Topic: My small contribution to the Community  (Read 1129 times)

jimkirk

My small contribution to the Community
« on: June 11, 2004, 12:14:42 pm »
 Me  and  DCPCT - Defiant Class Project Construction Team  are pround to present a     new weapon :  

I have tested the effectiveness of ESG Lance. Just then had an idea to convert it into Defiant's Pulse Phasers. Although they have limited range (6.99 clicks in SFC:OP). They are extreemly powerful - resembling their real DS9 strength. Just imagine I've blown up a Maquis raider with one volley just like in DS9 series  

Download and enjoy...
 SFCOP Pulse Phaser download directory    
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 12:16:17 pm by jimkirk »

MarianoDT

Re: My small contribution to the Community
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 12:21:39 pm »
Thanks, d/ling now.....  

Mariano

Kaenyne

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 12:45:16 pm »
That's really neat! Any plans for more color variations?

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 01:36:44 pm »
I installed the sound mod; now none of my sound effects work  

Chrystoff

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 01:55:08 pm »
That is cool!  

Dizzy

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 05:14:35 pm »
I think I see that your ship has no shuttlebay icon.?

IIRC, the Defiant had one shuttle.

Mariner

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 05:46:51 pm »
Great job! The only thing I'd suggest is that the arc of the cannons should be about FH or FA (preferrably somewhere in between,) because the Defiant can actually tfire at ships off axis. This is well illustrated in "Paradise Lost" where the Defiant shoots at the Lakota, while flying at an odd angle. I think that many people tend to underesitmate how useful the cannons are.

DonKarnage

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 10:53:06 pm »
cool weapon, i will install them and use them on some of my fed ship.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 12:04:16 am »
Quote:

I think I see that your ship has no shuttlebay icon.?

IIRC, the Defiant had one shuttle.  

Yes the Defiant does have a shuttle. In fact if you want it you can D/L it at the SFC3 site.

-MP  

jimkirk

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 05:46:50 am »
W odpowiedzi na:

I installed the sound mod; now none of my sound effects work  

What kind of program you are using. With WinRar take a  Store compression type and in WinZIP or WinAce take the most lowered compression type. It will work. But first you will have to unzip entire file and Zip it again. I recommend you use WinRar: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar330.exe Download this program, install it and then proceed with my instructions.  

jimkirk

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2004, 05:50:52 am »
W odpowiedzi na:

Great job! The only thing I'd suggest is that the arc of the cannons should be about FH or FA (preferrably somewhere in between,) because the Defiant can actually tfire at ships off axis. This is well illustrated in "Paradise Lost" where the Defiant shoots at the Lakota, while flying at an odd angle. I think that many people tend to underesitmate how useful the cannons are.  

Mariner thanks Yes I am aware of it but due to the weapons power I have been using MRL arc (taken from Mauler it is narrow even in comparison with the FA arc). It's great fun while playing because you need to target it.      
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 06:02:45 am by jimkirk »

jimkirk

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 05:58:56 am »
No Dizzy the ship which is being chased by the Defiant is a Maquis Rider. They doesn't have shuttlebay due to their size
I take it for sure   As for the Defiant it's UI is above and it has shuttlebay icon and ESG Lance weapon ekhmmm I mean pulse phaser arrays. BTW the only disadvantage of such solution is that pulse phasers' range is limited to 6.99... Sorry this is the weapon for small ships. But I like it better than fusion beam converted to pulse phasers. I was always annoyed with that solution cause enemy ships have beeen always using suicide mod and they were damaging themselfs.

Enjoy everyona and write here any questions you have got...    

jimkirk

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 02:33:28 pm »
bump