Topic: Command line arguments for SFC3.exe  (Read 974 times)

FPF_TraceyG

Command line arguments for SFC3.exe
« on: June 16, 2004, 06:16:09 am »
Does SFC3.exe have any command line arguments, in particular executing the game taking you straight to single player or dynaverse? I'm assuming there must be some argiments in order for Gamespy to execute multiplayer.

DH123

Re: Command line arguments for SFC3.exe
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 08:32:53 am »
Quote:

Does SFC3.exe have any command line arguments, in particular executing the game taking you straight to single player or dynaverse? I'm assuming there must be some argiments in order for Gamespy to execute multiplayer.  

Hmmm, what about SFCOP.exe?  

Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?    

Bonk

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 09:34:13 am »
I thought of this quite some time ago, I dug and dug through the exe hex but could not determine what the command line parameters were, I know they are there... but are likely tied to gamespy in functionality (check gamespy for an API?)  

Strafer

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 10:08:25 am »
FireSoul and I had found 2. GSA related.

One was /host
The other was a pair with /somethingoranother followed by IPaddy of said host.

IIRC, we had changed the OP command line to a dumb batch file that echo'd $1 $2 $3 so we could see what was being passed to the EXE by GSA.

FPF_TraceyG

Command line arguments for SFC3.exe
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 06:16:09 am »

DH123

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 08:32:53 am »
Quote:

Hmmm, what about SFCOP.exe?  

Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?    

Bonk

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 09:34:13 am »
I thought of this quite some time ago, I dug and dug through the exe hex but could not determine what the command line parameters were, I know they are there... but are likely tied to gamespy in functionality (check gamespy for an API?)  

Strafer

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 10:08:25 am »
FireSoul and I had found 2. GSA related.

One was /host
The other was a pair with /somethingoranother followed by IPaddy of said host.

IIRC, we had changed the OP command line to a dumb batch file that echo'd $1 $2 $3 so we could see what was being passed to the EXE by GSA.