Topic: Trying to get mods working with SFC:OP on Windows 7  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Messiah

• Lt. Junior Grade
Trying to get mods working with SFC:OP on Windows 7
« on: November 21, 2009, 09:41:19 pm »
Hey all, I just got really nostalgic for some SFC and thought I'd install it and try it out. But here's the problem.

I installed SFC OP
installed the Mod chooser
Installed Firesouls OPPLUS models
Installed Universe at War total Mod

But when I try to see the UAW Mods, the ships are the originals, not the TNG era ships. What's going on?

Windows 7 used, I know dynaverse won't work so I'm happy with the single player.

PS, is there any patch out there that'll let the game be played on a widescreen monitor?
----------
- Messiah

"Love keeps her in the air when she outta fall down;
"tells ya she's hurtin' before she keels; makes her a home."
- Malcom Reynolds; Serenity

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Trying to get mods working with SFC:OP on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:32:15 am »
UAW is Chris Jones Gaming Mod.I would suggest going over to his board asking there.

http://forum.chrisjonesgaming.net/

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: Trying to get mods working with SFC:OP on Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:51:56 pm »
The problem is that you have not set the Strat's Mod Chooser to run as administrator and you probably didn't set the game folder to accept all permissions.

Uninstall game, reinstall by frowsing the game CD and right clicking Setup.exe and selecting Run as Administrator.. say no to GSA and Direct X.

Find the game filder Starfleet Command Orion Pirates and rigfht click on it, select Properties, uncheck Read Only and click Apply.. make sure that in the new pop up window All files and Folders is marked and click OK.. then click on Secruity tab.. then click Edit button and put a check makr into Full Access for every user / system / listing availble and click OK.. this will remove the game from Virtualization (as well as launching game as Administrator).

You can then alternatively install my OP Enhancement Package which includes a ton of scripts as well as OP + v4.0 and Mod Chooser.. you install this by running the file as administrator.. if you want to do the simple install, make sure to patch the game, run Mod Chooser, then run OP + v4.0, launch Mod Chooser to recognize it, then install Chris Jones Mod, then launch Mod Chooser again..

but make sure that each install is done as Administrator and every EXE you launch for SFC OP or Mod Chooser is run as administrator..

Also Chris Jones Mod includes Scripts as well.. I recommend backing up your scripts folder before installing.

and when you launch the game, create your own shortcut that points to StarfleetOP.exe.. the one the game installs points to SfcOP.exe and that game file has been bugged since launch and never updated..

"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team