Topic: Khaliban FCA textures  (Read 1048 times)

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Khaliban FCA textures
« on: October 28, 2004, 06:11:56 pm »
Does anyone have better quality textures for his supurb Constitution model he released many moons ago? I recall him sayin the version he released was a stop gap untill he released the full finnished version (with LODS BRK mod etc and textures without such bad image degredation). I am unsure as i was absent from the taldren boards for many months. I have re-textured his FCA myself, was just wondering if better quality original textures were available.

Cheers
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
Re: Khaliban FCA textures
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 06:30:05 pm »
Nope, you have to put up with the really awful jpegging and no lods or brk.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Darth Chandley

• Naval Architect
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 08:27:47 pm »
I didn't think they were that bad... Or have I missed something...  :o :o :o :o
Sailors fighting in the dance hall, Oh man! Look at those cavemen go
It's the freakiest show
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy, Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show
Is there life on Mars?

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 08:42:12 pm »
I didn't think they were that bad... Or have I missed something...  :o :o :o :o

Not really, only one texture set from Khaliban, but for some reason he most have saved them as jpegs and then saved again as bmps because there are very visible jpeg 'artifacts' all over the textures.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Darth Chandley

• Naval Architect
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 08:57:04 pm »
... yeah, good point... I did noticed the "non crispness" when i was working with them earlier in the year... I sit corrected  :D :D :D :D
Sailors fighting in the dance hall, Oh man! Look at those cavemen go
It's the freakiest show
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy, Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show
Is there life on Mars?

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 12:04:59 pm »
Okay didnt think so but it was worth checking. Ive completely retextued her myself anyway, just thought the original textures would be great other than for all the 'artifact' damage. Shame. Cheers any way folks :)
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."