Topic: I need some help, please.  (Read 908 times)

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
I need some help, please.
« on: January 29, 2005, 12:36:31 am »
I've been working on retexturing Taldren's pirates and the PDN is causing me some trouble. Look at the first pic (done in the mod viewer). The model is causing the lighter triangular pathes on the rear of the saucer (Actually it's darkening the rest of the texture.) The same effect occurs on the bottom rear of the saucer as well. I've checked and it's not being caused by the lighting texture. I removed it and the problem is still there.

The second pic was done in the M1 modeling editor and you can see that the lighter triangle areas aren't there. I've also looked at it in CV and they aren't there either.

Does anyone know why it's doing this, and how to fix it?
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Red_Green

• Lt.
  • Whatever
Re: I need some help, please.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 12:16:42 pm »
How does it look in game?  Is the saucer in 1 group or is part of the saucer in 1 group and the other part in a second group. Sometimes where 2 groups meet there can be some shading problem. Perhaps where these faces meet need to be welded. Or you might try just selecting the entire top saucer faces and regrouping them as 1, then remap the top saucer texture to this group. Thats all I can think of atm.

The most creative person hides his sources the best!

"The universe hates you. Deal with it!"

Spoken by Harper in a 1st season episode of Andromeda.

"Pesimism is not a survival trait"