Topic: Mnemosyne Class U.S.S. Titan NCC - 76000  (Read 18959 times)

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
Re: Mnemosyne Class U.S.S. Titan NCC - 76000
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2005, 07:33:14 pm »
   That does look great and everything but what is the difference between yours and this one although the pics have been removed?

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163351309.0.html

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163351309.0.html

An extremely big difference. That Titan is the same one that is being retextured by Buzzard (that thread also had the pics removed for some reason), and it was based off of this:

As you can see, the two ships share few similarities beyond being Atolm designed Titans. Since they are so different, there's no problem with it overlapping with Sandman/Buzzard's.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2005, 10:56:42 pm »
Damn!! WZ, you've raised the bar so high, I can't even see it from where I am at. :P Simply AWESOME!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2005, 12:12:25 pm »
Has this been released yet?
// Darkthunder

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2005, 12:38:35 pm »
Unless WZ labels the topic as a WIP (Work-In-Progress), the mentioned ship has been released.

Just trying to help, Darkthunder.  Go visit Wicked Zombie's website; There's a link to it in his signature.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2005, 01:28:33 pm »
Well why didn't you just say that :P ... thanks for the help.

EDIT: Downloaded both the Titan, and another ship the USS Vanquisher (Ambassador Refit). I tried to open both in Milkshape, but Milkshape crashes on either one. Is there a possibility you can upload the .3ds file so I can open it? Would like to see how it looks using the Nexus engine. If not posting .3ds, can someone please tell me a good software besides Milkshape that can open and convert .mod files to other formats?
// Darkthunder

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2005, 03:18:03 pm »
Taldren Mod Viewer

It probably didn't answer your question, but... *shrug* In any case, it allows you to view SFC models from any SFC game whilst not in-game.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2005, 03:23:15 pm »
Milkshape, for the most part, is a very good program, but personally I find it too unstable.  I've heard of old modelling tools used in the past for making ships for the game that could convert various models to SFC format, but I've never used them and don't know where to find them. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2005, 07:21:01 pm »
I am actually in love with this ship! never before have I been so captivated by a 'non canon' model. The Galaxy class has always been in my heart, and this continues the lineage very nicely. As much as I do love the Sovereign class, part of me wouldnt have objected at all seeing this replace the D as the new Enterprise!

Good stuff WZ :)
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline Kaenyne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2005, 11:10:08 am »
I think you have a hit on your hands, WZ!

I've noted that more than one member has mentioned that your latest Titan could very well have been the Enterprise E. With that in mind, did you ever consider the Titan class of your universe to have the name Enterprise among her sister ships?

BTW, I still can't decide which version I like better. Both seem to be extensive upgrades of the Galaxy Class. Much in the same vein as the original Enterprise's upgrade in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, easily recognizable but massively improved. Thanks so much for sharing, WZ!
"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material."

-Spock
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2005, 01:06:38 pm »
Though I prefer the beefed up look of the Galaxy style ships, I think the current Enterprise E still has it's place. In FC, she looked big and majestic (thanks to the close-up camera work and the limited use of CG), but in Nemesis the E kinda lost that style and gave the impression of 'just another flashy ship'. All of the Enterprises have had their own unique look and design traits (besides the - A of course) that sets them apart from each other. The Titan shares the elements of the last 3 Enterprises, so I don't think she's unique enough to be an E - which suits me just fine, they always get the hell knocked out of 'em anyway  8)
DRS Forums

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2005, 03:33:36 pm »
Your ship looks awesome using the graphics engine in the Nexus: Jupiter Incident game :D

Still working on the bumpmaps and speculars for it. Perhaps you would have some that might look better?
// Darkthunder

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2005, 05:20:59 pm »
Ye gads! What the hell happened to the saucer texture? If that's a bump-map take it off! No offense but those textures don't work well with bump mapping as the aztec is already painted into the base texture, any bump-mapping will just exxagerate and ruin it. I agree it looks good in that engine but those bits where the bump-mapping has screwed up the textures need to be axed.

I agree WZ the Sovereign gets bashed a lot by fans but it's still a good looking ship, they shouldn't have made those structural changes for Nemesis, they looked awkward they should have just added the weapons and that'd be that. It's quite sad that we'll never see studio models again in ST. CGI won't be properly convincing for a long time yet and it'll be a long time before it supercedes physical models for TV/Film work.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2005, 05:36:56 pm »
I don't have any use for bump and spec maps since SFC doesn't support them. Even though you're undoubtedly still working on them, I suggest keeping the bump maps toned down (or axe them completely). The Sovereign's panels were only noticeably raised at close range, and even that was too much for my tastes. I never saw a reason for TNG ships to have those raised aztecs to begin with.

Some seem to be under the impression that all Fed ships are like that because I've heard them gripe about my TMP ships lacking raised panels and beveled grid lines and not being 'real' enough. Obviously, they don't take the time to look a reference pic or two ;)

Not to put a damper on things, but I'm assuming that isn't intended for public release. The Mnemosyne is pretty much a SFC exclusive ship until further notice.
DRS Forums

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2005, 09:45:20 pm »
At the moment it's merely a conversion for private use, meaning myself. Learning how to mod the game, and try out what it's capabilities are on handling high quality meshes.
// Darkthunder

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2005, 12:40:24 am »
I really want to download this ship but for some reason it wont go past 32K when I start the download.  It always stops and says completed.  Anyone else have that problem or is it just my crappy PC?
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2005, 12:31:12 pm »
Yea I agree. The Sovereign blew me away in FC, so unique and different to anything before. The CGI just doesnt cut it compared to the majestic ways of shooting the studio model in FC.
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2005, 10:28:08 pm »
That is awsome.  The ship looks so cool.  The perfect successor to the Galaxy class.  My only problem with it is the saucer rim.  It needs some detail.  The ship does capture the essence of the Galaxy, Sovereign, and Ambassador class ships perfectly.  The bridge dome looks like it was inspired by the Constitution class.  The nacelles look like they were inspired by the old Relentless.  So many ships rolled into one and looks awsome.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis