryin out loud, they sent them back to WWII?  what kind of cockamaimy B.S.  is this?  Can't they stop screwing with time for god's sake?  This is getting so OLD!!!!!

CK

P.S. I like Latinas...

Tremok

Re: Star Trek Enterprise: Zero Hour (season finale)
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 07:58:52 pm »
So, age is considered intimate information to Vulcans?    

Khalee

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 08:03:13 pm »
Nope  looks like they are going to run it into the ground. why bother picking it up for another season if this is the best they can do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Khalee »

Captain Krenn

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 08:21:18 pm »
seems I'm not alone in my utter disgust

W W 2?  

cheesh, can't the morons do anything except time travel crap?  

Praxis

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 08:40:16 pm »
What?  It was supposed to be on at 8 PM, but it's only 6:40 PM right now.

Harlax

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 09:17:43 pm »
Can you say Galactica 1980?

(Sorry if I stirred up any memories you might have been repressing there....)

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 09:19:31 pm »
Quote:

No, just to some women.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 11:46:10 pm »
Here's a question: how come none of the Germans gave a crap that Nosferatu is apparently an SS officer?  Or perhaps it's the Red Skull's eviler cousin, the Blue Skull.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rat_Boy »

Gambler

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 06:58:30 am »
Think about it this way.  With going back into WW2 the era and continuing the time travel arc they can do the following:

1)  Save on pesky repairs to their Enterprise Set.

2)  Avoid those nasty Trekers who don't like what they're doing with the Rodenberry timeline.  See!  That NEVER EVER EVER could have happened because we're in an alternate universe!

Sirgod

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 07:46:47 am »

Quote:

Or perhaps it's the Red Skull's eviler cousin, the Blue Skull.

Does that Make Archer The New Captain America?

Stephen

James_Smith

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 08:42:47 am »
Well, that last five or so minutes of the episode was the most ridiculous load of bullsh*t on Trek since the Warp 10 episode of Voyager...

So the weapon blows up. We now have to accept that Archer somehow is transported both several million kilometres away and several hundred years back in time. And Enterprise is also transported back to this time period. I guess that Aquatic ship travelled back in time as well, but I'm sure that the writers will be completely ignoring that little fact.

Oh, and the Nazis are teaming up with Scary Looking Aliens?. This is the Nazis - a group of people who were convinced that they had to keep the purity of their race, and that anyone who was different must be eliminated. Great choice guys.

Anyone want to take bets on what will happen in Season 4? I'm going to guess that it will take several eps for Enterprise to get back to it's own time, so the writers have plenty of time now to completely bugger things up.

Gambler

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 09:18:49 am »
[quote
So the weapon blows up. We now have to accept that Archer somehow is transported both several million kilometres away and several hundred years back in time. And Enterprise is also transported back to this time period. I guess that Aquatic ship travelled back in time as well, but I'm sure that the writers will be completely ignoring that little fact.

After my initial post I had the same thoughts.  Talk about a load of crap.  Or what if we didn't go back in time but history changed to allow the Nazi's to have been more dominant in WWII.  So it's Today as far as Enterprise is concerned but Earth has changed.  Why would it?  Blowing up the weapon in this timeline as long as we stay in this timeline isn't going to effect the past.  Unless the time traveling bad guys had a second plan in place an implemented it at the same time the Xindi were doing there thing.

Scott Allen Abfalter

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 09:25:52 am »

I can't make heads or tails out of it.

I am going on the assumption that Enterprise is not warped back in time, because of (as it was pointed out) the Xindi dropping them off.  

I am going on the assumption that Archer is in the past because the whole scene had a WWII feel to it.

My guess is that WWII is messed up because Evil Aliens are messing with the poor, too-often abused, timeline.   Somehow this messed up our history such that by Enterprise's time the Earth still had not achieved space travel and even aviation has not progressed.  Maybe the Nazi's were not defeated in the 1940's and it's 200 years later and we're still fighting?

