Topic: Romulans!!  (Read 5059 times)

Offline starship

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Brasil Starships
Romulans!!
« on: December 27, 2009, 04:56:45 pm »
This is my first wip here.
After an excellent Christmas day (hope the same for you all), IŽm back and I present you my Romulan Harpan. It isnŽt intended to be a in game mod, cause I donŽt have the skills to do it, but a higher polly mesh in fact. Done in 3dsmax 9. Hope that you like, ;)

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: Romulans!!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 02:30:27 am »
Needs something to balance the "beak" out. (and nacelles, of course 8)) Don't sell yourself short. If you can do this you can do low poly as well. Just need to try.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline DeathKricket

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 06:20:45 pm »
i like it like it is, of course you would need warp but the beak, just bring it back up a tad and its kinda like the beak of a war bird

Offline starship

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Brasil Starships
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 08:25:14 am »
Thank you fellas!
About the naceles, I donŽt forgot. They will come as I flesh out something that I like. ;)
About the beak, IŽll think... The long beak has the intention to make her recognizeable as a carniceira bird. ;) In one of my sketches, it is curved behind, not only vertical. Maybe IŽll try that. :)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 01:12:10 pm »
that beak is way too overdone. Try something more like the firehawk.
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/screenshots/File/96680/4

But obviously that's tmp so it'd need to be modernized a bit, maybe a slight bit of the lower hook styled stuff in there but it just looks a tad silly with the ammount you've done it.  As for the rest of the ship, it's pretty good. I assume the sublight is in the tail..

You could always forget the nacelles (if you add pods they could be some kind of heavy weapon) and beef up the wings, not thicker but rather wider (from front to back) and bring the front tips fwd just a tad more to make them look stronger and then integrate the nacelles into the ends of the wings. You could do it the way it is now but with that narrow section halfway out from the body they'd feel a little flimsey...

Offline starship

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Brasil Starships
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 06:11:13 am »
Thank you Starforce. IŽll think about what youŽve said. ;)
About the long beak, my intention is to place powerfull weapons there. :D
Sublight engines will come in the tail, and/or on the wingŽs depression too.