Topic: Berman, Braga: STAR TREK XI to be New Prequel to Kirk and Feature Romulan War  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Dichotomous

• Is bad karma from bad people good?
  • Lt. Junior Grade
http://trekweb.com/articles/2004/07/08/40ee07cc1a12b.shtml
In his latest interview with the STAR TREK Communicator, STAR TREK producer Rick Berman elaborates on recent remarks about a "prequel" feature film in development. Berman for the first time says in the new article that the eleventh STAR TREK film will be a prequel set before the time of 'James T. Kirk', but that it will not be related to the fifth television series ENTERPRISE.

Berman's ENTERPRISE partner Brannon Braga let even more loose when discussing the fourth season of the show, according to an excerpt published at TrekToday.

"It's certainly one of the things that we've been discussing," Braga said when asked about future Romulan involvement in the prequel series. "But there's also a prequel feature in development regarding the Romulan Wars, so we might have to stay away from that."

Braga also reportedly says that the series' temporal cold war storyline may come to an end in the beginning of the new season.

"One thing we're discussing is possibly blowing the lid off the Temporal Cold War once and for all," according to the excerpts. "That's probably something we'll do in this first storyline. I can't say that for sure, because we're just getting into it. But I'd really like to resolve that and put a cap on it. It would be a nice thing to do after three seasons of teasing it along."

Apparently he also says that major "intersterllar events" that lead to the founding of the Federation may take place this year, and hinted at something involving the famed Eugenics Wars.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
The Eugenics Wars...

Won't this be about 100 years to late for that? I thought that the Eugenics wars were supposed to be taking place in the 1970's through the 1990's during the Trek timeline?
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Inquiry

• DERP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Ah, but they changed all of that in Voyager with the 29th Century technology.

Here's an easy cop out: Earth focuses more on computer technology rather than biotech after this, and as a result the whole Eugenics War was delayed.

As for making a movie with no established Trek characters, I can't say I like the idea at the moment. I wish they would just make it after Enterprise concludes and use their cast in the movie.

In the meanwhile, are they ever going to let us know what happened to the Voyager crew? It still burns me up that they ended right after getting home instead of getting home in the second to last episode, and then spending the two-hour finale on the aftermath. But I digress..

I came here to ask a question.
-Inquiry