Malcom said that things "did not look different" from the air.  Does that imply that San Francisco is built up to 22nd century levels or is it built to 1940's levels?  Or maybe he could not tell.

All and all there was not enough info to make it all fit.  One thing I can say: it really, REALLY, reeks of 3rd season TOS nonsense and instead of anxiously awaiting the next season (like I was at the end of season 2) I have a summer of waiting to see if things are going to end up as stupid as they appear.

Kortez

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 09:30:09 am »
Good questions, Scott.  I will reserve judgment until I see what is up next season.

Did anyone else notice the alien had 2 pips on his uniform?  Does that make him a lieutenant in Star Fleet's equivalent?

James_Smith

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 09:36:46 am »
Quote:

All and all there was not enough info to make it all fit.  One thing I can say: it really, REALLY, reeks of 3rd season TOS nonsense and instead of anxiously awaiting the next season (like I was at the end of season 2) I have a summer of waiting to see if things are going to end up as stupid as they appear.

At least Season 3 of TOS had a couple of excuses for being bad (tiny budget and terminal network neglect). When the writing was good - "The Enterprise Incident" for example - the episode was brilliant. All of Enterprise's problems come down to the same thing - lazy writing.

Clark Kent

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 09:59:39 am »
Quote:

I am going on the assumption that Archer is in the past because the whole scene had a WWII feel to it.

My guess is that WWII is messed up because Evil Aliens are messing with the poor, too-often abused, timeline.   Somehow this messed up our history such that by Enterprise's time the Earth still had not achieved space travel and even aviation has not progressed.  Maybe the Nazi's were not defeated in the 1940's and it's 200 years later and we're still fighting?

No doubt, it seems like they've messed with the timeline in this series already more than anyother trek series as far as I can tell.  Except, they're not satisfied with smaller, isolated incidents anymroe- they have to change the fabric of entire societies for their plots.  It has to be a time change.  For one, during WWII incredible advances in aviation alone.  If it hadn't been for hitler, there would have been jet fighters and bombers in service by 1943.  The allies were only a couple yeatrs behind, even though their jets were not nearly as good as the german ones.  Bollistic misdsile technology was born in WWII, despite the fact that they all but dissapeared for a decade or two after the war.  The atomic bomb was on the virge of being created by the US, Germans and Japanese in WWII, the US was just lucky to make it there first because of luc in break throughs or luck in other areas.  
There are other areas as well.  If WWII had continued on and on and on, eventually scientific progression would have ground to a halt, but it would still be much more advanced than what we think of as the arsenals back then.  Also, the germans, russians and japanese were losing people at far too high a rate to have lasted more than a few year more- I give it a max of 15, and that's pushing it.  Keep in mind, while the US lost 314,000 in WWII the casualties for Germany, russia and japan numbered in the millions- the russians losing tens of millions at that.  A war extended further than it was would have left the world in what we would consider a post apocolyptic society.  
My best guess is that future man tried to pull Archer away from the exploding sphere at the last minute and lost him to the past.  Then, he decided to send enterprise back after they left the xindi ship to retrieve him and fix yet another time problem.  
I understand the theory of suspension of disbelief, and I also understand you can only suspend it so far.  I'm sorry, but this is just terrible story writing, and a lousy plot device.  I remember a TOS episode where they supposedly went to the past and intercepted some dude who was some kind of alien for a spin off show.  It was one of the worst things I had ever seen.  This is worse.

CK

P.S.  I like latinas...

Rat_Boy

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 10:37:27 am »
This'll go down as the Trek equivalent of the Janet Jackson Super Bowl incident; there was quite a compelling showdown being waged between the Carolina Reptilians and the Federation Patriots, but everyone will forget about that and focus on one little incident that seemed to be a completely separate part.

ActiveX

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2004, 11:24:51 am »
Next thing you know, we'll see Voyager accidently hit Enterprise, with the SS Bounty as clean up hitter...all over the Golden Gate Bridge...

