Topic: The dominion wars patch  (Read 1249 times)

Dave

The dominion wars patch
« on: June 16, 2004, 10:15:46 am »
I installed the patch and was disappointed when in place of the borg ships you can only use dominion ships.  Is there another patch that I would need to install to be the borg?  Does anyone have this information?  If so please email me at dhs11741@yahoo.com.  Thanks  

Re: The dominion wars patch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 11:59:19 am »
  You can always reinstall your game to get the Borg back.You go in add/remove programs and go into your C: and delete the game folder ans do this  .Then you would reinstall and patch up again that is all.We will not e-mail you the information the only way is to login here and become full participant in this forum if you don't want become a full participant that is fine.The only way you will get help for your game is if you log in here as we don't e-mail information.I hope you understand we are here to help everyone that is a board user.The only way you can get any help from his game in by coming into this forum.We simply don't have the time to specially e-mail information to anyone who doesn't want to take advantage of these forums.  

Sig is by Pestalence

Dave

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 12:44:50 pm »
how does one become a full member

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 01:10:25 pm »
  You already are a full member when you registered.That is the only way you could have made your posting by being a full member.Welcome to the forums Dave

Sig is by Pestalence  

The_Pelican

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 02:44:20 pm »
Quote:

I installed the patch and was disappointed when in place of the borg ships you can only use dominion ships.  Is there another patch that I would need to install to be the borg?  Does anyone have this information?  If so please email me at dhs11741@yahoo.com.  Thanks  

The Borg are only an AI race in the Dominion Wars Mod, there can only be 4 playable races, and it wouldn't be much of a Dominion Wars Mod without the Dominion. As the Feds, Klinks & Roms are also part of the Dominion War (and also very popular races) - the Borg had to go. Not to mention the Borg have few ships available, are the worst race to balance, and draw less than half the number of players than the other 3 races do. They had to go. If you ask me, they should never have been in the game in the first place.

MarianoDT

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 04:11:42 pm »
Maybe Pelican can confirm this (since I haven't installed the latest DW yet   ) but, Dave,  you can play the Borg in Skirmishes using the Skirmish batch file in your main SFC3 folder (without uninstalling the MOD). Run this file and now you have all the ships available for skirmishes.
If you are going to do this you can also install SPAWN and FLEET PICK

Here is the Thread with the d/l links.

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=334385&Forum=CatSearch-2&Words=SPAWN&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=200&Old=6months&Main=331280&Search=true#Post334385

Hope this helps.

Mariano

Dave

The dominion wars patch
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 10:15:46 am »

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 11:59:19 am »
  You can always reinstall your game to get the Borg back.You go in add/remove programs and go into your C: and delete the game folder ans do this  .Then you would reinstall and patch up again that is all.We will not e-mail you the information the only way is to login here and become full participant in this forum if you don't want become a full participant that is fine.The only way you will get help for your game is if you log in here as we don't e-mail information.I hope you understand we are here to help everyone that is a board user.The only way you can get any help from his game in by coming into this forum.We simply don't have the time to specially e-mail information to anyone who doesn't want to take advantage of these forums.  

Sig is by Pestalence

Dave

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 12:44:50 pm »
how does one become a full member

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 01:10:25 pm »
  You already are a full member when you registered.That is the only way you could have made your posting by being a full member.Welcome to the forums Dave

Sig is by Pestalence  

The_Pelican

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 02:44:20 pm »
Quote:

The Borg are only an AI race in the Dominion Wars Mod, there can only be 4 playable races, and it wouldn't be much of a Dominion Wars Mod without the Dominion. As the Feds, Klinks & Roms are also part of the Dominion War (and also very popular races) - the Borg had to go. Not to mention the Borg have few ships available, are the worst race to balance, and draw less than half the number of players than the other 3 races do. They had to go. If you ask me, they should never have been in the game in the first place.

MarianoDT

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2004, 04:11:42 pm »
Maybe Pelican can confirm this (since I haven't installed the latest DW yet   ) but, Dave,  you can play the Borg in Skirmishes using the Skirmish batch file in your main SFC3 folder (without uninstalling the MOD). Run this file and now you have all the ships available for skirmishes.
If you are going to do this you can also install SPAWN and FLEET PICK

Here is the Thread with the d/l links.

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=334385&Forum=CatSearch-2&Words=SPAWN&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=200&Old=6months&Main=331280&Search=true#Post334385

Hope this helps.

Mariano