Topic: Original SFC 11th Fleet  (Read 43667 times)

Offline Wildcard

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Original SFC 11th Fleet
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2004, 02:41:42 am »
Well this is the fact Watertiger, It has really happened. But since it is you, You will gain the blame for this. And I might add some more NEGATIVE Karma. So we know that the real 11th has been around since 1996, this knockoff wannabe fleet has been around since lets say 2000 ish by their own admission. So I gave the second 11th the benifit of doubt and did the google search thing and what did pop up first on the list? The real 11th.

Oh well I just pray for a fast remedy so we dont see a real dyna war. I would hate to see people get ruined and the news on Fox fair and balanced.

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2004, 02:41:56 am »
One assumes that all references to the 11th Fleet are just a cheap knock off from the cartoon series Star Blazers in the seventies.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2004, 02:43:22 am »
All opinions stated in this post are that of SkyFlyer, and only SkyFlyer. These posts do not reflect the views or opinions of the 9th fleet. In all senses, in this thread, I am not a 9th fleet member. I am only a  bystander in this argument.
Quote from: WaterTiger
This is a slap in the face for proud 11thFleet pilots in the Spartan Vanguard.
So you are saying that the XIth are not proud? WT... you apparently do not know these guys.

Quote from: Wildcard
Well I happen to know the 11th Fleet has their name copyrighted. They have patent's and Copyright's on their whole name and website. I really feel sorry for the fake 11th when the real 11th which is a business organization comes knocking with their corporate lawyers.

Thats nice... but has anyone noticed that Sandman's fleet is the XIth Fleet Rangers... Not the 11th Fleet Spartan Vanguard.

And water tiger... When he searched in google, when he made the fleet, there was no report of an 11th fleet that played star trek games.

Not all things stay constant over a year and a half... And one of the things that dont stay constant are web searches.
11th and XIth are very different... as are Rangers and Spartan Vanguard.

Quote from: AdmArmor611thFleet
This is not about the name of a gaming clan being stolen in SFC3, this is about the raping of an identity of a community that has been in existance longer than half of you here are old.

Again, your name has not been stolen. Look directly above the quote. I don't think anyone here is raping your identity... If anyone is, it is yourselves in this petty argument.

Now I'm pretty sure that everyone here is over nine years old... And I'm also pretty sure that everyone here is offended by that comment. I know I am, considering you do not know who I am, how old I am, why I am here at these forums. Few people do.

Quote from: AdmArmor611thFleet
Yes, we have legal power, and we are in the process right now of speaking with our lawyers, who are quite frankly, on a leash at the moment.
You know... I don't think court allow animals into their sacred halls. Unless you are saying, metaphorically, that your lawyers are as stupid/ugly/etc as dogs, then my dear friend, I do not comprehend why these lawyers help you. I most certainly would not.

="AdmArmour611thFleet"]Do not let the proud name of a community that has been around for nearly 10 years be raped in public, in front of all of our eyes. This is an atrocity, a disgrace, and it must be stopped, one way or another.

Again, until now, most of these people (my friends), have not even heard of you. Perhaps proud in your own eyes, but so is Saddam Hussein in his own eyes. And I'm sure that no one here is watching a raping, because I sure as hell am not. And you are right on one point. This  argument is "... an atrocity, a disgrace, and it must be stopped, one way or another."

I must put forth the difference in name of XIth Fleet Rangers and 11th Fleet Vanguard. Who are the people you have played campaigns with... Who you have chatted with on TeamSpeak (and Roger Wilco for the older guys here ;) ), who you have even joked with. Please, stand on the side that is true and right...

Again, I must state that this post is by me alone. The 9th had nothing to do with this post. In this post I am not a member of the 9th. The 9th is not involved in this.

--SkyFlyer signing out... not F9thSkyFlyer... Just SkyFlyer. (for this thread only of course).
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline AdmWaterTiger-11thFleet-

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2004, 02:45:32 am »
Perhaps proud in your own eyes, but so is Saddam Hussein in his own eyes.

Excuse me? ::)

The 9thFleet is VERY involved in supporting this knock off fleet.

Have you seen Nanner's Website?

http://69.93.162.185/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=11th_forum

Go look at SFC3.net and the GAW site.

The sad part is the 11thFleet was talking tonight about joining the next GAW round and I spoke up for it and supported it.

Now this!

Nanner has a happy home for the 11th on the SFC3.net site. Isn't that cozy.

<S>

AdmwaterTiger-11thFleet-

http://www.spartanvanguard.com/
http://www.stcd.sgnonline.com/users/trimodyards/

KoraH: "Remember my advice to you Wade, that you should drop SFC ...  you will find that all you have to put up with to do so is going to sour the sweetness of your hard work."

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2004, 02:54:31 am »
Well this is the fact Watertiger, It has really happened. But since it is you, You will gain the blame for this. And I might add some more NEGATIVE Karma. So we know that the real 11th has been around since 1996, this knockoff wannabe fleet has been around since lets say 2000 ish by their own admission. So I gave the second 11th the benifit of doubt and did the google search thing and what did pop up first on the list? The real 11th.

Oh well I just pray for a fast remedy so we dont see a real dyna war. I would hate to see people get ruined and the news on Fox fair and balanced.

The rangers hane been around since SFC1....Round here..that makes them first...

You guys want to come in on the LAST game of a series and give an established fleet the boot?...just cuz you all decided to pick up the game now?

Yeah...THAT represents your fleet very well... ::)

Oh....and you'd better get those lawers going....I found at least 50 groups using "11th fleet" for various games...

As soon as you mention "Star trek" and copywrite they will throw you out of their office...

BTW...did you buy license to use Paramount's copywritten logo's on your website?