Kortez

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2004, 11:25:59 am »
My initial thoughts is the end represents no trip into the past, that we are seeing alien intervention in Earth's time line, that this involves the Suliban, which has not been resolved, and that Earth has been transformed into such a sorry state of affairs it can never evolve and help create the future that we have all come to know and enjoy.

Earth is a pretty important planet, and if it never develops into the warp-driven society of peace and exploration, someone is not going to be stopped.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kortez »

Sirgod

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2004, 02:28:01 pm »
Quote:

My initial thoughts is the end represents no trip into the past, that we are seeing alien intervention in Earth's time line, that this involves the Suliban, which has not been resolved, and that Earth has been transformed into such a sorry state of affairs it can never evolve and help create the future that we have all come to know and enjoy.

Earth is a pretty important planet, and if it never develops into the warp-driven society of peace and exploration, someone is not going to be stopped.

Very Interesting idea actually. Maybe Khan is still alive here in this Future??? Or Col. Green???

Stephen

Captain Krenn

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2004, 02:40:22 pm »
Quote:

This'll go down as the Trek equivalent of the Janet Jackson Super Bowl incident; there was quite a compelling showdown being waged between the Carolina Reptilians and the Federation Patriots, but everyone will forget about that and focus on one little incident that seemed to be a completely separate part.  

Ack!  If Archer has a "wardrobe malfunction" I'm gonna hurl!!

Hoshi or T'Paul on the other hand...

BortaS

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2004, 02:49:50 pm »
They had one chance to win back some of the fans they lost.    I was with them right up until the P-51's.  I just changed the channel and thought to myself that it's time to get off the crap wagon known as Enterprise.  

Dash Jones

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2004, 03:50:18 pm »
Look at it in a positive light.  Now B&B can do what they've been doing to the trek timeline, but do it to the world's history!  Next thing we know, they'll have Mussolini leading tanks against Patton and winning, Hitler's forces taking St. Petersburg in the winter along with Moscow and everything up to Siberia before the Russians strike back, the Nazi's with ICBM's, and the American's barely winning because the Enterprise comes at the last moment and fires some point defense at the ICBM's launched by Hitler!

Kortez

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2004, 05:38:32 pm »
Let's hold our judgment until we see next year's episodes to start the season.  I don't like the WW2 crap, but it is still possible it will be interesting.  I say they are NOT back in time or the helm would have noticed the star's being out of position.

We will see ...

E_Look

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2004, 06:44:38 pm »
Ahhh, finally!  A calmer voice.  True to form, Kortez.  Not bad for a spy kid.

P.S.  I think in general, the show has recovered its entertainment value, many episodes ago.

Khalee

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2004, 07:01:19 pm »
And lost it with this episode its just going to be more of the same time travel BS

Harlax

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2004, 07:07:19 pm »
Quote:

Next thing you know, we'll see Voyager accidently hit Enterprise, with the SS Bounty as clean up hitter...all over the Golden Gate Bridge...  

Botany Bay?  Botany Bay!  Oh no, we've got to get out of here!  

Death_Merchant

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2004, 07:11:06 pm »
Awwwww....

and I was a-gonna rant!

Akiraprise!
Continuity!
Gel-decom!
Klingon Homeworld is TOO CLOSE!
Deep space? Bah! We gots' subspace corridors galore!
Twisted timelines.... Frisky Vulcans....
and now EVIL NAZI ALIENS and P-51s strafing shuttlepods!
Ratta-tat ratta-tat!

DM stops to look at his dusty NCC-1701 model.....
...sniff...sniff... it's not real..... it's not gonna be real.....
 it's just a TV show.....

