Topic: SFC3 CD Check Bypass  (Read 23573 times)

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
Re: SFC3 CD Check Bypass
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2004, 01:57:02 pm »
This cures one of the main reasons I tend not to play SFC III...

I'm just too lazy to put the disk in the drive...

Now all we need is an official (Activision-approved) patch...

I highly doubt that Activision will ever release an official patch. With the way they have acted it is almost as if they don't want to see a patch at all and we only have the beta patch(es) because of Taldrens fighting to get them released.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline AdmWaterTiger-11thFleet-

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 02:03:57 pm »
This is in no way intended to be an authorization
to make illegal copies of any software.  This will simply allow
you to play a legal copy of SFC3 without having to insert
your CD first.

In the sfc.ini:

In the [UI] section

add
MakeItSo=1

Save the sfc.ini and close it.

Start SFC3 version 531 or above.

Dave

Dave,

When used on the Dyna, we found through log checks and player tracking this tool locked up shipyards for some reason.

You are the expert here, but I left this to Pestilance to explain and he seemed not to support this.

I am very confused now.

<S>

WaterTiger
http://www.spartanvanguard.com/
http://www.stcd.sgnonline.com/users/trimodyards/

KoraH: "Remember my advice to you Wade, that you should drop SFC ...  you will find that all you have to put up with to do so is going to sour the sweetness of your hard work."

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2004, 02:06:55 pm »
And whomever has smitten Dave Ferrell, you are sick. Seek help. ;D

<S>

WaterTiger

KoraH: "Remember my advice to you Wade, that you should drop SFC ...  you will find that all you have to put up with to do so is going to sour the sweetness of your hard work."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2004, 02:36:28 pm »
And whomever has smitten Dave Ferrell, you are sick. Seek help. ;D

<S>

WaterTiger

I Agree 100% with that. Dave is the Man.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline The Pelican

• DomWars Creator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Dominion Wars
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2004, 02:59:08 pm »
This is in no way intended to be an authorization
to make illegal copies of any software.  This will simply allow
you to play a legal copy of SFC3 without having to insert
your CD first.

In the sfc.ini:

In the [UI] section

add
MakeItSo=1

Save the sfc.ini and close it.

Start SFC3 version 531 or above.

Dave

Dave,

When used on the Dyna, we found through log checks and player tracking this tool locked up shipyards for some reason.

You are the expert here, but I left this to Pestilance to explain and he seemed not to support this.

I am very confused now.

<S>

WaterTiger

That was the NO CD Patch, which altered the executable, this simply tells the game not to check that the CD is in the drive, it STILL requires you to have a valid CD Key. Therefore, there shouldn't be any problems on the D3. Besides, the way your LoadOut file was setup last campaign, ANYTHING could have crashed it............

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2004, 03:57:53 pm »
So what is the difference between the NoCd thingy and this thingy?

NDF also has problems with one of these thingys on the Dyna.

Please, can a rocket scientist like Pestilance explain this?

<S>

WaterTiger

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2004, 04:00:30 pm »
NoCD Crack changes the game EXE so that it doesnt require a CDKEY.
This .ini change merley stops the game from looking for the CD. But Still requires a Key.

Its that simple.

Offline The Pelican

• DomWars Creator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Dominion Wars
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2004, 04:17:25 pm »
NDF also made a mistake in their LoadOut file as well, once they fixed it, they didn't have any problems.

If the problem persists AFTER you've fixed the LoadOut file, then it may be causing a problem, but LoadOut errors are KNOWN to lock up the shipyard, it has yet to be proven that the No CD crack actually locks up the shipyard, because it has not yet caused a problem on a server with no LoadOut problems.

The NO CD crack is unlikely to cause a problem, as the CD Key is stored in the registry, and is still required for logging onto the server (it wouldn't let you on with a duplicate CD Key).

You can block NO CD Cracked versions by putting the correct SFC3.exe into your Validated Clients Folder (only the first one!!)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2004, 05:19:58 pm »
So what is the difference between the NoCd thingy and this thingy?

NDF also has problems with one of these thingys on the Dyna.

Please, can a rocket scientist like Pestilance explain this?

<S>

WaterTiger
It is Pestalence.a instead of i

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2004, 05:38:06 pm »
I refer only to what Pestalence has said:

=======

Victor 1st, Water Tiger

I want to thank you both for your efforts in the No-CD Crack.

