Topic: Races and Tech crossing  (Read 10506 times)

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Races and Tech crossing
« on: November 10, 2004, 08:42:02 pm »
Is this new league going to be one race only per cycle?

If we are allowed to have two races; will it be status quo as per GZ, one week race 1 next week race 2?

What are peoples feelings on fielding cross teching fleets? As we are now in Dynaverse perhaps in the spirit of a lot of their campaigns we could have FSD (Lyran/Klingon) with a BCP+ a Klingon D5D and D5 vs TSC (Klingon/Romulan) in a Romulan KCR with two Klingon D5s. Will certainly make planning a lot harder as the options the other fleet could bring in have just been increased two fold.

If this is a little too radical for the purest among us; perhaps we could include each races pirate affiliate into the ships that may be selected by each fleet. IE Feds could take Orion ships, Tiger Hearts for Lyran etc...

Just some ideas...
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Races and Tech crossing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 08:43:42 pm »
Is this new league going to be one race only per cycle?

If we are allowed to have two races; will it be status quo as per GZ, one week race 1 next week race 2?

What are peoples feelings on fielding cross teching fleets? As we are now in Dynaverse perhaps in the spirit of a lot of their campaigns we could have FSD (Lyran/Klingon) with a BCP+ a Klingon D5D and D5 vs TSC (Klingon/Romulan) in a Romulan KCR with two Klingon D5s. Will certainly make planning a lot harder as the options the other fleet could bring in have just been increased two fold.

If this is a little too radical for the purest among us; perhaps we could include each races pirate affiliate into the ships that may be selected by each fleet. IE Feds could take Orion ships, Tiger Hearts for Lyran etc...

Just some ideas...

I personally feel that all fleet members should fly the same race.
Former Federation A/RM SFC2.NET
Former Federation RM SFC2.NET
Hydran A/RM LB4
Interim Federation RM GW3
Federation RM GW4

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 03:24:19 am »
I feel that all fleet members should fly the same race as well .The fleets will loose their race identity and thats not good.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 09:04:16 am »
I actually favor the idea of multi race fleets with certian limitation. First the team must declare a primary race, which will determine whether they are Alliance (Fed, Hydran, Gorn, Mirak) or Coalition (Klingon, ISC, Lyran, Romulan) as well. Second they may only take 1 ship from an allied race in a 3 ship fleet. 2v2s require you to fly just your primary race.

This preserves a certian amount of the historical flavor, but allows for a little more flexibility and balance where certian races don't match up well against non-traditional enemys and such.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 12:49:36 pm »
Lets keep it simple for the first cycle.

One (1) Race per fleet.

762_XC

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 04:12:19 pm »
One race per fleet.

Offline drb

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 09:39:38 pm »
Hoi Folks,

Posted by: Kroma 

I actually favor the idea of multi race fleets with certian limitation. First the team must declare a primary race, which will determine whether they are Alliance (Fed, Hydran, Gorn, Mirak) or Coalition (Klingon, ISC, Lyran, Romulan) as well. Second they may only take 1 ship from an allied race in a 3 ship fleet. 2v2s require you to fly just your primary race.

This preserves a certian amount of the historical flavor, but allows for a little more flexibility and balance where certian races don't match up well against non-traditional enemys and such.

I think it is a fine idea to have fleets comprised of allied races, so long as restrictions apply to maintain fleet identity.

I also understand that this will require some work to make happen. If an acceptable set of rules could be devised in time for this upcoming cycle great, if not I would really like to see something like this come into effect for at least an exibition cycle of matches.

Take care

drb

P.S. I have been flying with the GDA, started a little late in the last cycle, but I am here now. Due to my first account with GameSpy being destroyed somehow. I was forced to sign on as "drbbrd" for the new account. Hope that clears that up.

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 03:43:41 pm »
I like the idea of two ships from the main race and limiting the second race to one ship. Even like Kroma suggestion of keeping the traditional allies team up. Perhaps we could start off slow and only allow the races pirate affiliation as the second race vice any combos of the eight main stays.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2004, 06:26:50 pm »
I was actually thinking about adding that for PBR at one point  - allowing fleets to include a Pirate ship from their 'affiliated' pirate race as a Merc.  It's straight from S8 (the SFB source) so it's legit.

As for mixing races, i would think it would have to be something along the lines of:
historical ally
only one
has to be a non-combat support or command.

That sounds pretty legit to me too

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2004, 06:59:13 pm »

has to be a non-combat support or command.

good point, I hadn't thought of that issue.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2004, 07:50:44 pm »
Lets all fly ISC for Cycle 1!!!

;)

Offline 2Hot2Handle

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2004, 06:31:00 pm »
I strongly Disagree with your Opinion Mr.

Edited Because there will be no Personal attacks.

Stephen
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 06:44:04 pm by Stephen »

Offline 2Hot2Handle

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2004, 01:32:38 pm »
Are you kidding me ?

I cant even make a joke about my own friend and fleet mate ?

Dude get a grip man I can not believe you edited this post I never said a bad word or even slamed him.

Legendary is my fleet mate and friend and I get called a dictating control freak.

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2004, 01:49:19 pm »
No, hes not kidding.
Hes got a grip, thats why he is a global moderator and if he edited it i'm sure the reason he specified was true.
If you feel you need a break from posting feel free continue with your current behaviour and we will arrange your vacation.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2004, 09:38:06 am »
No, hes not kidding.

But he may have been a little bit mistaken on the intent of the post. I know Stephen had the best of intentions and probably thought it was a real personnel attack and was therefore just doing his job, but as 2Hot has mentioned he was joking around with a pal. Thus your response is a little OOT. And I should know. ;-)
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2004, 10:43:22 am »
Concur that 2Hot was yanking on Sliders chain.

