Topic: To Get Set Up For Dynaverse Play  (Read 25003 times)

Offline Raz0r

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: To Get Set Up For Dynaverse Play
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 10:14:57 pm »
Well that answers alot of questions for me.. Thanks

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • sub·ter·fuge (sub-tr-fyooj) - Romulan foreplay
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 01:14:31 pm »
Made some changes and updated a link or two here. If anyone sees anything glaring that needs to be updated or corrected please just let me know. Many thanks.
"Flying Romulan takes cunning. You either have it... or you die."

In The Beginning -- An unfinished fictionalized account of events surrounding the old Starlance League.

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • sub·ter·fuge (sub-tr-fyooj) - Romulan foreplay
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2005, 01:27:44 pm »
OK... Pestalence (thanks!!!) has spent a lot of time and energy making all of this simpler with something called the OP Enhancement Pack v3.0. So, here is the letter he sent me and a link to his simplified way to accomplish a lot of what I did above...
------------------

Just to let you know.. all a player needs to do is install SFC OP and use the Enhancement Pack v3.0 and then set their ports, update their Video Dirvers, and make sure they have DirectX 9.0c and finally set up their ports..

here is the listing of what OP Enhancement Installs :

Total Package Install Content :

SFC OP Patch v2552 Full Installer (out of Box SFC OP installation only)
SFC OP Bonus add on (Taldren Bonus install CD Content)
OP + v4.0 Shiplist installers by Firesoul
EAW to OP Conversion scripts with *.MCT single player setup files by Firesoul
Sulu Bonus EAW to OP conversion scripts by Firesoul
Complete Evil Dave OP Mission scripts by Nuclear Wessels
EEK Dynaverse mission package by Karnak including the EEK *.MCT single player campaign files
OP + and Standard Fighterlist.txt and shiplist.txt as converted by Karnak for use with the EEK mission scripts in single player (located in Assets\Specs\EEK Shiplist)
OP Patrol Scripts v4.1 and Convoy Raid mission by Tracey Greenough
Dynaverse 2 Model Pack by P81 and Atrahasis
Co-OP Ace Script v4.0 as modified by Firesoul
Sector Assault v1.1 for Orion Pirates by MagnumMan
EZ-INI game set up utility by MagnumMan
ShipEdit EAW and Shipedit OP by EagleEye Softwae Group
Fests + v1.1 by Firesoul
SFC-OP mini-updater created 11-06-2004 by Firesoul
In game Model Testing Script v1.23 for single race by Firesoul
In game Model Testing Script v1.00 for all races by Firesoul
In game Model Testing Script v1.00 for bases only on all races by Firesoul
Taldren Model Viewer by Taldren
Centauri Vaughn's Fleet Pick 2.A
Centauri Vaughn's  Team Starfleet Battles 3.0 Mission Pack
Strat's Mod Chooser v6.5
Dynaverse Server IP correction *.gf file
Custom conquest campaign *.mct files for single player by Pestalence using Nuclear Wessels scripts.
Conquest campaigns now utilizing the Conquest game map and conquest MetaMap.gf file as fixed by Pestalence.
EAW to OP Custom Single Player campaign *.mct files created by Pestalence which incorporate Nuclear Wessels scripts into the EAW to OP conversion.
Any other credits are included in the additional readme.txt files installed for NW OP Missions, OP + installation, and EEK OP Missions in
the main Starfleet Command Orion Pirates Directory.

As you can see.. to get the game into a playable state, all they need is the OP Enhancement Package v3.0

then when they want to join a server, they can use the server specific installer and then run Mod Chooser and save it to an empty slot...

basically OP Enhancement is a one stop shop for OP.. and so long as the servers are using the latest version of the mission scripts, then they only need an installer that does not contain scripts (to save HDD space)..

Anyhow.. as you can see it alreeady contains  EZ-INI, ShipEdit (both EAW and OP version) the Dynaverse fix, the mini-updater, OP + v4.0, Co-Op v4.0 etc..

all the player need do after installing it is to check their drivers and make sure they have Direct X 9.0c and to configure ports if using a router and / or firewall.

Hope that this helps.

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163352009.0.html
"Flying Romulan takes cunning. You either have it... or you die."

In The Beginning -- An unfinished fictionalized account of events surrounding the old Starlance League.

Offline vorlonagent

• Ensign
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2005, 03:56:26 pm »
Hi,

New to dynaverse but a longtime player of SFC:OP.

First, thanks to Firesoul, Pestalence and all the people who put in what has to be a lot of unpaid sweat and blood into these game extensions.

Thanks especially to Ronin for compiling a nifty set of directions.  I got SFC:OP up on dynaverse just last night. 

