Topic: Wish you guys the best  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Red_Green

• Lt.
  • Whatever
Wish you guys the best
« on: January 27, 2005, 09:37:41 pm »
All I can say is relationships with people  are more important to me than any models. I don't do well in forums as its a bit over welming for me. When I make a mistake in a forum, the whole world sees it and I have to deal with dozens of people instead of just the 1 or 2 I affected. Its never handled discreetly

I wish you all well-btw peace was made between all major parties for the most part but I just feel my rep is permanently damaged. Plus You all know me and in 6 weeks I would probably get bent out of shape again. Like I said I just am not comfortable in forum atmospheres. 

If an admin would deactivate my account I'd appreciate it.

The most creative person hides his sources the best!

"The universe hates you. Deal with it!"

Spoken by Harper in a 1st season episode of Andromeda.

"Pesimism is not a survival trait"

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: Wish you guys the best
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 09:59:58 pm »
Later Red_Green
Smooth sailing to you.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 10:59:54 pm »
Damn James...don't go. :( I've never had a problem with you, and really look forward to your non-Fed/non-Trek models. If it's your final decision, I respect that. Godspeed bro.
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 02:19:12 am »
Ya know, if there's one thing I ever learned from my real life experience that's to never quit!
If you're bad in forum environments, you'll always be, just becuz ya think that you are, but never did anything to prevent/change it (that's called self control BTW) :point: . Now chill out, take a beather, and finish those Andromeda models, PLEASE! but if ya think that you are better off of this place, then I won't pull ya back, take care, andlive a long prosperous life.

Gyula or Jules (pick you're own fav) aka Adonis
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 03:53:36 am »
I've never had a problem with you anyway. I like your Andromeda Ascendant designs.  :D Despite the fact in the future you should try to resolve any problems on MSN or by PMing anyone here :) Come on and stay... This is not a theater this is life. You should get used to it :)
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 08:31:28 am »
Bye! lol...good riddance.

Offline SFLetoAtreides

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 09:59:01 am »

Was that really called for Starforce2? Just about everyone who was in the forum arguement wants to make up. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything!

Red_Green is one of the few people out there that makes non-trek models.....and damn good ones at that. I would hate to see him go because of a forum arguement. Please don't go Red_Green! :'(

Offline Dallas

• Fluffy Snuggle Bunny
  • Lt.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 10:31:40 am »

Starforce2, I can't tell if your post is a bad attempt at a joke or if you are laughing because he
is leaving. In the future please choose your words more carefully.

Offline Red_Green

• Lt.
  • Whatever
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 11:04:35 am »
Ya know, if there's one thing I ever learned from my real life experience that's to never quit!
If you're bad in forum environments, you'll always be, just becuz ya think that you are, but never did anything to prevent/change it (that's called self control BTW) :point: . Now chill out, take a beather, and finish those Andromeda models, PLEASE! but if ya think that you are better off of this place, then I won't pull ya back, take care, andlive a long prosperous life.

Gyula or Jules (pick you're own fav) aka Adonis
I wouldn't think of it as quitting. More like re- prioratizing my energy. I just keep making the same mistakes and even find myself annoying. Yea I do have some self control issues, basically just wired too tight in general. Just feel like this isn't the place for me to work on and practice new bahaviors. Its not fair to guys I step on.  I do tend to get drawn towards train wrecks and often cause them. I am not making this decision solely based on recent events, it was something I had been considering for a while. I have had some good laughs here  and enjoyed working with you guys and seeing artists like Sandman  and MarkyD really starting to polish their skills.

Just felt I needed to explain my decision a bit, felt I owe you guys that. The bottom line is I am doing what I think is  best me. 

btw-I think StarForce was just joking  ;)   

The most creative person hides his sources the best!

"The universe hates you. Deal with it!"

Spoken by Harper in a 1st season episode of Andromeda.

"Pesimism is not a survival trait"

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 03:16:54 pm »
To quote one of the Holy prophets of our time, the great and legendary Al "Stinkfoot" Bundy, "Damn a unified Germany, play on!"

In other words, just stick around.  If things get bad again, we can all gather in a nice big dirt arena, get loaded on several kinds of beer and various narcotics, then bash each other till one is left standing and breathing, then that guy gets put on a high tower and gets shot.  :-D  You know, good fun!!  :-D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 06:25:06 pm »

Starforce2, I can't tell if your post is a bad attempt at a joke or if you are laughing because he

I'm in support of his decision to leave....

Was that really called for Starforce2? Just about everyone who was in the forum arguement wants to make up. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything!

Red_Green is one of the few people out there that makes non-trek models.....and damn good ones at that. I would hate to see him go because of a forum arguement. Please don't go Red_Green! :'(

LOL..damn good ones? I haven't seen a model from red green that comes anywhere near "damn good" EVER. Though he does turn threads for models that are into flame wars... I'm tired of seeing him destroy atolms ship threads-I'm sure I'm not the only one, just perhaps the only one to speak up..., first the reeve, now the sheliak (did I miss any). And then some of you choose to support him?! At what point does the price of a few crappy non-trek models become too high a price to pay? I those of you trying to convince him to stay don't regret it later when this aspiring don dawson destroys the next thread from azel or whoever he decides to pick next, because you know it will happen sooner than later, and we might end up losing someone important next time.

And just so ya know...there is opposition out there...people glad to see him go. Don't know how many, but atleast a few. Couple asked me not to post here. But, I feel your posts in support of this guy are just as offensive as you feel my saying good riddance is...so how's that for point of view? If you can share yours, then I can share mine. Just because I'm on the other side of the fence doesn't make it any less valid.

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 06:55:32 pm »

LOL..damn good ones? I haven't seen a model from red green that comes anywhere near "damn good" EVER. Though he does turn threads for models that are into flame wars... I'm tired of seeing him destroy atolms ship threads-I'm sure I'm not the only one, just perhaps the only one to speak up..., first the reeve, now the sheliak (did I miss any). And then some of you choose to support him?! At what point does the price of a few crappy non-trek models become too high a price to pay? I those of you trying to convince him to stay don't regret it later when this aspiring don dawson destroys the next thread from azel or whoever he decides to pick next, because you know it will happen sooner than later, and we might end up losing someone important next time.

And just so ya know...there is opposition out there...people glad to see him go. Don't know how many, but atleast a few. Couple asked me not to post here. But, I feel your posts in support of this guy are just as offensive as you feel my saying good riddance is...so how's that for point of view? If you can share yours, then I can share mine. Just because I'm on the other side of the fence doesn't make it any less valid.

I agree totally Starforce2... and you missed about three other things he's pulled, two other you missed that were against Atolm/Azel also.
Its real fun to be all lovey-dovey, big happy make-up times, but, I personally get tired of seeing someone push everyone else, then once they get caught, they play the little cowering abused victim. Victims are weak, take life as it is and move on.
This forum doesn't need his completely stupidity and weak attempts at manipulation, and I am shocked he's getting begged to stay, after all the little games he's pulled- its no longer tolerable. I wish he'd just make his models and just quit playing around.

GET COUNSELING AND QUIT BRINGING YOUR PROBLEMS HERE!!!!!!!!!! This is a forum for adults with adult problems to come relax, showcase their hobbies, not start arguments and perpetuate them.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 06:56:30 pm »

That is enough starforce2 / Red Green , etc. You want to dislike someone, Dislike me. Personaly I want everyone to stay here, crank out the work you do and share them.

as of know, this thread is locked. Everyone can consider themselves warned. The In fighting stops now.

Sirgod!
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War