Topic: Matrox Adds Odyssey Xpro+ Vision Processor  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Capt. Mike

• Live from Granpa's Grotto
  • Captain
Matrox Adds Odyssey Xpro+ Vision Processor
« on: February 18, 2005, 04:05:08 pm »
Interesting article, especially for you Matrox owners.

http://www.reed-electronics.com/tmworld/article/CA504906.html?nid=2008&rid=142234 

Mike
Summum ius summa iniuria.

The more law, the less justice.

Cicero, De Officiis, I, 33

"It doesn't, and you can't, I won't, and it don't
it hasn't, it isn't, it even ain't, and it shouldn't
it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

My chops were not as fast...[but] I just leaned more on what was in my mind than what was in my chops.  I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with twenty notes.
 --Les Paul

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Matrox Adds Odyssey Xpro+ Vision Processor
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 05:25:34 pm »
Wow...  ;D Some serious video capture there... Support for QNX! (more, and more)... A G4 and an FPGA... brilliant... these guys are leading the field if you ask me - always have. FPGAs are the way of the future for PC products. This could be used for all kinds of user interfaces.. But there's plenty of other applications too, trimmed down,  a vision processing board like this would make a nice visual processor for an autonomous QNX driven UAV say... ;)

http://www.matrox.com/imaging/products/odyssey_xproplus/home.cfm

Priced at $6495 is a bit steep, it is Matrox though...

(still waiting for the Parhelia to come down to $300 CAN... lol, till then my G450 will still do just fine except for handling the bogus Nvidia standard of HT&L (I mean, isn't that what a video card does?) Anyway trendy bogus hardware standards to garner the gaming market aside... my 'ol G450 still rocks.)

Only HP really competes with Matrox on the high end applications, but not really in the embedded market:
http://www.hp.com/workstations/risc/visualization/overview.html (nvidia powered - granted)
Imagine SFC model renders on that sucker! Yow! a bit much at $92-430K!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 07:59:17 pm by Bonk »

Offline Capt. Mike

• Live from Granpa's Grotto
  • Captain
Re: Matrox Adds Odyssey Xpro+ Vision Processor
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 07:12:21 am »
Bonk, you want hilarious...the phase noise calibrator we use at work was designed and marketed by HP/Agilent...and it's video card is a Matrox G450..

BTW, I like Matrox, a G450 is what's in my wife's machine, so she can use two monitors when she's doing work at home.

Take care,

Mike
Summum ius summa iniuria.

The more law, the less justice.

Cicero, De Officiis, I, 33

"It doesn't, and you can't, I won't, and it don't
it hasn't, it isn't, it even ain't, and it shouldn't
it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

My chops were not as fast...[but] I just leaned more on what was in my mind than what was in my chops.  I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with twenty notes.
 --Les Paul