To other newbies after me, I would strongly suggest downloading and installing Firesoul's OP Enhancement pack 3.0 first thing after you have checked drivers and done a fresh install (Install to the DEFAULT directory!). 

3.0 takes care of patching the game to 2552 and most of the rest of the downloads/installs on Ronin's list.  I still had to make the WONServerSetup changes (Ronin's Step 8 ) and open up ports on my router (Ronin's Step 9). 

Ronin links to a Pestalence post which gives a list of possible download servers for the Enhancement Pack.  3.0 is only available through

XenoCorp.Net FTP:

ftp://ftp.xenocorp.net/game_files/Star_trek/starfleet_command/Starfleet_Command_OP/Updates_Enhancements/

Now that public service is done, I have a question.

Can someone give me a few easy steps for working with Strat's Mod Chooser?  I missed figuring out how to add the alternate ship models to the mod chooser when installing.  I would like to correct my mistake and play around with the new models.
"Methan martini.

Shaken, Not stirred."

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2005, 07:35:58 pm »
Hi,

New to dynaverse but a longtime player of SFC:OP.

First, thanks to Firesoul, Pestalence and all the people who put in what has to be a lot of unpaid sweat and blood into these game extensions.

Thanks especially to Ronin for compiling a nifty set of directions.  I got SFC:OP up on dynaverse just last night. 

To other newbies after me, I would strongly suggest downloading and installing Firesoul's OP Enhancement pack 3.0 first thing after you have checked drivers and done a fresh install (Install to the DEFAULT directory!). 

3.0 takes care of patching the game to 2552 and most of the rest of the downloads/installs on Ronin's list.  I still had to make the WONServerSetup changes (Ronin's Step 8 ) and open up ports on my router (Ronin's Step 9). 

Ronin links to a Pestalence post which gives a list of possible download servers for the Enhancement Pack.  3.0 is only available through

XenoCorp.Net FTP:

ftp://ftp.xenocorp.net/game_files/Star_trek/starfleet_command/Starfleet_Command_OP/Updates_Enhancements/

Now that public service is done, I have a question.

Can someone give me a few easy steps for working with Strat's Mod Chooser?  I missed figuring out how to add the alternate ship models to the mod chooser when installing.  I would like to correct my mistake and play around with the new models.

First the OP Enhancement Package is My creation, not Firesoul's, though a lot of the stuff contained in the Enhancement package is created by Firesoul..

Second, the WonServerSetup.gf file is fixed by the Enhancement Package automatically to find the directory servers.. that is unless you killed the batch file before it was complete..

Third, the Mod Chooser does not back up Models or Scripts, it only backs up the shiplist, music, weapon textures, and game setting *.gf files and the Model.siz file.. the actual models used are manually swapped by the end user if they so choose..

a server or the game does not care what model you are using, it only cares for the shiplist, ftrlist, the strings files, the *.gf files, and the model.siz file.. the models themselves are eye candy for the user of the game.. what ever model you are using, only you can see it, the other person sees his model.. as such, a model is about 5 MB in size for each model..

given that several people use custom models, it is irresponsible for Strat to make the Mod Chooser to back up the Models as the backups are not compressed, just copies of the original files put in a separate directory.. as such if it was to back up all of your models (say 400 MB worth), then the game would have 400 MB of models for each mod backed up.. say you have 4 Mods  + Taldren's Original setup, then that is 2 GB of nothing but backed up models.. and that is not good and is not required to play online...

As the OP Enhancement Package Instructions state in the setup instructions (if you read the Official OP Enhancement Thread), It clearly states instructions for Custom Model Users and the need to manually back up your models and to swap them out manually to avoid losing models...

Sorry the Mod Chooser is not doing what you wanted foryour models.. but it is stated in the Mod section of this forum for the Mod Chooser and it is included in my install instructions and it is part of the OP_Enhancement-Readme.rtf file..

Also, the most current update to OP Enhancement v3.0 is located at

http://sfcx.no-ip.com/downloads/mirrors/Pestalence/OP_Enhancement_Package_v3.0.exe

Xenocorp has not been updated to the newest version.. and the FTP you listed above is not up to date either.

Hope that this helps.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2006, 01:24:58 am »
I recommend Pestalence installer cuz it has this, but here it is seperately for those that need it, i cant ever find it... http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/Mods/opplus_40_models.exe

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 10:20:23 am »
The Enhancement pack 4 is broken - do not use it.

This thread is overkill and outdated. The Directory servers list is incomplete among other issues...

Please use this thread:
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163359567.0.html

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 09:38:02 am »
The only part of the 4.0 enhancement pack that is broken is the scripts installer. Get the newest scripts installer and install that after the OP enhancement v4.0 pack is done and you'll be fine.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.