In the case of Star Trek : Starfleet Command III, you must modify and/or reverse engineer the game's exe file in order to eliminate the CD check.

as such, in the C:\Program Files\Activision\SFC3\Docs\License.rtf file (otherwise known as the End User License Agreement or EULA for short), it states :

LICENSE CONDITIONS
You agree not to:
? Exploit the Program or any of its parts commercially, including but not limited to use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site. Activision may offer a separate Site License Agreement to permit you to make the Program available for commercial use; see the contact information below.
? Sell, rent, lease, license, distribute or otherwise transfer this Program, or any copies of this Program, without the express prior written consent of Activision.
? Use the Program, or permit use of the Program, in a network, multi-user arrangement or remote access arrangement, including any on-line use, except as otherwise specifically provided by the Program.
? Use the Program, or permit use of the Program, on more than one computer, computer terminal, or workstation at the same time.
? Make copies of the Program or any part thereof, except for back up or archival purposes, or make copies of the materials accompanying the Program.
? Copy the Program onto a hard drive or other storage device; you must run the Program from the included CD-ROM (although the Program itself may automatically copy a portion of the Program onto your hard drive during installation in order to run more efficiently).
? Reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, decompile, or disassemble the Program, in whole or in part.
? Remove, disable or circumvent any proprietary notices or labels contained on or within the Program.
? Export or re-export the Program or any copy or adaptation thereof in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.

OWNERSHIP: All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Program and any and all copies thereof are owned by Activision or its licensors. The Program is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international copyright treaties and conventions and other laws. The Program contains certain licensed materials and Activision?s licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement. You agree not to remove, disable or circumvent any proprietary notices or labels contained on or within the Program.

Again, I want to thank you for taking action to notify your communities that using a No CD fix on SFC III is Illegal.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2004, 05:43:29 pm »
Oh jeeze.

things have changed since then WT. C'mon Man, Your a good Guy, Let's Just drop the old fueds. Please?

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Elvis

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2004, 05:51:59 pm »
This isn't a crack. It is a feature.(Once hidden, now revealed.) :D

By the way is my pink cadillac still there....

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2004, 11:01:17 pm »
Oh jeeze.

things have changed since then WT. C'mon Man, Your a good Guy, Let's Just drop the old fueds. Please?

Stephen

Ain't no fued SirGod; Pesty made this post two weeks ago.

I honestly just wanted clarification ... don't want to make any mistakes.

<S>

WaterTiger

P.S. Elvis, your Cadillac has been towed -- Call 1-800-Tow-us-home

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2004, 11:06:20 pm »
OK , My bad WT. I thought this was Carried over from months ago. Once again, My Bad.

Stephen the bad.

Offline interloper

• DAZED AND CONFUSED, SNAFU
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • mines are loaded and the motor is redlined
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2004, 12:29:22 pm »
just my 2 cents worth..... THANKS DAVE!!!!! ::)
Remembering U of I #40, Always in our hearts and minds
"don't think you understand what I told you until I tell you what you understand! Do you understand what I am saying?"
OF ALL THINGS LOST I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.......    ?

"What is the vector victor?"
"Rodger, roger."
"I picked a helluva day to quit drinking"

ITS ALL MIND OVER MATTER, IF YOU DON'T MIND IT DON'T MATTER

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2004, 07:04:41 am »
I refer only to what Pestalence has said:

=======

Victor 1st, Water Tiger

I want to thank you both for your efforts in the No-CD Crack.

In the case of Star Trek : Starfleet Command III, you must modify and/or reverse engineer the game's exe file in order to eliminate the CD check.

as such, in the C:\Program Files\Activision\SFC3\Docs\License.rtf file (otherwise known as the End User License Agreement or EULA for short), it states :

LICENSE CONDITIONS
You agree not to:
? Exploit the Program or any of its parts commercially, including but not limited to use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site. Activision may offer a separate Site License Agreement to permit you to make the Program available for commercial use; see the contact information below.
? Sell, rent, lease, license, distribute or otherwise transfer this Program, or any copies of this Program, without the express prior written consent of Activision.
? Use the Program, or permit use of the Program, in a network, multi-user arrangement or remote access arrangement, including any on-line use, except as otherwise specifically provided by the Program.
? Use the Program, or permit use of the Program, on more than one computer, computer terminal, or workstation at the same time.
? Make copies of the Program or any part thereof, except for back up or archival purposes, or make copies of the materials accompanying the Program.
? Copy the Program onto a hard drive or other storage device; you must run the Program from the included CD-ROM (although the Program itself may automatically copy a portion of the Program onto your hard drive during installation in order to run more efficiently).
? Reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, decompile, or disassemble the Program, in whole or in part.
? Remove, disable or circumvent any proprietary notices or labels contained on or within the Program.
? Export or re-export the Program or any copy or adaptation thereof in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.

