Topic: Everyone chill out, please  (Read 758 times)

Offline F9thRyker

• Pimp
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • If it has a pulse, does it have a phone number...?
    • http://www.9thfleet.com
Everyone chill out, please
« on: July 19, 2004, 02:43:42 pm »
*Originally posted by IKSKilogg:
you guys did an awesome job on those ships...when i pull up the mod viewer and compare the old with the new...there is a distinct difference between the 2, that you notice. QUALITY and craftsmanship. Cant wait to see them in game...putting them into Islandwars defiantely. I know Pelican will use them in Dom Wars..and Unity will use them to. We all appreciate your hard work...it only improves the game play for us.

Guys, we all need to calm down a little here I think.

The above quote was Kilogg's initial statement.

He was stating his appreciation for your work. All that had to be said, at that point, is that it would be nice to ask for permission before use. Instead of this knee-jerk response.

The mods for SFC3 are, really, the only things which are keeping this game alive. New ships are (usually) integral to those mods, and I know of no-one which doesnt appreciate the work of the model makers and texturers.

It stands to reason that, sometimes, there will be a breakdown of communication somewhere along the chain. This is a minor communication problem, not something so terrible as to warrant public slanging matches, or knee-jerk closures of entire websites.

Without the mods to the game, these ships wouldnt be appreciated in such a widespread manner, and we'd all be denied the fruits of many a modeler's long hours of labor.

I am telling you now- both parties- please stop flying off the handle.

If there's an issue as to permission, then fine- it should be handled IN PRIVATE. Also, completely stopping all downloads at TrekMods.com as a knee-jerk reaction to a single miscommunication is childish, and will not exactly improve the image of the site, rather the opposite.

Also, I have been told that some of the models in question are ALREADY in use on some mods- Unity, Dominion Wars, Litterbox, as well as some others. I can see no investigation into this being performed, just a (rather childish) retaliatory action against a single person, who initially came to you IN APPRECIATION!!

If this is a big situation, you should be praising the messenger, not shooting him...  :o

Ive been working with Kilogg for a while (in a gameplay sense), I have had my disagreements in the past- hell knows what Ive said about him before. However, I did keep it in private, and I did resolve those issues with him face to face, by actually TALKING to the parties involved, and it helped dramaticially.

I am offering the use of my Ready Room on the TeamSpeak system I use, to help resolve this issue. The TS address is here:

central.tmspk.com:9238   [server password is 'sfc']

The channel is 9th Fleet Headquarters, and the subchannel is "Rykers Ready Room".

The minute that this turns from being a peaceful discussion to a slanging match, I will deal with it. I dont want my ready room to be turned to a flame pit  ;D

Im there now, and will be there for the next 5hours- from now (20.39hrs GMT) to 0200hrs GMT

Be there.

The four most powerful men in the galaxy:

The President of the United Federation of Planets...
The Chancellor of the Klingon Empire...The Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire...

...and the Captain of a Federation Starship...

Offline F9thRyker

• Pimp
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • If it has a pulse, does it have a phone number...?
    • http://www.9thfleet.com
Re: Everyone chill out, please
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 03:09:24 pm »
Bump. I have been able to convince/drag Kilogg into this TeamSpeak channel here, so that's one side willing to talk this situation over.

Anyone else?

central.tmspk.com:9238  (server pass is 'sfc')

First 10 people to visit get a free bucket of popcorn, and a glass of chill-out juice  8)

The four most powerful men in the galaxy:

The President of the United Federation of Planets...
The Chancellor of the Klingon Empire...The Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire...

...and the Captain of a Federation Starship...

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
Re: Everyone chill out, please
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 03:48:34 pm »
Guys, we all need to calm down a little here I think.

The above quote was Kilogg's initial statement.

Aaaaaargh everybody have been ignoring me since Taldren is down. I do not care about this from this moment :(
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)