ActiveX

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2004, 07:38:40 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Nah, Kahn never was in San Fran...that I know of...

but a cookie to whoever can tell me what the SS Bounty is...might have been HMS Bounty...dont recall exactly

Daew Anahos

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2004, 07:50:36 pm »
As I said in the General Forum Thread, I liked the ending. (Ducks and dons flame proof suit) I always like stories messing with the time-line. Sliders was cool in that respect, each Earth was different in some way, little or big. I agree with the posts that tag this as an alternate time-line, not having traveled through time again. They did somewhat set this up in the very first show with the "Temporal Cold War" deal. How destroying the spheres and the weapon count towards the new history is tough to guess...I'm tuning in just to see how in the (bleep) they are going to explain all this.

Hopefully, it won't be the second Enterprise reset button episode.

One thing, if history was changed, it means we don't have to listen to those #*#&^@^%@% I'm loving it commericals anymore!

Corbomite

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2004, 08:01:32 pm »
Quote:

but a cookie to whoever can tell me what the SS Bounty is...might have been HMS Bounty...dont recall exactly  

That was Captain Bligh's ship that Fletcher Christian and his buddies had their mutiny on -  and it was HMS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Corbomite »

Kortez

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2004, 08:44:13 pm »
Quote:

And lost it with this episode its just going to be more of the same time travel BS  

Thanks, E_Look.  Khalee, I think one should remember they only tied up one of two time travel plots.  We have not seen the one with the Suliban resolve itself.   Perhaps we will now.  I hope they do it quickly, though, because I would rather see different plot items than time travel itself.  Still, since we don't know what is happening, shouldn't we wait to see?

Rat_Boy

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2004, 09:27:01 pm »
I know I'm going to catch flack for this, but doesn't this remind anybody else of the Farscape finale?  It was almost exactly the same situation, a long storyline finally gets resolved and everything is starting to look up for the heroes, when all of a sudden a totally random event throws everything out of whack just before the episode ends.

Death_Merchant

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2004, 09:35:17 pm »
Quote:

I know I'm going to catch flack for this, but doesn't this remind anybody else of the Farscape finale?  It was almost exactly the same situation, a long storyline finally gets resolved and everything is starting to look up for the heroes, when all of a sudden a totally random event throws everything out of whack just before the episode ends.  

No flack, but the analogy is a bit different.
We all knew that was the last season of Farscape. It wasn't a teaser for some upcoming storyline.
It was an end, and a rather harsh and abrupt one at that....  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2004, 11:49:15 pm »
Quote:

We all knew that was the last season of Farscape. It wasn't a teaser for some upcoming storyline.

No, when it was written, no one knew that it would be the last show ever.  Kemper and Co. thought they'd have another season to explain away why a bunch of random (and call me crazy, ones that resemble the Nazi alien) aliens vaporized John and Aeryn.  Instead, we got a very akward end.  Imagine if ENT had been cancelled and no reshoots were done; we'd virtually get the same thing: a conclusion to a long-running storyline that gets capped off by a completely out of the blue plot twist at the very end.

I wonder...people were ticked off at Sci Fi for cancelling Farscape and not allowing the cliffhanger to be resolved, not at the writers for coming up with a completely random way to end the seaon.  If UPN cancelled ENT, would people be angry at the network for cancelling the show before the final twist could be resolved, or would they be as they are now angry at the writers?

Death_Merchant

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2004, 11:57:56 pm »
Hmmm, I stand corrected then.
Thx, RatBoy

Maybe my whole problem with this is: The mini-arcs feel so "patched together at the last minute".

B5 had great arcs. Arcs planned from day one.
Enterprise arcs feels like cheap tricks to hook us to watch the next episode.

Will Batman become swiss cheese??!?! Will Robin become the boy blender??!?!
Tune in next time to find out! Same BatTime... Same BatChannel!  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2004, 12:06:13 am »
In all honesty, I would've paid big bucks if B&B could drag in the guy who played D'Argo just to scream "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" after seeing the Nazi alien.  Best...Ending Scream...Ever.

