Topic: SFC3 MP doesn't work =(  (Read 7844 times)

Offline Forgetful_Duck

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: SFC3 MP doesn't work =(
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2005, 10:16:29 pm »
Ah yes...

When i first got on, about yesterday afternoon my time (australia) i had my zonealarm firewall settigns on LOW, or in other words, firewall off.

After playing for around 4 hours i had a lunch break and tried opening IE. It was somehow jammed.... Then after many reboots and noticing weird automated connections to LOTS of websites in command prompt (netstat) i concluded, that while i was playing with my firewall off that ive been infected with spyware/virus. I even had one time where when firewall was off, IE automatically sprang up and went to this weird site. I quickly downloaded any latest updates for norton 2005 anti virus.
rebooted, ran a complete scan, KILLED 2 viruses, 1 a worm, and a few other little nasties.

Then i looked at my firewall settings in my detail.  I noticed setting my firewall and trusted zone levels to only second degree allowed resource sharing Instead of full stealth mode and no sharing. So i did that.

So pretty much Im doing what Garreth is doing =)
Thanks for all ur help people. Now i can finally play this game online, since ive got it over a year ago. I had to Dust of the CD case lol

Offline Forgetful_Duck

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2005, 06:04:20 am »
hmmm somethings wrong...

ive just tried playing the game, joining alternate B server and it says i failed the CD key check, and that my CD key is IN USE?!!!?!!??!!

Theres only 1 perosn in the serevr though.... And last time i was playing, i got kciked out cause the serevr did its usual 6 hour reboot.
Could i be Stuck in  the server? Ive seen a few other players stuck before, even relogging on doesn't work.

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2005, 06:19:11 am »
Yes, it sounds like your character got stuck when the last reboot occurred. The 7AM CST reboot is 50 minutes away. THat should free you up.
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Offline Forgetful_Duck

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2005, 01:06:05 am »
Well the agme plays fine now, and i like it, even though tis buggy as still with stucks, crashes, unhandled error exceptions etc

Anyhow um i need soem help in 2 areas...

One is that, For some unknown reason, my SFC3 game has no voice.... by voice i mean, theres no VOICE like... no "RED ALAERT SHIELDS UP" or "HULL DAMAGE AT 50%"   or    "PORT SHIELD at 50%" or "Warp speed!"  Weird.......
And the second query, is that I crash  (unhandled exception error) whenever i try do a mission on the alternade B server.

I asked around in the server, and a player (Tirus) told me theres actually a fix to both problems. Something about a command voice=0 , makign 0 = 3  , modifyign a .ini file. But i dont know which one.
And he said the crashign on missions can also be fixed, but i should post in the Alt B forums? I got DX9.0C .... hmmm...

Offline Tausi

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2005, 05:47:45 am »
The file tirus was on about is called sfc.ini . If you just open it up in notepad then scroll down unitl you find the line Voice=X then change that to Voice=3 then you should be fine.