Topic: Anyone know when Gmail will go live?  (Read 1279 times)

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
Anyone know when Gmail will go live?
« on: August 01, 2004, 10:56:45 am »
I was just wondering when it will go live as they have been working on it for quite some time.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Anyone know when Gmail will go live?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 12:46:13 pm »
I'm not sure, but I hope It's soon. The service I was using died over the weekend, and I can't even Get my old emails from them anymore.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 12:53:55 pm »
Bummer
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 01:46:51 pm »
Yep. I was using youvegotpost , But apparently It started erasing accounts, and then the owner was accused of Reading peeps emails . I would have dropped It anyway after finding out about that, But It upsets me quite abit. I had some cool Messages from you guys, and Krolling , etc.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Gambler

• Lt. Commander
  • Don't bet on it
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 02:03:18 pm »
My wife has been using gmail for a while now.  While she wouldn't necessarily use it for personal e-mail (the whole *reading* mail so that it can target ads and all), she has subbed to several SG-1 mailing lists that crank out hundreds of posts a day through gmail.  It works wonders for her.
I'm a Man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess

WWJKD - What Would Jim Kirk Do

I thank God I grew up in an age when a kid could still play with things that could put his eye out.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 02:04:14 pm »
Any chance she can Set Waldo and I up with an INvite? Or are they still doing that?

Stephen

Offline Gambler

• Lt. Commander
  • Don't bet on it
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 08:11:15 pm »
I don't think she ever had any invites.  If she does I'll see if I can throw them your way.
I'm a Man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess

WWJKD - What Would Jim Kirk Do

I thank God I grew up in an age when a kid could still play with things that could put his eye out.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 03:54:42 pm »
Go ahead and Help Waldo, I had someone else here hook me up. But thanks anyway Bro.

Stephen

Offline oldmanken

• Le Boss!
  • Lt.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 07:33:00 am »
If you guys know of ny body who can invite me into GMail, please tell them to contact me.  Sure, I could wait for it to go public, but I am impatient and really want to check the service out.  (I have to get out of hotmail)
"Purgatory is kinda like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really sh*t, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham." - Ray (Colin Farrell) in In Bruges