ActiveX

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2004, 12:35:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

That was Captain Bligh's ship that Fletcher Christian and his buddies had their mutiny on -  and it was HMS.  

Hmm...well Im actually referring to the BoP in ST:IV...

Javora

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2004, 03:19:32 am »
Quote:

In all honesty, I would've paid big bucks if B&B could drag in the guy who played D'Argo just to scream "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" after seeing the Nazi alien.  Best...Ending Scream...Ever.  

Maybe Sci-fi can hire that actor to bring back MST 3000 with this Enterprise episode as it's first victim.  However I've been to a few other forum boards on the net and the general consensus was that they liked the Enterprise ending.  A lot of them said that they couldn?t wait for the series to come back in the fall.  Maybe because we hold Trek near and dear to our hearts that we are too hard on the show and B&B....  Naaaaw!!!  

I will admit I cringed at the start of the show when I saw B&B had done the writing.

James_Smith

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2004, 05:51:47 am »
Quote:

I will admit I cringed at the start of the show when I saw B&B had done the writing.

Thing is, the episode was great until the last five mins. I almost thought B&B had written a good episode....now I know they were just setting it all up for an ending that throws common sense out and brings in Nazis.

The ending had the feeling of having been tacked on - maybe after the show was finally picked up for a fourth season, they decided they needed a cliffhanger quickly.

Inquiry

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2004, 10:20:44 pm »
I don't know why they had to use Nazis, they should have done Commies or Frenchies. Or French Commies.

Tremok

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2004, 07:05:23 pm »
Heh. Haven't done one of these post in a while. Figured might as well for the seaon finale.

To be honest, I haven't seen an Enterprise episode in quite a while. Let's see how this plays out.  

Clark Kent

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2004, 07:15:41 pm »

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...

ActiveX

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2004, 07:18:50 pm »

Clark Kent

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2004, 07:22:04 pm »
It's on right now here

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...

ActiveX

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2004, 07:28:56 pm »
Pacific?

Clark Kent

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2004, 07:45:20 pm »
I'm on Central.

CK

P.S. I like Latinas...

Corbomite

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2004, 07:53:57 pm »
Quote:

Pacific?  

8 p.m.

Clark Kent

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2004, 07:57:58 pm »
Oh for cryin out loud, they sent them back to WWII?  what kind of cockamaimy B.S.  is this?  Can't they stop screwing with time for god's sake?  This is getting so OLD!!!!!

CK

P.S. I like Latinas...

Tremok

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2004, 07:58:52 pm »

Khalee

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2004, 08:03:13 pm »
Nope  looks like they are going to run it into the ground. why bother picking it up for another season if this is the best they can do.

Captain Krenn

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2004, 08:21:18 pm »

W W 2?  

Praxis

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2004, 08:40:16 pm »

Harlax

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2004, 09:17:43 pm »

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2004, 09:19:31 pm »
Quote:

No, just to some women.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2004, 11:46:10 pm »
Here's a question: how come none of the Germans gave a crap that Nosferatu is apparently an SS officer?  Or perhaps it's the Red Skull's eviler cousin, the Blue Skull.

Gambler

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2004, 06:58:30 am »
Think about it this way.  With going back into WW2 the era and continuing the time travel arc they can do the following:

2)  Avoid those nasty Trekers who don't like what they're doing with the Rodenberry timeline.  See!  That NEVER EVER EVER could have happened because we're in an alternate universe!

Sirgod

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2004, 07:46:47 am »

Quote:

Stephen

James_Smith

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2004, 08:42:47 am »
Well, that last five or so minutes of the episode was the most ridiculous load of bullsh*t on Trek since the Warp 10 episode of Voyager...

Oh, and the Nazis are teaming up with Scary Looking Aliens?. This is the Nazis - a group of people who were convinced that they had to keep the purity of their race, and that anyone who was different must be eliminated. Great choice guys.

