Topic: SFC on netbooks  (Read 1723 times)

yochenhsieh

SFC on netbooks
« on: November 13, 2009, 06:43:35 am »
I just read a thread on filefront about playing SFC on netbooks. Unfortunately the thread author have a pirated XP. So I would like to provide my experience here.

When discussing about netbooks, actually most of them share same hardware specs. Since the VGA is most important part of playing games, I will make a simple classification below:
1)Most netbooks you can find on the market, have Intel Integrate Graphic chipsets(915 or 945).
2)As far as I know, few of them have nVidia VGA inside, e.g. Asus n10j(nVidia 9300), HP 311(nVidia "ION").
3)I own a HP 2133 which has a VIA Chrome9 IGP.

When it comes to the HP 2133 series, many will argue that the VIA C7-M processor and IGP lack proformance for a modern machine. However, I can play SFC1/2/OP/3 on it just fine. I can even run gmax on it. But that's only my experience.

I think the netbooks which have nVidia should run games without problem. So if any one want to share your thoughts, feel free to reply.:)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Re: SFC on netbooks
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:51:57 am »
It's an old game, probably runs on nearly anything.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Timelessblur

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: SFC on netbooks
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:02:47 am »
Exactly SFC is an old game.  Hell SFC3 ran great on an old 1 Ghz AMD computer from 2000 and that was considered a good host computer back in the day.  Most netbooks are by far more powerful a computer 9 years ago much less a middle of the road from back then.