Topic: Trekmods TMP-era K't'inga-class Battlecruiser Beta Release  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Kaenyne

• Lt. Junior Grade
Trekmods TMP-era K't'inga-class Battlecruiser Beta Release
« on: March 21, 2005, 04:50:10 pm »
Anybody else besides me have some messed up textures on this one?

Mine is okay EXCEPT for the bow/front of the secondary hull. The texture is too big and slanted.
"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material."

-Spock
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Trekmods TMP-era K't'inga-class Battlecruiser Beta Release
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:25:11 pm »
This is how it looks to me:

But I will double-check the download file and make sure there isn't a problem there.

Thanks for posting the first actual bug report.  :D

Just downloaded the beta file and installed it, and it looks just fine to me.   ???  Anybody else having troubles?

Have you tried re-DL'ing the file?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 08:48:28 pm by Captain Pierce »
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Kaenyne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:39:48 pm »
Hey, Captain!

Yes, I did try a second download and got the same result. Same texture problem on the front of the secondary hull.
"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material."

-Spock

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 06:22:45 pm »
I think what would be best is to post a screenshot of the problem.  That might help to resolve the issue effectively.  Just my two cents.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 06:47:39 pm »
Has anybody else actually bothered to download the damned thing?   :-\  Can I get a shout out from my peeps?  :D

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 06:56:15 pm »
Got school and really can't play any games when school semester is around, although in a few weeks I'll have tons of time.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 08:15:59 pm »
Yes I got all of them from your site And they look fine to me.

Offline QobnuH

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 08:16:40 pm »
Definitely a messed-up texture.. rotated the bmp 90 degrees and remapped to front in milkshape fixed it.
Curiously in milkshape it appeared to be mapped to the right bmp but going vertical instead of horizontal.
Simply  rotating the bmp just didn't fix it.....looks great re-mapped though,great job.

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 08:49:04 pm »
I am so confused right now...   ???

Offline QobnuH

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 09:13:59 pm »
Here's a pic as it shows in mod viewer unzipped from d/l......

looks as it should after above posted procedure...(re-mapped)

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 08:45:27 pm »
Yeah, but the problem is, it doesn't look like that for everybody...  I downloaded the file, unzipped it, and it looks completely normal...  as have StressPuppy and apparently Khalee.  Why is this damn thing doing different things for different people?!?   ???

Offline QobnuH

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 10:48:22 pm »
I'm not sure why this only happens for some..... in game and in taldren mod viewer its  distorted. Looks ok in milkshape window and CV viewer. To get it to look normal in-game (without remapping) I re-sized "H" bmp and lightmap to 64x256 and it seems to work fine now... SFC/OP does like the odd size bmp(75x300).

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 03:36:10 am »
Ok, if anyones having troubles with the textures on trekmod ships there is 1 of 3 things you can do.

1) try re-downloading the file (it could have corrupted during dl)
2) locate the problem texture, and in Photoshop or PSP resize the texture to a power of 2 (example 256x256, or 64x256) and resave it
3) resave as a 24 bit bitmap.

I dont understand why the builders of these ships didnt use textures in powers of 2, but in some cases they, did and that is more than likely the cause of the problems (the odd size textures dont work in some video cards) a simple resize will fix it. Of course letting us know the issue so we can fix the file helps alot.

There are also some cases where the bitmaps weren't saved right (dont ask, i did not build these models). They were saved as 32 bit bitmaps, and that will cause issues in older cards too. Again resave the problem texture as a 24 bit bitmap, and make us aware so we can fix the DL.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 06:13:24 am »
Give me some freakin' credit, Stress--I fixed the 32-bit thing before I released any of these.  :p

Offline Kaenyne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 03:44:49 pm »
I give you credit, dude.   :)

I don't have Photoshop unfortunately.

Could someone send me the corrected texture, please?

-Spock

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 07:50:08 pm »
So, what I'm getting from this thread is that I should be resizing all textures to the familiar (for me, after dealing with Homeworld all these years :) ) to powers of two?

I was under the impression, I guess, that SFC2 didn't care, although I've seen that SFC3 does.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 02:16:29 am »
yea, I had to go through and do this after I ported one of the unreleased klings to BC. And it doesn't help you guys got yourself a case of moonraker syndrome....use less textures damnit ;D