Topic: Battle Tugs  (Read 10393 times)

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Battle Tugs
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2004, 12:45:39 pm »
FYI, from the source material:

(S8.331) There can be no more than one size class 2 ship (dreadnoughts, most CVAs and SCSs) in the fleet. Size-2 ships never appear with less than three other ships, two of them from the same race as the size-2 ship.

This was waived in order to allow Dreadnought's to be used in our 3v3 battles.

Personally, wouldn't bother me to forbid all dread hull's as a more literal translations.  But it was ignored in order to make PBR more palatable to the masses.  Keep in mind, this was also a year ago...

If you don't like Dreads and or Dread and BT combo , don't make even more rules to make PBR even more complicated.

The easy solution is to lower the BVP values.

When you have TBVP values of 750 Late you have to take a dread and a BT just to use up the BVP.
If you get a BVP of 300-350 late, you probably not going to take a dread.

I think the reason we are having this discussion in that the TRBG values for this cycle are a little on the high side.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 12:54:50 pm »

Nomad kinda has a point BPV more or less is BPV.  Has anyone really been owned by a tug lately?

We did see a DNL/Monitor COmbo that looked linda evil.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 04:48:27 pm »
SoV used a tug to good effect against Lyrans this cycle and last cycle.
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

762_XC

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004, 07:55:44 pm »
I'm not worried about anyone getting pwnt by a battle tug. I asked the question only because it seems completely illogical to me to have a dreadnought and a battle tug (which is really a substitute dreadnought) allowed to fly together under PBR.

It just doesn't seem PBR-ish.

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2004, 08:05:22 pm »

Nomad kinda has a point BPV more or less is BPV.  Has anyone really been owned by a tug lately?

We did see a DNL/Monitor COmbo that looked linda evil.

We used that combo first last cycle.
Former Federation A/RM SFC2.NET
Former Federation RM SFC2.NET
Hydran A/RM LB4
Interim Federation RM GW3
Federation RM GW4

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 09:20:31 pm »
I'm not worried about anyone getting pwnt by a battle tug. I asked the question only because it seems completely illogical to me to have a dreadnought and a battle tug (which is really a substitute dreadnought) allowed to fly together under PBR.

It just doesn't seem PBR-ish.

I agree with you. 

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2004, 09:38:30 pm »
I agree that the BT and Dred combo seems non PBRish.   I do know that as Klingons in all previous cycles, we enjoyed using the BT quite a bit.  I know many of our adversaries hated facing it.  As Gorns, we have used it as well.  Most reason being that it can be hard to fill the BPV when it is high, and the BT(Klink is 192) allowed that to be filled.

So, for NEXT cycle, I propose the BT fall under the Command Category, with stipulation that only 1 tug per 3 ship combo be allowed.,

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 10:34:43 pm »
The easy solution is to lower the BVP values.

When you have TBVP values of 750 Late you have to take a dread and a BT just to use up the BVP.
If you get a BVP of 300-350 late, you probably not going to take a dread.

I think the reason we are having this discussion in that the TRBG values for this cycle are a little on the high side.

Hey, someone else said it.... ;D
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay