Topic: EAW Mission: Grave of Thoughts -> no transport?  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
EAW Mission: Grave of Thoughts -> no transport?
« on: July 19, 2004, 12:27:09 am »
Gents, question on the EAW mission "Battle at the Grave of Thoughts"

Objective: Capture 3 ISC "re-education base stations, call for a transport, rescue prisoners.
2nd Objective: destroy ISC listening post to halt reinforcements

No matter how many ways I do it, no matter how many ISC ships go "pop": The summoned transport NEVER arrives.
I hail my listening post, click "Request transport", am told it's coming.....
but Nooooooooo......

The mission becomes unwinnable. Help?

Thanks, DM
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 12:52:20 am by Death_Merchant »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline Chris SI

• Gone again
  • Commander
Re: EAW Mission: Grave of Thoughts -> no transport?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 07:07:04 am »
That scenario is buggy, I have had the transport come, other times, they don't show.

Whenever I play a campaign, I usually just forfiet this mission.
Taldren poster known as FFZ

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 12:19:54 pm »
That scenario is buggy, I have had the transport come, other times, they don't show.

Whenever I play a campaign, I usually just forfiet this mission.

Wow, are you serious?

This is a mandatory mission in a single-player campaign in stock EAW: and it's bugged? Unplayable?

There is no workaround? This wasn't fixed in a subsequent patch?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 12:49:28 pm »
OK.. Here is what you can do...

find your Taldren folder in Program Files.. rename the folder to like Taldren 1

Reinstall Starfleet Command II

Do Not Patch

go into your new Taldren folder in Program files

go into Starfleet Command II

go into Assets

go into Scripts

Find Uni_7BattleGrave.scr

right click and select copy.

go into your Taldren 1 folder

go into Starfleet Command II

Go Into Assets

Go Into Scripts

right click and select Paste in an empty area

say yes to overwriting

Delete the New Taldren folder off your machine

Rename Taldren 1 folder back to Taldren

You just fixed your script.

This is part of the install instructions for the 2036 patch as that 1 mission got bugged up during the last patch.. sorry for the hassle, but the script in the out of box version is not bugged, which is how you fix it. Keep the script Uni_7BattleGrave.scr as a backup in a separate folder by using the copy command (not cut) then patch game, then replace the script back into your patched game..

Hope that this helps.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 12:54:06 pm »
Here is the install instructions as posted on the old taldren Forums and posted on my site at http://www.nightsoft.net/effhq/index2.html under the SFC II EAW button at the top

Please read the instructions carefully !!!!!

1. Uninstall Starfleet Command II Empires at War using the Add / Remove Programs file located in the Windows Control Panel.

2. Delete the Starfleet Command II game directory folder off your system.

3. Reinstall Starfleet Command II Empires at War. Commonly the install folder is C:\Program Files\Taldren\Starfleet Command II .

4. Make sure that your Direct X version is Direct X 9.0b. Earlier versions of Direct X is not compatible with Direct X 9.0b and will cause players to experience severe lag or even crash in multiplayer games. If you have Direct X 9.0b and installed an earlier version of Direct X 9.0b on to your system from a game disk of any type, it will cause Dorect X 9.0b to corrupt. You will need to reinstall Direct X 9.0b to correct this problem.

5. Make sure your video card drivers are up to date from the video card manufacturers web site. If you own a Geforce card, you must go to NVidia for driver updates. If you own a Radeon, you must go to ATI for driver updates. Never get updates from any other location unless you are on a laptop. If you own a laptop, please check with the manufacturer of your laptop for updated drivers.

6. Go to Windows Updates and get all available updates for your computer. New updates come out 2 times a month so checking every 2 weeks is recommended to maintain a healthy computer system.

7. If you are using Norton Utilities or Norton Anti-Virus, disable now to complete the next few steps. You can enable your Anti-Virus after the patching process is over.

8. Go into your Starfleet Command II\Assets\Scripts directory and find Uni_7BattleGrave.scr and right click, Select Copy, then find a place outside your Starfleet Command II game directory, right click and select Paste.

9. Download the patch below for your region.

Latest patch version is 2.0.3.6

US :

http://www.nightsoft.net/effhq/files/SFC2Patch2002-2036.exe

UK :

http://www.nightsoft.net/effhq/files/SFC2Patch2202-2036.exe

German :
(After installing this patch, your software is identical to the US 2.0.3.6 installation. This patch will change the German language version to English. Change the ASCII Character Set line in your sfc.ini from
ASCIICharacterSet=1
to
ASCIICharacterSet=0
if you want to use the Dynaverse.)

http://www.nightsoft.net/effhq/files/SFC2Patch2102-2036.exe

10. Double click the SFC II Patch file you just downloaded and it to install.

11. After patching, find the Uni_7BattleGrave.scr you pasted outside the Starfleet Command II game directory, right click and select Cut then go back inside your Starfleet Command II\Assets\Scripts directory, and right click, select Paste. Say YES to overwriting the file. This fixes a single player campaign scripting bug that was caused by accident in the 2036 patch.

12. Delete your desktop Starfleet Command II shortcut and go into your C:\Program Files\Taldren\Starfleet Command II game folder, right click on the Starfleet2.exe file and select Copy, then go to your desktop and select Paste Shortcut. This fixes a known game bug of missing shuttles and fighters when trying to play a mission. If you do not have a desktop shortcut, then use this method to create one that will allow your game to launch correctly.

13. That's it. You can turn your Anti-Virus back on and You're all set to play Starfleet Command II Empires at War. Enjoy and have fun.

Hope that this helps.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 08:11:34 pm by Pestalence »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline The Postman

• 1st Sgt, Bugler, Commander, L. A. Tifft Camp 15, SUVCW
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 12:58:20 pm »
You can do everything Pestalence said OR you can just go over to the download section and download a 183 kb zip file with the fix and much simpler directions.

Link: ht

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 01:10:45 pm »
Thanks guys!

I appreciate the help. I'll go through all the machinations to fix the fix ;)

Did I mention I hate PCs? Hate screwing with stuff to get it to work? Yeah, I must have ;)

I'd give all you jokers some of that "positive karma" stuff, but I can't even figure that out.....

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 12:16:55 am »
you need 50 posts my friend...

*psst*spam... *psst*
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer