Topic: How do you take planets in Dom Wars  (Read 1793 times)

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
How do you take planets in Dom Wars
« on: July 24, 2004, 12:27:35 pm »
I have been trying to capture some planets by attacking them without any luck. I have a BB, DN and CA and I get overwhelmed by the planet's defenses every time. Heck, I can't get past the ships, much less the defense platforms.

Can someone suggest a strategy or is this just set to impossible?

Thanks!

Offline The Pelican

• DomWars Creator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Dominion Wars
Re: How do you take planets in Dom Wars
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 12:35:28 pm »
You've got to take out those Platforms, you need to order your AI to attack the Platforms, while you distract the AI (they'll follow you as you are the player, still trying to stop that one mind). You don't actually have to fight the AI until you defeat the Platforms, you can just make them follow you.

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 01:05:58 pm »
Do I still have to take out the AI after the platforms fall? THe last time I attacked, I got hit with 5 or 6 ships! Do the defenses drop if I take down the defense values in the hex?

Offline IndyShark

• Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 11:11:43 am »
You've got to take out those Platforms, you need to order your AI to attack the Platforms, while you distract the AI (they'll follow you as you are the player, still trying to stop that one mind). You don't actually have to fight the AI until you defeat the Platforms, you can just make them follow you.

I tried your suggestion, and that didn't work too well. I was attacked by one cube, two spheres and an assault cruiser while my AI attacked the platforms. They were destroyed before they took out any of the platforms! I did a good job running away from the Borg ships! LOL