Topic: Anybody a Godzilla Fan?  (Read 8082 times)

StarDragon

Re: Anybody a Godzilla Fan?
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2004, 06:16:23 am »
  To tell you teh truth I always LIKED Godzilla (especially the concept), though the cartoon IMHO was a real dis-service to teh franchise, but I didn't LOVE Godzilla till they made him less-family freindly, meaning the NEW meaner look. No more protecting the Earth crap (like that disco song "save the Earth" when he fought the Smog Monster), or "tag team" when he and JetJaguar fought Megalona dn the other guy.

Big G is all on his own and everyone is going down in flames! If humantity is lucky he might view them as BENEATH his notice and let some survive (he needs them to make more power plants for him to feast on every few years LOL!) Muhahaha...

There was a fanfic about Super Atragon and G versus aliens.. with the Thunderbirds movie comming out any chance you think of a SUPER Atrogon movie? I saw the animation yearas ago and it was EXCELLENT!

For those of you taht do not know the stroy of Atragon was it was a secret Japanese submersible battleship that wasn't completed before the end of WWII.  (the concept was based on actualy experiments they did back then).

Ravok

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2004, 08:05:53 am »
 Yea when they made him" Godzilla the children's friend" In the 60s It was a little too corny at times. But i still love all of them.
 And heck EVERYBODY knows Jet Jaguar was a rip off of Ultra Man another of my all time favorites.  

SL-Punisher

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2004, 12:42:45 pm »
The Japanese in the Godzilla movies always reminded me of the dozers in Fraggle Rock. You'd wreck everything, and they'd just build it right back up again for the next huge monster attack

Kaenyne

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2004, 09:42:35 am »
Glad to see there's soem Godzilla fans out there! To answer one posts's question, that modern "Destroy All Monsters", titled "Godzilla: Final Wars" is set to premier in Japan in early December of this year. There is speculation that it will get a U.S. release larer on. Let's hope!

Scott Allen Abfalter

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2004, 10:33:39 am »

You know, I actually LIKED the US CGI style Godzilla a lot.  

The acting and story of the film really sucked, but I liked the monster effects quite a bit.  I'm probably the only one...

Kaenyne

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2004, 01:19:47 pm »
Nope, you're not alone. I liked the creature design and effects of the film, but do not consider it a Godzilla film really. Not because this Godzilla did not look like the Japanese version, but rather because it did not behave like Godzilla. Running away from helicopters, tunneling to hide, etc. In my mind, Godzilla NEVER runs from a fight-?Never.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

Sirgod

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2004, 01:27:14 pm »
I actually Considered Buying a Game Cube Just to play there Godzilla Game. I heard It had more secret Monsters then the X Box Version.

Stephen

Kaenyne

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2004, 03:05:39 pm »
I think it may be the other way around. The XBox version had one more monster than the Gamecube, namely MechaGodzilla 3 a.k.a. Kiryu (the version from Godzilla x MechaGodzilla). That and some improved graphics, but that's all. Wait a few more months and you'll have one great Godzilla game to play on Playstation 2!

Sirgod

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2004, 03:09:52 pm »
Quote:

I think it may be the other way around. The XBox version had one more monster than the Gamecube, namely MechaGodzilla 3 a.k.a. Kiryu (the version from Godzilla x MechaGodzilla). That and some improved graphics, but that's all. Wait a few more months and you'll have one great Godzilla game to play on Playstation 2!  

I think you are correct, It was awhile back when I was looking int o the games. I'll def. Grab the game For the PS 2 though.

Stephen

Kaenyne

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2004, 03:32:34 pm »
Yup, it's th PS2 version for me too. Hey, if you want to see some screenshots and some E3 footage, try going to Toho Kingdom. The footage was taped with a camcorder as somebody was playing an early demo.  

Sirgod

« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2004, 03:39:48 pm »
Will do, Can I find It using a simple Google search?

Stephen

Kaenyne

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2004, 04:00:46 pm »
Oops! Shoulda done this for ya: www.tohokingdom.com  

Sirgod

« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2004, 04:15:31 pm »
Thanks Man. I appreciate the Link...

Stephen

Kaenyne

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2004, 10:57:17 am »
You're very welcome! Enjoy!

Kaenyne

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2004, 08:40:31 am »
Bump

Dogmatix!

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2004, 04:19:15 pm »
I've always loved Godzilla movies....it's just good clean fun, man...

One of my favorite Xbox games is Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters...lol...