Anyone want to take bets on what will happen in Season 4? I'm going to guess that it will take several eps for Enterprise to get back to it's own time, so the writers have plenty of time now to completely bugger things up.

Gambler

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2004, 09:18:49 am »
[quote

After my initial post I had the same thoughts.  Talk about a load of crap.  Or what if we didn't go back in time but history changed to allow the Nazi's to have been more dominant in WWII.  So it's Today as far as Enterprise is concerned but Earth has changed.  Why would it?  Blowing up the weapon in this timeline as long as we stay in this timeline isn't going to effect the past.  Unless the time traveling bad guys had a second plan in place an implemented it at the same time the Xindi were doing there thing.

Scott Allen Abfalter

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2004, 09:25:52 am »

I am going on the assumption that Enterprise is not warped back in time, because of (as it was pointed out) the Xindi dropping them off.  

Malcom said that things "did not look different" from the air.  Does that imply that San Francisco is built up to 22nd century levels or is it built to 1940's levels?  Or maybe he could not tell.

Kortez

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2004, 09:30:09 am »
Good questions, Scott.  I will reserve judgment until I see what is up next season.

Did anyone else notice the alien had 2 pips on his uniform?  Does that make him a lieutenant in Star Fleet's equivalent?

James_Smith

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2004, 09:36:46 am »
Quote:

At least Season 3 of TOS had a couple of excuses for being bad (tiny budget and terminal network neglect). When the writing was good - "The Enterprise Incident" for example - the episode was brilliant. All of Enterprise's problems come down to the same thing - lazy writing.

Clark Kent

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2004, 09:59:39 am »
Quote:

No doubt, it seems like they've messed with the timeline in this series already more than anyother trek series as far as I can tell.  Except, they're not satisfied with smaller, isolated incidents anymroe- they have to change the fabric of entire societies for their plots.  It has to be a time change.  For one, during WWII incredible advances in aviation alone.  If it hadn't been for hitler, there would have been jet fighters and bombers in service by 1943.  The allies were only a couple yeatrs behind, even though their jets were not nearly as good as the german ones.  Bollistic misdsile technology was born in WWII, despite the fact that they all but dissapeared for a decade or two after the war.  The atomic bomb was on the virge of being created by the US, Germans and Japanese in WWII, the US was just lucky to make it there first because of luc in break throughs or luck in other areas.  
There are other areas as well.  If WWII had continued on and on and on, eventually scientific progression would have ground to a halt, but it would still be much more advanced than what we think of as the arsenals back then.  Also, the germans, russians and japanese were losing people at far too high a rate to have lasted more than a few year more- I give it a max of 15, and that's pushing it.  Keep in mind, while the US lost 314,000 in WWII the casualties for Germany, russia and japan numbered in the millions- the russians losing tens of millions at that.  A war extended further than it was would have left the world in what we would consider a post apocolyptic society.  
My best guess is that future man tried to pull Archer away from the exploding sphere at the last minute and lost him to the past.  Then, he decided to send enterprise back after they left the xindi ship to retrieve him and fix yet another time problem.  
I understand the theory of suspension of disbelief, and I also understand you can only suspend it so far.  I'm sorry, but this is just terrible story writing, and a lousy plot device.  I remember a TOS episode where they supposedly went to the past and intercepted some dude who was some kind of alien for a spin off show.  It was one of the worst things I had ever seen.  This is worse.

CK

P.S.  I like latinas...

Rat_Boy

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2004, 10:37:27 am »

ActiveX

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2004, 11:24:51 am »

Kortez

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2004, 11:25:59 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2004, 02:28:01 pm »
Quote:

Very Interesting idea actually. Maybe Khan is still alive here in this Future??? Or Col. Green???

Stephen

Captain Krenn

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2004, 02:40:22 pm »
Quote:

BortaS

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2004, 02:49:50 pm »
They had one chance to win back some of the fans they lost.    I was with them right up until the P-51's.  I just changed the channel and thought to myself that it's time to get off the crap wagon known as Enterprise.  