Did you pay for a license to use LCARS?....someone OWNS copywrite on that you know... :-\

Offline FPF-Jem

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2004, 02:56:47 am »
I think you guys have missed Sandman's point. After looking at your repective websites, I noticed that the Vanguard doesn't seem to have participated in any of the other SFC titles besides 3, that being the case, I'd think Sandman would have precedence in the SFC 1,2 and OP community and perhaps 3.

I'm sure he'd never dream of butting into your turf in Armada or Elite Force and setting up a competing 11th their when you clearly have the precedent in those arena's.

At any rate, I just wanted to put my nose in where it doesn't belong and isn't needed so I hope no one minds.  ;D
Capt. Jem

Offline Wildcard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2004, 02:57:17 am »
Oh No, I cant believe the reprocussions that are headed this way. Before you know it the Rangers will be on the 11th next, I was in the 2nd of the 75th for 2 years and never seen an 11th.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2004, 02:59:42 am »
BTW..."Dynaverse" IS a registerd trademark....Has been since SFC1.....and this site has permission to use it...THAT"S why the other site is named dyna-universe.....

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2004, 02:59:55 am »
Hang on KBF, the Bat phone from Iraq just buzzed.

I got Saddam on the horn -- 1 sec. He wants you to know we are NOT associated with the Republican Guard.

<S>

AdmWaterTiger-11thFleet-

KoraH: "Remember my advice to you Wade, that you should drop SFC ...  you will find that all you have to put up with to do so is going to sour the sweetness of your hard work."

Offline Wildcard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2004, 03:01:42 am »
I think you guys have missed Sandman's point. After looking at your repective websites, I noticed that the Vanguard doesn't seem to have participated in any of the other SFC titles besides 3, that being the case, I'd think Sandman would have precedence in the SFC 1,2 and OP community and perhaps 3.

I'm sure he'd never dream of butting into your turf in Armada or Elite Force and setting up a competing 11th their when you clearly have the precedent in those arena's.

At any rate, I just wanted to put my nose in where it doesn't belong and isn't needed so I hope no one minds.  ;D

So I guess if I name my business Microsoft and sell hotdogs Bill Gates wont get mad or upset.

Offline keller-11thfleet-

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2004, 03:03:33 am »

You guys want to come in on the LAST game of a series and give an established fleet the boot?...just cuz you all decided to pick up the game now?

Yeah...THAT represents your fleet very well...

Oh....and you'd better get those lawers going....I found at least 50 groups using "11th fleet" for various games...

As soon as you mention "Star trek" and copywrite they will throw you out of their office...

BTW...did you buy license to use Paramount's copywritten logo's on your website?

WHAT A BUNCH OF crap.i have been playing in star fleet command 1 and star fleet command 2 orion pirates for 3 years altogtether.i have never saw you guys in there.i think this is a bunch of sh*t.also,last game of a seiriez?we have been in armada 1 2 and star fleet comamnd 3.what the heck are you talking about?

give our name back,we have been here for a decade.A DECADE! you have been here fo rless than 2 years.get out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 04:07:33 am by keller-11thfleet- »

Offline Wildcard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2004, 03:04:31 am »
Hang on KBF, the Bat phone from Iraq just buzzed.

I got Saddam on the horn -- 1 sec. He wants you to know we are NOT associated with the Republican Guard.

<S>

AdmWaterTiger-11thFleet-

Back in 1990 I killed some Republican guard does that mean I am associated with them?

Offline FPF-Jem

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2004, 03:06:15 am »

So I guess if I name my business Microsoft and sell hotdogs Bill Gates wont get mad or upset.

I don't think I'd want to buy hotdogs with the word Microsoft on them  ;D

edited for a mistake
Capt. Jem

Offline FPF-Jem

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2004, 03:09:49 am »
Keller, were you playing on the Dynaverse?
Capt. Jem

Offline LordGoo

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2004, 03:11:18 am »
What's wrong with Microsoft huh?

Offline keller-11thfleet-

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2004, 03:11:26 am »
i was playing on dyna and gsa.under diferent names back then of course

• Unity Admin
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Veni vidi vici
    • Spartan Vanguard
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2004, 03:12:14 am »

Yeah...THAT represents your fleet very well...

WHAT A BUNCH OF sh*t.i have been playing in star fleet command 1 and star fleet command 2 orion pirates for 3 years altogtether.i have never saw you guys in there.i think this is a bunch of sh*t.also,last game of a seiriez?we have been in armada 1 2 and star fleet comamnd 3.what the **** are you talking about?

give our name back,we have been here for a decade.A DECADE! you have been here fo rless than 2 years.get out.

Exactly. I flew EAW/OP for almost 2 years with FDA and 14G and never saw them either.

<S>

AdmWaterTiger-11th Fleet-

P.S. Before Rota starts with the Team BOTA versus the BOTAKnights, there was legal contact ... Then we copyrighted our OLD name -- the Brotherhood of Trans-Atlantic Knights. Now the Knights are the 11th and I will back this fleet and its traditions and its right to a soverign name.

Firesoul, you around?

Offline Sivarn

• Ensign
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2004, 03:13:07 am »
You know what? I was thinking about Starting a People's Republic of China Right here in Texas. That would make us the Original Texas People's Republic of China.

Then I could demand a seat on the UN Security Council...and threaten to take over Taiwan.

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2004, 03:13:27 am »
i was playing on dyna and gsa.under diferent names back then of course

LOL - the fleet presence you have when you don't have a fleet presence

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline FPF-Jem

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2004, 03:13:54 am »
Ok, just wondering, I know I have seen the rangers on the dyna. I'm not in Gamespy very often so I can't say anything about that.
Capt. Jem