Topic: Red Alert!!  (Read 1200 times)

nx_adam_1701

Red Alert!!
« on: June 12, 2004, 09:27:28 pm »
Is there anyway to get more than one red alerts for the federation SFC2OP, I mean I love the old style one, its good for constitutions, constellations, galaxies, nebulas, etc..., but the defiant I like too, and the voyager, and sovereign, i want to have my cake and eat it too, anyways you think i can pull this off

adam out

Re: Red Alert!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 01:33:30 am »
   I don't believe there is Adam.I would have to say that it is hard coded in the game disk.It is like Audio cd you would have to record over top of it.That is something you wouldn't want to do the only way is unless you were going on a server eg. D2 or D3 then yes you possibly can do it but you need to know basic programming to do this.There is all sort of parameters to making up a server.The races.map economy ship and fighter list release dates.The same way you play in a single player campaign.There is no way you can change it and what is wrong with the voice over in SFC3 Jennifer Hale does a great jop for the Federation she did the voice over for the Orion Pirate Cartel as well.I hope this helps you out Adam.What exactly are you trying to do with your game and are making out of it.It seems like a lot of work.  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 01:35:35 am by Age »

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 01:59:11 am »
Thanks Age for the info, and as for your question, im working on a TNG mod, it would be nice to have certain red alerts on certain ships, like in bridge commander, but I guess I will improvise, I believe the voices can me altered, correct me if im wrong, but you can copy and add lines, only thing is itll select and play a random wave file lol,, but its worth a try, ill just alter the female voice saying red alert and deactivate the red alert klaxon in the game

adam out

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 05:40:42 am »
Quote:

Thanks Age for the info, and as for your question, im working on a TNG mod, it would be nice to have certain red alerts on certain ships, like in bridge commander, but I guess I will improvise, I believe the voices can me altered, correct me if im wrong, but you can copy and add lines, only thing is itll select and play a random wave file lol,, but its worth a try, ill just alter the female voice saying red alert and deactivate the red alert klaxon in the game

adam out  

There is a TNG style Red alert from [best guess} a DS9 episode or possibly BC that I have that I really want to put into SFC:OP and SFC3 but I can't get the compression thingy to work for me again. I did get it to work once and forgot to back up the sound files when OP had an earlier patch *DOH!*

However, if you e-mail me I'll send you what I have and I'll get a copy to the SFC3 folks who did that sound mod for SFC3 with SFC1 music.

KF

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 06:05:35 am »
UPDATE: I sent a copy of the TNG "Defiant" Red Alert Wave file to Chris Jone and Pestalence. Dark Matrix is over his hotmail storage limit, LOL! Somebody will have it converted.

KF

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 03:34:41 pm »
Thanks I have the defiant's red alert, I got the sovereigns, the intrepids, the one used in DS9, runabouts, the constitutions I also got the one used in the USS Odyssey, and the Enterprise Refit, in Generations,  the enterprise B, wow I have alot of red alert klaxon, as well as evacuation klaxons, and the intruder alert on vaoyager, hmmm, yes and the galaxy class warp core breach, saucer seperation klaxon, i have qwuite a collection, i wish i could implemement them in sfc2op, but the sounds are so limited, you cant really do anything, but paste and copy, i wish i could, it would be nice to have the old tmp vessels, with the nebula and galaxy red alerts, and the rest as it should be, alittle variety, but i think ill just go with plan B lol

adam out

thanks

nx_adam_1701

Red Alert!!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 09:27:28 pm »
Is there anyway to get more than one red alerts for the federation SFC2OP, I mean I love the old style one, its good for constitutions, constellations, galaxies, nebulas, etc..., but the defiant I like too, and the voyager, and sovereign, i want to have my cake and eat it too, anyways you think i can pull this off

adam out

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 01:33:30 am »
   I don't believe there is Adam.I would have to say that it is hard coded in the game disk.It is like Audio cd you would have to record over top of it.That is something you wouldn't want to do the only way is unless you were going on a server eg. D2 or D3 then yes you possibly can do it but you need to know basic programming to do this.There is all sort of parameters to making up a server.The races.map economy ship and fighter list release dates.The same way you play in a single player campaign.There is no way you can change it and what is wrong with the voice over in SFC3 Jennifer Hale does a great jop for the Federation she did the voice over for the Orion Pirate Cartel as well.I hope this helps you out Adam.What exactly are you trying to do with your game and are making out of it.It seems like a lot of work.  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 01:35:35 am by Age »

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 01:59:11 am »

adam out

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 05:40:42 am »
Quote:

adam out  

There is a TNG style Red alert from [best guess} a DS9 episode or possibly BC that I have that I really want to put into SFC:OP and SFC3 but I can't get the compression thingy to work for me again. I did get it to work once and forgot to back up the sound files when OP had an earlier patch *DOH!*

However, if you e-mail me I'll send you what I have and I'll get a copy to the SFC3 folks who did that sound mod for SFC3 with SFC1 music.

KF

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 06:05:35 am »
UPDATE: I sent a copy of the TNG "Defiant" Red Alert Wave file to Chris Jone and Pestalence. Dark Matrix is over his hotmail storage limit, LOL! Somebody will have it converted.

KF

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 03:34:41 pm »
Thanks I have the defiant's red alert, I got the sovereigns, the intrepids, the one used in DS9, runabouts, the constitutions I also got the one used in the USS Odyssey, and the Enterprise Refit, in Generations,  the enterprise B, wow I have alot of red alert klaxon, as well as evacuation klaxons, and the intruder alert on vaoyager, hmmm, yes and the galaxy class warp core breach, saucer seperation klaxon, i have qwuite a collection, i wish i could implemement them in sfc2op, but the sounds are so limited, you cant really do anything, but paste and copy, i wish i could, it would be nice to have the old tmp vessels, with the nebula and galaxy red alerts, and the rest as it should be, alittle variety, but i think ill just go with plan B lol

adam out

thanks