Dash Jones

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2004, 03:50:18 pm »
Look at it in a positive light.  Now B&B can do what they've been doing to the trek timeline, but do it to the world's history!  Next thing we know, they'll have Mussolini leading tanks against Patton and winning, Hitler's forces taking St. Petersburg in the winter along with Moscow and everything up to Siberia before the Russians strike back, the Nazi's with ICBM's, and the American's barely winning because the Enterprise comes at the last moment and fires some point defense at the ICBM's launched by Hitler!

Kortez

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2004, 05:38:32 pm »
Let's hold our judgment until we see next year's episodes to start the season.  I don't like the WW2 crap, but it is still possible it will be interesting.  I say they are NOT back in time or the helm would have noticed the star's being out of position.

We will see ...

E_Look

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2004, 06:44:38 pm »

P.S.  I think in general, the show has recovered its entertainment value, many episodes ago.

Khalee

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2004, 07:01:19 pm »

Harlax

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2004, 07:07:19 pm »
Quote:

Death_Merchant

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2004, 07:11:06 pm »
Awwwww....

and I was a-gonna rant!

Akiraprise!
Continuity!
Gel-decom!
Ratta-tat ratta-tat!

it's just a TV show.....

ActiveX

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2004, 07:38:40 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Daew Anahos

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2004, 07:50:36 pm »
As I said in the General Forum Thread, I liked the ending. (Ducks and dons flame proof suit) I always like stories messing with the time-line. Sliders was cool in that respect, each Earth was different in some way, little or big. I agree with the posts that tag this as an alternate time-line, not having traveled through time again. They did somewhat set this up in the very first show with the "Temporal Cold War" deal. How destroying the spheres and the weapon count towards the new history is tough to guess...I'm tuning in just to see how in the (bleep) they are going to explain all this.

One thing, if history was changed, it means we don't have to listen to those #*#&^@^%@% I'm loving it commericals anymore!

Corbomite

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2004, 08:01:32 pm »
Quote:

Kortez

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2004, 08:44:13 pm »
Quote:

Thanks, E_Look.  Khalee, I think one should remember they only tied up one of two time travel plots.  We have not seen the one with the Suliban resolve itself.   Perhaps we will now.  I hope they do it quickly, though, because I would rather see different plot items than time travel itself.  Still, since we don't know what is happening, shouldn't we wait to see?

Rat_Boy

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2004, 09:27:01 pm »

Death_Merchant

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2004, 09:35:17 pm »
Quote:

Rat_Boy

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2004, 11:49:15 pm »
Quote:

No, when it was written, no one knew that it would be the last show ever.  Kemper and Co. thought they'd have another season to explain away why a bunch of random (and call me crazy, ones that resemble the Nazi alien) aliens vaporized John and Aeryn.  Instead, we got a very akward end.  Imagine if ENT had been cancelled and no reshoots were done; we'd virtually get the same thing: a conclusion to a long-running storyline that gets capped off by a completely out of the blue plot twist at the very end.

I wonder...people were ticked off at Sci Fi for cancelling Farscape and not allowing the cliffhanger to be resolved, not at the writers for coming up with a completely random way to end the seaon.  If UPN cancelled ENT, would people be angry at the network for cancelling the show before the final twist could be resolved, or would they be as they are now angry at the writers?

Death_Merchant

« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2004, 11:57:56 pm »
Thx, RatBoy

Maybe my whole problem with this is: The mini-arcs feel so "patched together at the last minute".

Rat_Boy

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2004, 12:06:13 am »

ActiveX

« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2004, 12:35:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Javora

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2004, 03:19:32 am »
Quote:

Maybe Sci-fi can hire that actor to bring back MST 3000 with this Enterprise episode as it's first victim.  However I've been to a few other forum boards on the net and the general consensus was that they liked the Enterprise ending.  A lot of them said that they couldn?t wait for the series to come back in the fall.  Maybe because we hold Trek near and dear to our hearts that we are too hard on the show and B&B....  Naaaaw!!!  