OWNERSHIP: All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Program and any and all copies thereof are owned by Activision or its licensors. The Program is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international copyright treaties and conventions and other laws. The Program contains certain licensed materials and Activision?s licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement. You agree not to remove, disable or circumvent any proprietary notices or labels contained on or within the Program.

Again, I want to thank you for taking action to notify your communities that using a No CD fix on SFC III is Illegal.

WaterTiger,

To better explain how it works...

SFC 3 No CD Crack :

what this is :

It is an executable file that alters the game sfc3.exe file by eliminating the CD check and CD key. This is designed so that one can download SFC 3, install using a bogus CD key, then patch with v531, then crack the SFC3.exe and bypass the CD check and the CD key so that a server or GSA will not register the CD key and plock the player from joining the server (eliminates the CD Key CRC check vs email address or registered invalid CD keys). This method is illegal as it alters game code as originally written in the SFC3.exe game file, which by EULA is a non moddable game file.

No CD Tweak in the INI File :

that this is :

this is a tweak test entry that the game naturally uses in the SFC.ini file.. normally the SFC3.exe launches and has a call to the SFC.ini game file for MakeItSo=1, if the entry is not there or =0, then the game calls to the CD for the SFC3.ini and a .dat file to check for the MakeItSo=1 command, and once recieved, the SFC3.exe calls the CD Key into memory from the system registry, which is then used upon CRC check when entering the Dynaverse and GSA.. This is legal as the game EXE file is not being altered and because the SFC.ini file is a moddable game file (since it is altered to adjust screen resolution, sounds on and off, resolution of damage and illumination graphics, Shielding FX on and off, etc... the MakeItSo=1 command only eliminates the CD Drive check for the MakeitSo=1 command on the game CD itself, however the game EXE file is unaltered and works normally as it should in all aspects including CD Key validation upon Dynaverse and GSA log in.

In the ini tweak, the game exe file is not being altered thus preserving the CD Key check as built in to the SFC3.exe game file, where as the SFC 3 No CD Crack destroys both the CD and CD Key validation checks. This means that the SFC.ini file tweak is legal and the SFC3.exe no CD Crack file is illegal per EULA.

the SFC.ini tweak will not interfere with Dynaverse campaigns as the EXE file is operating correctly and is showing all checks to be performed and the Validation server has a proper CD key in which to register the client as logged in.

Hope that this helps.

Pestalence
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2004, 12:27:23 am »
One must ask, why do they give a rats ass about a no cd check, when theyve never given a rats ass about the community before... With their patching situation with SFC3, I doubt anyone will buy it... so who gives a damn?
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2004, 01:16:51 am »
One must ask, why do they give a rats ass about a no cd check, when theyve never given a rats ass about the community before... With their patching situation with SFC3, I doubt anyone will buy it... so who gives a damn?

Flyer, I can tell you by experiance and a lot of hard knocks, this type of communication with the "rocket scientists" earns you no respect or gets anything done.

Politically correct way to say this:

Pesty, sir ... Don't you think that the no CD check holds little relevance now that Taldren has left the SFC series? We know everyone is working hard to bring us the best product possible.

Try it that way.

<S>

WaterTiger

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2004, 01:56:48 am »
I think Pesty has done a fine job with SFC, as has David Ferril, and many others. It does matter, according to Activision, since they hold the trek license, at least for now, and they published 3. If this was 2, they wouldnt give a damn... then again, 2 doesnt need the CD in the first place. Acti published a very good ST game a while back, Elite Force, they even put out two patches. That were not needed. But for SFC, they screwed up over, so I feel we should say up yours... I'm tired of acti's BS... they are the reason my SFC3 CD has not been in my drive in over 8 months.
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer