Topic: When Kangaroos go bad.  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
When Kangaroos go bad.
« on: July 11, 2004, 11:28:34 am »
Starving kangaroos attacking people and pets

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) - City residents were warned Wednesday not to mess with starving kangaroos bounding through the Australian capital in search of food, following reports that the desperate marsupials were attacking people and even pet dogs.

Wildlife authorities said the usually harmless, grass-eating Eastern Gray kangaroos are being driven by hunger from the drought-stricken countryside around Canberra, into the city of 320,000, where the town water supply has kept conditions greener.

The Australian Capital Territory Environment Department warned residents to beware after a woman was attacked by a kangaroo while walking her poodle in a city park last week and another woman reported a kangaroo had drowned her golden retriever in a pond and seriously injured another two dogs in an unprovoked attack.

The dogs had been swimming when a large kangaroo appeared on the bank and entered the water, according to owner Christine Canham. The kangaroo "held her under the water with its back legs and drowned her as we watched helpless," Canham wrote in a letter to the editor of the Canberra Times published last week.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline interloper

• DAZED AND CONFUSED, SNAFU
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • mines are loaded and the motor is redlined
Re: When Kangaroos go bad.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 12:35:44 pm »
brings to mind the looney tunes cartoon of the kangaroo in boxing gloves    ::)
Remembering U of I #40, Always in our hearts and minds
"don't think you understand what I told you until I tell you what you understand! Do you understand what I am saying?"
OF ALL THINGS LOST I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.......    ?

"What is the vector victor?"
"Rodger, roger."
"I picked a helluva day to quit drinking"

ITS ALL MIND OVER MATTER, IF YOU DON'T MIND IT DON'T MATTER

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 02:12:43 pm »
The Dingo ate your Baby.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Ravok

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 02:42:27 pm »
The Dingo ate your Baby.
  :lol: Good on ya Mate!! ;)
 Starving or not if the cranky SOB tried to drowned one of my dogs. He would get a quick lesson in opposable thumbs and there many uses. And one heck of a fight. :)