Topic: SFC 1 patch and install instructions.. Patch revamped for XP.  (Read 24866 times)

Offline kiloton

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: SFC 1 patch and install instructions.. Patch revamped for XP.
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2004, 07:01:34 am »
Excellent.  I will see what I can do.  I understand covering the bases.  I also am not one for altering game content but since this was just plain broken and never finished to begin with, I am making an exception.  As for what I am trying to do, it is to make as few alterations as possible to get them to work as designed (based on what I can see in the source files).

This is the Hydran campaign, which consists of 11 missions.  It was available for download and in the SFC1 Gold edition (along with a Gorn campaign).

I started the campaign last night and am up to mission 4.  The critical mission is mission 6a (two parter) and I should get there tonight.  I suspect I still have some work to do as the victory condition/mission passed code lookes FUBAR to me so I am not sure it will let me move on to mission 6b.

Ken

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2004, 11:10:49 am »
I installed SFC-Gold and the 1.021-1.03 patch listed above.  The install didn't give me an option to change the install directory.  How do I fix the registry keys manually?
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 12:09:01 pm »
What registry Keys?Please be specific Pestalence  check in but not on a regular basis.He is busy with some other Projects at the moment as well not to mention RL.I not sure about registry key as mine doesn't have them if it is like cd key.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 12:19:53 pm by Age »

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2004, 01:43:31 pm »
I have no idea.  Pestalence mentioned above to change the install directory from C\Program Files\14 East\Starfleet Command - Gold to C\Program Files\14 East\Starfleet Command or the registry keys would be messed up.  There was no option to do so on the install of my edition of SFC (1.021).  I'm getting lag on weapons fire and such and I'd like to fix it.
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2004, 07:27:19 pm »
Please reread no.4 agian and this is if you have the Gold edition. I hope this helps.When his sigs are up it means that he will be in here more frequently but for now he is not.Please save the instructions or print them out.

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 12:02:44 am »
I did read it, my disc gave me no option to change the default install directory.  On the other hand, I think I have a non-gold copy around here somewhere.  If I can find it, I'll install that instead.

Offline Brinae

• Ensign
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2004, 11:23:36 am »
I can't install sfc1, i get this error message: sunmals_ip_ebp_20 not found in the dynamique liaison of the library kernell32.dll can anyone help me with this please so I can play on Win Xp Pro

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2004, 12:54:51 pm »
How did you try installing this throught your D:drive or add/remove programs in the control panel?

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2004, 09:14:26 am »
I can't install sfc1, i get this error message: sunmals_ip_ebp_20 not found in the dynamique liaison of the library kernell32.dll can anyone help me with this please so I can play on Win Xp Pro

This sounds as if your Windows XP is corrupt in some way.. you may either need to do a XP repair if you have a store bought copy of the Operating system or you may need to reinstall windows XP all together or you may need to DL and install the full network install of Windows XP Service pack 2 (266 MB) to correct this error.. and make sure you have all the windows updates after the pack is installed.

Other than that I can not for the life of me think what would be the problem unless you are having a IRQ or driver conflict within your system... anyhow.. we can cover that later.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2004, 09:18:17 am »
I installed SFC-Gold and the 1.021-1.03 patch listed above.  The install didn't give me an option to change the install directory.  How do I fix the registry keys manually?

When installing, the CD will state in a text box "C:\Program Files\14 East\Starfleet Command - Gold Edition" for the install path.. Just click in this text box and erase "- Gold Edition"... that is all that is needed to be done.

"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Brinae

• Ensign
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2004, 08:55:34 pm »

This sounds as if your Windows XP is corrupt in some way.. you may either need to do a XP repair if you have a store bought copy of the Operating system or you may need to reinstall windows XP all together or you may need to DL and install the full network install of Windows XP Service pack 2 (266 MB) to correct this error.. and make sure you have all the windows updates after the pack is installed.

Other than that I can not for the life of me think what would be the problem unless you are having a IRQ or driver conflict within your system... anyhow.. we can cover that later.

My version of Xp PRO is up to date will all patches to include now SP2. I wouldnt think its corrupt being I get the same error on all 3 systems I have running at the moment. Even with SP2 installed I get the same answer. I read somewhere something about most people cant get it to work on XP because it was a Win 98 game or something and its looking for a file from that OS. Cant remember where I read that though. It sucks though I have this and cant play it.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2004, 01:43:19 pm »
    I believe most are running like my self XP home edition you may want to stick it in compatility mode 98/2000.You need to go to your SFC1 icon in your 14 degrees east folder and open it.Then you need to look for the SFC1 icon and right click and look for compatility mode stick Win98/2000 and click ok then close.Then you are ready to go.I hope this helps if not then possibly you didn't follow all the instructions yuo may want to repeat it.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2004, 12:23:40 pm »
  The EFF site is back up and ready for DLs.Please use getright while dls this and save your downloads to a separate folder as your download folder.This way you won't have to download it agian at a later date getright work good for this.

www.getright.com
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 12:37:18 pm by Age »

Offline calranthe

• Ensign
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2004, 06:07:58 am »
Hello, is this patch still available ?
The link doesn't seem to work.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2004, 06:45:23 am »
   Yes this patch is still available it is just the site is down at the moment.The site is hosted from Florida and with all the hurricanes it is hard to keep up.When you see my sig up which the site it is hosted on then the link is active.  I hope you enjoy.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2004, 05:11:20 pm »
  I hope with your sigs being up means you are ready to come back and Yes to that.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2004, 02:11:19 pm »
Is there anywere else to get the patch?

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2004, 02:47:55 pm »
  No it is not mirrored anywhere.sorry

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2005, 04:16:12 pm »
bump

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2005, 04:31:40 pm »
I'm going to go ahead and Sticky this again. Very good Info here regarding the first game. we will see If It needs to stay, But I think we can all appreciate the work Pesty done.

stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War