Topic: Permissions (Remake) - Sticky this in favor of old.  (Read 65166 times)

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
Re: Permissions (Remake) - Sticky this in favor of old.
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 08:14:14 pm »
Y'know, I am an easy goin' kind of guy ...

Just drop me a line. Let me know what's going on.

Riiiiiiyyyyght ....

Turns out models I designed are ALSO available for download at battleclinic.

I just found out today ... here.

That is NOT how I really wanted to find out about something like this. Not even close.

I really don't mind so much ... I mean, I'd like to think that my models were used for something other than a tedious 56k upload to Planet Mudd, my website. I'd like to think they were more than a quaint decoration to the website I spent many hours creating. (Notice a theme here?)

Mirroring my models is kind of pointless when my site is up.(Currently, it's not - but that should change soon.) I used to do textures for models, before I started modeling back when I had Tiberius Station One, and if anyone wants to mirror that old stuff, be my guest. But my relatively current and yet-to-be-released new stuff  will be available where I decide it will be available at - the site I have been working on for the last two months, trying to tweak it for 56kers like myself. ( Yes, the Flash is a thing of the past, gentle-downloaders ...) This work has been postponing my new releases. If  I wanted to upload to battleclinic, I WOULD HAVE. Besides, mirroring my stuff is frankly a waste of good webspace that someone else could be using.

I'll wager I know who uploaded them. That's not really important. What is important is how this will be handled in the future. Some of you claim to respect modelers wishes, which is supposed to be the purpose of a thread like this. I guess I'll just have to see it to believe it.

I have contacted MrCue of battleclinic and requested my models be removed, available at Planet Mudd as I intended. He has requested that they remain for the good of the community. I'd like to hear what you think, modelers and model fans alike.

As for my current permission status, I honestly feel it doesn't make a pile of [dung], when someone is going to do whatever they want any ways.

I guess I should be flattered ...

I, Mudd.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 08:33:29 pm by I, Mudd. »

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 08:55:30 pm »
your original stuff, you decide 0z...
cue can request 'for teh good of the community' but he has no say on the matter.

like said, its upto you :)
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 10:54:47 am »
Oh wow I'd love to have the stuff from the Tiberius One Site, I lost it in a puter crash  :'( long ago. But as Mackie said, it is ultimately up to you about your newer ships. Personally I'm flattered when I see stuff I've done being used or mirrored as long as I'm credited for whatever small contribution I may have made  ;D.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 12:00:45 pm »
Y'know, I am an easy goin' kind of guy ...

Just drop me a line. Let me know what's going on.

Riiiiiiyyyyght ....

Turns out models I designed are ALSO available for download at battleclinic.

I just found out today ... here.

That is NOT how I really wanted to find out about something like this. Not even close.

I really don't mind so much ... I mean, I'd like to think that my models were used for something other than a tedious 56k upload to Planet Mudd, my website. I'd like to think they were more than a quaint decoration to the website I spent many hours creating. (Notice a theme here?)

Mirroring my models is kind of pointless when my site is up.(Currently, it's not - but that should change soon.) I used to do textures for models, before I started modeling back when I had Tiberius Station One, and if anyone wants to mirror that old stuff, be my guest. But my relatively current and yet-to-be-released new stuff  will be available where I decide it will be available at - the site I have been working on for the last two months, trying to tweak it for 56kers like myself. ( Yes, the Flash is a thing of the past, gentle-downloaders ...) This work has been postponing my new releases. If  I wanted to upload to battleclinic, I WOULD HAVE. Besides, mirroring my stuff is frankly a waste of good webspace that someone else could be using.

I'll wager I know who uploaded them. That's not really important. What is important is how this will be handled in the future. Some of you claim to respect modelers wishes, which is supposed to be the purpose of a thread like this. I guess I'll just have to see it to believe it.

I have contacted MrCue of battleclinic and requested my models be removed, available at Planet Mudd as I intended. He has requested that they remain for the good of the community. I'd like to hear what you think, modelers and model fans alike.

As for my current permission status, I honestly feel it doesn't make a pile of [dung], when someone is going to do whatever they want any ways.

I guess I should be flattered ...

I, Mudd.

I say they're your models, your ships.  You make the call as to where they are, and if anyone tries to do anything about it, then they don't deserve any respect.  People should understand you don't have to make your own pieces of work available for everyone else to use, but you do, with the understanding that respect be given for the time put into making the models, and that your requests be honored. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2005, 02:54:54 pm »
Please change my policy to ask permission first, and also under no circumstance will my models nor kitbashes thereof are to be uploaded at any mass model server, such as Battleclinic. Only personal websites will I allow from now on.

Note that those already there are excepted, and I have no gripes personally with anybody who has done so, as they have respected the credit and informing-me policy.

