Topic: slow page  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
slow page
« on: June 25, 2004, 11:22:58 am »
 ???

why does the page is so slow to load?, is it the speed of the server where this forum is posted?

Offline Fluf

• KOTH Fluf Duke of Pies
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Always at fault
    • Knights of the Hegemony
Re: slow page
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 02:14:13 pm »
We are having some problems with the server that the forums are hosted on.  Things will be fixed later tonight.  Until then everyone please be patient.  Also the forums were in maintaince mode to fix some things.
Patriarch Knights of the Hegemony
SFC2.net Admin
SFC3.net Admin
Battlezone Admin
Litterbox Admin

UnityTeam

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 02:22:06 pm »
3 meg cable here and it virtually stopped my system.

It's not the software. It's the server itself. Not enough bandwidth or equipment to handle this load of SMF. Takes huge amounts of bandwidth and hardware to pull this much information with this format, .jpg's, icons -- everything.

In the past, there have been similar issues at BattleClinic when the database gets loadeed up.

I ain't trying to knock the effort here, which is a good thing. But the tons of ancient history will never load us on this system with this bandwidth and SMF.

<S>

kortez

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 02:26:23 pm »
We are in process of fixing the problem.  WT, the problem is NOT SMF.  We will have it resolved soon.  I appreciate all your patience everyone.  In a short time this will all be past.

Thank you,
Kortez

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 02:27:32 pm »
The problem has been traced to the MySQL server. It was causing abnormal page load times, and we have a temporary fix in place until later this evening when we can move to a different server.

It has nothing to do with bandwidth, server hardware, SMF or anything else other than the MySQL server.

Rest assured, we will have this situation resolved later.

UnityTeam

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 02:45:55 pm »
The problem has been traced to the MySQL server. It was causing abnormal page load times, and we have a temporary fix in place until later this evening when we can move to a different server.

It has nothing to do with bandwidth, server hardware, SMF or anything else other than the MySQL server.

Rest assured, we will have this situation resolved later.

Oh, noooo!!! Not MY_SQL again? j/k

Anyone got a spare flat file .sds handy?  ;D

Good luck, guys.