Topic: Textureing Help.  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Jake98989

• Lt. Junior Grade
Textureing Help.
« on: October 18, 2004, 04:47:36 pm »
 I am making a model but i Cant figger out how to make textures for it. Can someone either tech me or Give any Tutorials on how to make them would be great thanks. I got 3d max 7. For paint programs i got Coral Draw 12, Photoshop 5.5, and Paint shop. Any help would be Appreciated thanks. :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Textureing Help.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 04:48:55 pm »
i didnt know 3ds Max 7 was even out.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Jake98989

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 04:50:11 pm »
Yep just came out.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 07:39:04 pm »
Well hate to be the bringer of bad news but texturing and modelling are the same in this respect. Everyone will have their own style and way of doing things this come from appling it to the model as well as making them. Getting them onto the model is your choice on how to do it no one does it exactly the same and they can be done in as many or as few textures you wish to make it.

As for doing them PhotoShop is the upper end program, WZ, me, and others use PaintShop Pro because it was affordable to us. The only suggestion I can give you on this one is do it all in layers. Make a background first and apply details over the back ground. Make the lighted areas its own layer, that way all you have to do is apply that layer to a black background and you have a instant light map.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline J-O-K-E-R

• Veteran Modeler since SFC 1
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Mars Station  A (NON-Canon) Shipyard & Research Facility
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 09:41:18 pm »
Hey Jake,
I forgot to tell ya last night, the .mod import & export plugins won't work with Max 6 or 7.
Max 5 was the last version made.

Plus, I havn't been able to open any max files I created in Max6, With Max 5 or 4. ( If there is a way, I don't know about it yet) So there for you won't beable to export to .mod

Is goes for using  max 5 to max 4 also.

I'm off to Cali again, holler at ya when I get back

Not related to "The_Joker"  :)

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 09:10:41 pm »
you need to export to .3ds i think for that to work
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 07:40:25 am »
Tus is right.... convert the model to .3ds then 5 will open it if your using v6 ;D