Thank you - LS

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 12:27:26 am »
Im with Lord Schtupp on this too.. Change me to ask permission 1st. I was also very open about my work before, but Ive seen 1 too many "no name, no clue who did this post" of my stuff on Battleclinic, SFC3files, and BCfiles. The honor system of mention the authors name just doesnt seem to register in some peoples heads. Others just laugh at the thought of it. No matter what is done is done. My  old stuff is obsolete as far as im concerned. Any future work i release will be ask 1st. If you cant contact me then the answer is NO.

People please "Try" to respect this wish... If i want my work uploaded at Battleclinic, SFC3Files, BCFiles, or whatever then  i will upload it myself. I apprecieate the enthusiasim of the ones that did so, and did credit me. However please dont do it for me anymore. TIA.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 12:38:03 am by TheStressPuppy »

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 04:33:23 am »
and I third the motion, if possible at all since i only create bashes...

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2005, 10:19:43 am »
Updated.

Mackie, TSP, LS, I Mudd, WZ45, and Myself are those who no longer want our stuff to be uploaded to BattleClinic unless we decide to do so ourselves. Previous cases are up to the individual.

I for one dont care about models that have already been uploaded, i believe its the same with LS and TSP.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2005, 12:22:09 pm »
er, thanks but i dont need to be asked for permission when kitbashing my stuff. doesnt matter where reproductions go.
i was just speaking of MY kitbashes,i dont want them on mass sites without my knowledge :)

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2005, 11:08:01 pm »
I wish also to be placed under the no mass-model site for my future works, though private sites are ok with the proper credits of course

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2005, 11:27:14 am »
All right, after the latest BC crap I find today, move me to the Ask Permissions group.  Getting pretty annoyed with going over there and finding stuff I did converted over there (like this: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/CAAeon;48112 ) without:

a) a simple screenie of the ship ingame so I can see it, know about it, and see that it was done right
b) a simple screenie of the ship ingame.. in general.

I've had the screenshot policy now for a long long time, and all that I've ever asked is simply to take a screenshot of the ship ingame, and then send it to me so that I have some new eyecandy.  I *enjoy* seeing people playing with my work, and seeing it being used.
I think that in the last two years, I may have gotten one screenshot from anyone outside the SFC community.

But if people can't even respect that simple request, then move me to Ask Permission first, so I can tell them to send me a screenshot of the converted ship directly.  :p

(edit: slight modification: if the ship or textures are ported between SFC versions, no permission is needed or required.  As soon as the textures or ship is ported to anything else other than SFC, or added to a ship that is going to be ported outside SFC, Ask Permission.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 11:24:25 pm by atheorhaven »
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 12:51:38 pm »
I wish also to be placed under the no mass-model site for my future works, though private sites are ok with the proper credits of course

I agree ...

throw my name in the same hat too !  I noticed that the Bass Master does not even mention my name ...  even though I'm the designer  ( those mentioned made the model for me )  which is cool.   What is done ... is done ...  but for future references ....  as stated above.

Thank you
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2005, 06:55:13 am »
Just to note...Major Payne is listed in credit only and ask permission. Obviosuly he can't be both...

Offline T' Kang

• T' Kang
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2005, 11:43:27 pm »
Add T'Kang (aka KombatScale) to the Notify list. We are in the middle of the APR mod for SFC3. All the models used are modded in one way or another for uniformity. Some models have many flavors from the same porting. I have found models from 1999 that have 4 different authors for the same set of polys. When the "permissions" or credits get too out of hand we simply omit the model from the mod. We don't need a hassle.  But... I will most likely have High res texture(s) or High poly version(s) archived for the released model in the mod. After release, we would forward them if someone needed them.  sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
APR D3 (c) Mod Director

Offline Dukrat

• OutaLance - Senior Cheif
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005, 01:52:22 am »
I guess it's about time I got myself listed under, Ask Permission.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2005, 03:58:49 pm »
Sorry guys, been rather busy.

Updated.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2005, 04:25:25 pm »
After a recent incident, please move me to the ASK PERMISSION list Thanks .

-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2005, 06:37:08 am »
Updated, just for you MP
^_^
Robinomicon

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2005, 08:51:47 am »
Updated, just for you MP
^_^

Thanks bro, much appreciated.
-MP

Offline Cyberkada

• Balut Eating Keeper of Shadows
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • And so it begins
    • Babylon 5 Starship Commander
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005, 11:49:09 pm »
Put me in the "Ask Permissions" category.

Models are posted at www.b5sc.com.  If you can convert out of Conitec A6 .mdl7 format, feel free to use, subject to above.
---------------------------------------------------------
Babylon 5: Starship Commander
Project Lead
http://www.b5sc.com

Babylon 5: Severed Dreams
Lead Prograamer
http://fltc.firstones.com/