Now to get this topic back on track. I think enough are opposed to crossing the eight main races for cycle one, but I think we need to answer the pirate affiliate question. Is this something we are willing to look at in cycle one or are we going to just stick to one fleet one race?  ???

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2004, 11:22:55 am »
What are the empires/cartel affiliations anyway? Who is with who?
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2004, 04:23:30 pm »
What are the empires/cartel affiliations anyway? Who is with who?

As listed in the manual these are the ones listed as the primary pirate cartels in the space of the main races.

Federation = Orion
Klingon = Crimson shadow
Mirak = Camboro
Romulan = Prime Industries
Lyran = Tiger Heart
Hydran = Beast Raiders
Gorn = Syndicate
ISC = Wyldrfire

I could also list the cartels other operating areas if we want to open the pirates up a little more.

Offline Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Get In My Belly
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2004, 05:14:34 pm »
Would definatly be interesting to see a fleet using a pirate ship  :-\

I'd vote that if anything, you can use your Races "cartel" as a second race for matches.

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 06:20:44 pm »
No, hes not kidding.
Hes got a grip, thats why he is a global moderator and if he edited it i'm sure the reason he specified was true.
If you feel you need a break from posting feel free continue with your current behaviour and we will arrange your vacation.

hmmmmmm this seems a bit personal in it's wording who polices the  :police:   mauhahahahahahahhahaha

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 07:33:58 pm »
2Hot is a p00py head...
Payne is a p00py head...
Kroma is the queen of the p00py heads...

So that being settled...

I prefer a single race.  2 empires races per side is okay too, if the group desires it.  As for pirates ... blech ... I'd rather skip 'em.

PS - Kroma is still a p00py-head.  ;)

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 07:17:14 am »
Before any matches are flown what are we doing re the pirate affiliates?

I put forth that each race be allowed to use their pirate affiliation for ship selection.

FSD votes yes on pirate affiliation.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 11:32:15 pm »
TSC votes no on race affiliation

main reasons being that 1-the cycle has started
                                  2-the shiplist as per support and combat and command is not updated to include the affiliated race
                                  3-the work involved in getting all this up before the cycle's first match is extensive
                                  4-lack of time for fleets to revue 2 full races of ships and coordinate ship combos before first match

I am sure there are other valid reasons but name those as most likely the biggest.  I would most likely support this idea for the next cycle, considering we would have proper amount of time to work on shiplists, ect.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2004, 02:01:51 pm »

Well, if you want to experiment with "mercenaries", but be sure things don't get out of hand, you could do a double restriction.

1) Only one ship of a three ship fleet can be pirate
2) You may only have such a pirate mercenary for X matches in one cycle.  (Say, max of two matches in one cycle?)

You'd stay pretty close to rcacial purity this way, but you'd still have an extra tool to reach for in a matchup against a race that your race didn't face well.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2004, 09:47:14 am »
What about using Pirates as a race, applying appropriate rules concerning threir use.

#Restriction of  1 Empire ship or 2 if they are of different hull sizes and 1 pirate ship.
#Implement Brothers of the Anarchist,ships to add to their roster.
#Allow some retooling of guns (optional hardpoint rule) and process behind doing. I would assume all hardpoints would have to be adjusted prior to the start of the cycle.

Some BPV adjustment may be in order (subterfuge rule +25%bpv?) they are ungainly ships to fly.

Offline GDA-Kel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2004, 08:21:12 am »

Well, if you want to experiment with "mercenaries", but be sure things don't get out of hand, you could do a double restriction.

1) Only one ship of a three ship fleet can be pirate
2) You may only have such a pirate mercenary for X matches in one cycle.  (Say, max of two matches in one cycle?)

You'd stay pretty close to rcacial purity this way, but you'd still have an extra tool to reach for in a matchup against a race that your race didn't face well.

-S'Cipio

I like this idea for next season with the following restriction suggested by Mutilator. 

I put forth that each race be allowed to use their pirate affiliation for ship selection.

Not sure what this means...Who/What are the Brothers of Anacrhist?  Are you suggesting 'custom' pirate ships ala SFC3? 

What about using Pirates as a race, applying appropriate rules concerning threir use.

#Restriction of 1 Empire ship or 2 if they are of different hull sizes and 1 pirate ship.
#Implement Brothers of the Anarchist,ships to add to their roster.
#Allow some retooling of guns (optional hardpoint rule) and process behind doing. I would assume all hardpoints would have to be adjusted prior to the start of the cycle.

Some BPV adjustment may be in order (subterfuge rule +25%bpv?) they are ungainly ships to fly.
GDA-Kel
Gorn Dragon Alliance

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 08:53:27 am »
Brothers of the Anarchist are from an old Captains log. The Anarchist is in our game its a Klingon hull with Hellbores of fusions, the Hydrans converted it during the general war. Its brother ships are captured vessels converted to other races. They are no match for empire ships but they would work nicely mixed in as a Captured vessel or a Pirate Ship!

I have the SSDS if you'd like to see them.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2004, 09:15:00 am »
Legend buddy - that would involve modding the shiplist to include them....

you know where that leads... :P

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2004, 09:29:37 am »
Legend buddy - that would involve modding the shiplist to include them....

you know where that leads... :P

Where is that gendo'in gendohole anyway??  :rofl:

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2004, 10:27:40 am »
I know Jakle, just stating my source as I remember it. X-1 Ships came in the same magazines back then so im not advocating anything odd or bizarre. Im posting mearly for the fellowship of that game, I no longer play.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2004, 10:38:53 am »
Im posting mearly for the fellowship of that game, I no longer play.

BAH!

What's the fun in that?  I post merely to play....

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2004, 04:27:50 pm »
*sigh*

*Looks around, whips out Flame Gun, blasts Jakle*

*Runs quickly away*