Topic: Last House is in place  (Read 5876 times)

Offline Strongbad

• Crooked Cop, Secret Agent, Celebrity Pharmacist.... Dangeresque!
  • Ensign
Re: Last House is in place
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2004, 09:56:00 pm »
I liked the way they dealt with that on the TV shows -- they didn't.  Let's face it, nobody tries to explain why Captain Kirk looks like he used to wear eye shadow.  It's makeup.  Not really the best way to start a new plot device.  And nobody makes a big deal when a different actor plays the same character in different episodes or movies of the same series.  (e.g. Saavik). 
Cheat Commandoes......
Ridiculous Breakfast!
Buy all our playsets and toys!
Rock-Rock-ON!
http://www.homestarrunner.com

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2004, 10:20:38 pm »
Looks like I'm going to have to fit a reading of the Final Reflection in again between now and when the server starts...

Cause I've always subscribed to that lore for TOS-era Klingons...

It's also nifty that the Klingon sourcebooks for the FASA RPG were heavily based on the Final Reflection...

The only part of FASA's work I am not a big fan of is the genetic fusion philoshophy to explain the difference between TOS and TMP Klinks...

I always liked the theory that the radges were an allergic reaction to the Tribbles that Scotty sent the TOS Klingons.  You know how much trouble things covered in fur give the Klinks...... ;D

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004, 04:33:49 am »
Reality vs. theory. Roddenberry got budget, klinls got ridges. Favorite snack ruffles?  ;)
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2004, 04:37:11 am »
FASA
Klingon Imperials - Turtle heads
Rom/Klink fusions
Human/Klink fusions as per TOS designed to better work/deal with Feds. Of course this wa long before DS9 came along with Kor, Kang and Koloth with their updated makeup ridges.

Offline K'Hexx

• Heir to Two Empires
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • 1/2 Klingon 1/2 Lyran 1/2 Pint
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2004, 05:19:51 am »
Hexx...

It is not a pick on you.

If you promise not to tell anyone, I'll let you in on the source and meaning of the name I've picked...

It's sort of a quiet challenge to see if anyone remembers the significance of the name...

http://members.aol.com/neila8/CCCommand/impIntell.html

Is this in reference to your housename?

During the first 12 years of the first "Demon War," the black globe ships of the Kinshaya achieved a 100 to 1 kill ratio against Klingon vessels. The Kinshaya pushed deeply into the Empire, coming to within 20 light years of QošnoS before Klingons were able to attack their supply lines and develop more effective tactics. Despite these changes, the Kinshaya were still able to destroy 30 Klingon vessels for every one they lost during the last 6 years of the war. Most of the losses the Kinshaya suffered came not from weapons fire, but from vessels manned by a few volunteers, specially modified as high explosive rams. Called qulDuj, or fireships, these suicide vessels and their noble crews, are credited with turning the tide and making the Kinshaya pull back and cease their attacks, if only for a little while.

Ahh Kinshaya must be Klingon for Kzinti then, 100 to one sounds about right...... ;D

The only 100 to 1 kill ratio A Kzinti would achieve on a Klingon is brain cells after a night of drinking, as real Klingons would have drank enough bloodwine by adulthood to have less at risk...... ;D

K'HEXX
Alliances are formed in bedrooms as well as on paper

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2004, 07:18:30 am »
Reality vs. theory. Roddenberry got budget, klinls got ridges. Favorite snack ruffles?  ;)

Remember, ruffles have ridges.... ;D