Topic: Another little update....  (Read 1018 times)

Thu11s

Another little update....
« on: June 12, 2004, 12:31:23 pm »
Lyran Cheetah Frigate:

Should be up tomorrow, just a break model and build the page and she's away, although the miss's is threatening to drag me round her Gran's somewhen....

Thu11s  

Klingon Fanatic

Re: Another little update....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 01:00:01 pm »
Awesome Thulls.  I've been looking forward to this one too!

Thanks for the update.

Best wishes,

KF

Chrystoff

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 02:02:37 pm »
WOW! The spots are a great touch...  

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 05:55:06 pm »
Is there any thought to moving the warps to make them less flat (which is more SFB btw)? Also, have you considered modifying the DN design to create a model for the lyran DND? I would assume that would take very little work.

Wolfsglen

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 06:00:35 pm »
Superb, i love the spots too, nice touch  

Thu11s

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 06:25:47 pm »
Quote:

Is there any thought to moving the warps to make them less flat (which is more SFB btw)?  

I have indeed tried that. I originally (way back at wip stage) had the Tiger CA layout more like the SFB style, but changed it to the current one as it looks less ungainly and somewhat sleeker, more in tune with the TMP era I'm aiming for

Quote:

Also, have you considered modifying the DN design to create a model for the lyran DND? I would assume that would take very little work.  

Funny you should mention that....  FIrstly though, I'm going to try and concentrate on the core ships and classes before moving onto the variants. I kinda went a bit mad doing all the Tiger variants when i really need to fill the other main classes first. Lots in the pipeline and hopefully get pretty much all the relevant versions done (ie, no point doing minesweeper specific versions...)

Thu11s  

Khalee

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 06:37:04 pm »
And then after the Lyrans you Finish up the Klingons and ISC right.

FireSoul

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 07:23:19 pm »
I think he's got a whole lot of Lyrans to go through for that.

Azel

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 07:25:03 pm »
Always a pleasure to see your stuff Thru11

olbuzzard

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 08:59:35 pm »
super job sir..  I like the design and the texturing both.  The spots are a nice touch !!

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2004, 09:44:51 pm »
like everyone else has said the spots really work i also like the positioning of the nacels the ship looks like a very mean Kat and i certainaly dont want to bump into it unless i have a Big ball of wool and a bag of catnip (shame you cant smell anything in space ) anyway keep up the fantastic work

E_Look

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 11:32:21 pm »
Just make sure it really IS Gran'ma and not the Big Bad Wolf.  No one's going to upload it the BBW gets to you.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2004, 12:11:05 am »
Yeah, the textures are "spot" on, man!
I'm really, really glad to hear that you're planning on stepping up the main hull-class production. I've been looking forward to a complete set of this design since I saw the very first one. Thanks a whole bunch.