James_Smith

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2004, 05:51:47 am »
Quote:

Thing is, the episode was great until the last five mins. I almost thought B&B had written a good episode....now I know they were just setting it all up for an ending that throws common sense out and brings in Nazis.

The ending had the feeling of having been tacked on - maybe after the show was finally picked up for a fourth season, they decided they needed a cliffhanger quickly.

Inquiry

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2004, 10:20:44 pm »
I don't know why they had to use Nazis, they should have done Commies or Frenchies. Or French Commies.

Tremok

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2004, 07:05:23 pm »

Clark Kent

« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2004, 07:15:41 pm »

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...

ActiveX

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2004, 07:18:50 pm »

Clark Kent

« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2004, 07:22:04 pm »
It's on right now here

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...

ActiveX

« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2004, 07:28:56 pm »
Pacific?

Clark Kent

« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2004, 07:45:20 pm »
I'm on Central.

CK

P.S. I like Latinas...

Corbomite

« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2004, 07:53:57 pm »
Quote:

Pacific?  

8 p.m.

Clark Kent

« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2004, 07:57:58 pm »

CK

P.S. I like Latinas...

Tremok

« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2004, 07:58:52 pm »

Khalee

« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2004, 08:03:13 pm »

Captain Krenn

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2004, 08:21:18 pm »

W W 2?  

Praxis

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2004, 08:40:16 pm »

Harlax

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2004, 09:17:43 pm »

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2004, 09:19:31 pm »
Quote:

No, just to some women.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2004, 11:46:10 pm »

Gambler

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2004, 06:58:30 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2004, 07:46:47 am »

Quote:

Stephen

James_Smith

« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2004, 08:42:47 am »

Gambler

« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2004, 09:18:49 am »
[quote

Scott Allen Abfalter

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2004, 09:25:52 am »

Kortez

« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2004, 09:30:09 am »

James_Smith

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2004, 09:36:46 am »
Quote:

Clark Kent

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2004, 09:59:39 am »
Quote:

CK

P.S.  I like latinas...

Rat_Boy

« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2004, 10:37:27 am »

ActiveX

« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2004, 11:24:51 am »

Kortez

« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2004, 11:25:59 am »

Sirgod

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2004, 02:28:01 pm »
Quote:

Stephen

Captain Krenn

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2004, 02:40:22 pm »
Quote:

BortaS

« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2004, 02:49:50 pm »

Dash Jones

« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2004, 03:50:18 pm »

Kortez

« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2004, 05:38:32 pm »

We will see ...

E_Look

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2004, 06:44:38 pm »

Khalee

« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2004, 07:01:19 pm »

Harlax

« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2004, 07:07:19 pm »
Quote:

Death_Merchant

« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2004, 07:11:06 pm »
Awwwww....

and I was a-gonna rant!

Akiraprise!
Continuity!
Gel-decom!
Ratta-tat ratta-tat!

it's just a TV show.....

ActiveX

« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2004, 07:38:40 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Daew Anahos

« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2004, 07:50:36 pm »

Corbomite

« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2004, 08:01:32 pm »
Quote:

Kortez

« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2004, 08:44:13 pm »
Quote:

Rat_Boy

« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2004, 09:27:01 pm »

Death_Merchant

« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2004, 09:35:17 pm »
Quote:

Rat_Boy

« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2004, 11:49:15 pm »
Quote:

Death_Merchant

« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2004, 11:57:56 pm »
Thx, RatBoy

Rat_Boy

« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2004, 12:06:13 am »

ActiveX

« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2004, 12:35:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Javora

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2004, 03:19:32 am »
Quote:

James_Smith

« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2004, 05:51:47 am »
Quote:

Inquiry

« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2004, 10:20:44 pm »