Topic: kitbash request-seraph was it you?  (Read 953 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
kitbash request-seraph was it you?
« on: July 20, 2004, 12:15:55 am »
someone amde a pleiades class  that was a bit  average looking, then someone dit a kitbash using p81/gafy parts but the nebula pod didn't match the rest of the ship. I have that, and one that does matcha nd no readmes in either, but I was wondering if whoever did this could make the awacs one as well (I  mean with 50+ excelcior variants already we might as well)...along with a centaur/centaur type-B using proper excelcior nacelles....

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: kitbash request-seraph was it you?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 03:34:28 am »
FOAS did do the ship, and he never puts readmes' in them for some reason, don't know why?
I did the retexture work on the pod and depending on the ship probably the engines as well.

I don't know for sure but I think FOAS also did the one with the B engines.

As for the AWACs' version if you have max it should be fairily easy to do, just cut away the top pod and save the file. take one of his with the AWACs and remove everything but the AWACs dome and merge them, with a little moving then a weld job you should be done.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 03:38:33 am »
yea I haven't had any luck really figuring out the cutting and welding..though I've  managed to streach a few ships into odd shapes in the process. One ship has the impulse engines turned into observation windows, while the B engines power the ship. (I think the one with the non-matching pod) and the one with the matching pod has the 4 engines...or the other way around...bah...I'll stick up some pix so we can get the exact credit sorted out sometime soon, it aint like I am going to have 50 excelciors finished tomarrow. Be nice...lol...but no.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 03:55:14 am »
Pics would definitily help.

But seriously select the polys with the area selection thing on side, the one where you click on a group and it select polies on the model. find the one forthe parts you want to keep and delete the rest. save that as a file, you will have to delete extra textures mapping as well or it will get in the way. You will have to do it twice one to get the AWACs sauser the other one to get the ship with out the pod. Open the ship one and select merge from the file list and select the AWACs pod you did earlier and say open/ok. this with get the pod and ship in the same model. Select the pod and move it around until you get it in the right spot, select the polies on the edges and weld them (if you have milkshape you can skip the weld if they are close enough it will do it for you). Save the file and then save it as a mod file and test it in the Taldren veiwer, adjust as needed.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 04:55:28 am »
I'm  not even sure where the selection tool is. I can do it if they come apart as   3ds files but has mod they are one piece, and I am fairly certain I tried exactly what you explained when someone tried to explain  kitbashed and I couldn't figure out how to work it. It's possible I could have been in the wrong mode or something, if I don't already know where the function is I wont even know where to look for  it...max has too much crap. Honestly an awacs version is not that big a deal,  If I can't get one I can't get one.