Topic: Iniverse at War  (Read 1960 times)

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
Iniverse at War
« on: April 17, 2006, 02:33:26 pm »
Is there a place I can dl UAW besides Chris Jones' site?  (The UAW file he has up is huge and impossible for me to d/l)

Offline Chris Jones

• MOD PRODUCER
  • Lt.
  • Galaxy Class - as seen in DS9
    • Chris Jones Gaming
Universe at War
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 02:55:30 pm »
Are you on dialup? I've been meaning to break it up into smaller downloads - alas I have not yet. Real life's been kicking me in the *** of late.

There is a single file download at 494 meg. It's that big because of the models used. I'll try and get to it.
..Because the game does not have to, and will not, remain the same..

Celebrating Life!
Favorite TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Iniverse at War
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 03:07:07 pm »
That's the file I've been trying to get at.

No, I have broadband over a wireless connection.  Everytime I try to dl the file it eventually gives me a "Cannot download because the source file could not be read", or simply calls it quits.  It happens at random apparently (first at 39.9 MB, then 168.8 MB, and again at 99.9 MB). 

Oh...sorry for misspelling "Universe" in the topic title >_<

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Universe at War
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 07:46:11 am »
Try using StarDownloader. Do not enable its browser integration though, as it doesn't understand scripted downloads. If trying to download a scripted link start the download in your browser, get the actual url of the download, cancel it, then manually enter the link in stardownloader, it can resume broken downloads, excellent for dialup or other irregular wonky connections.

However you should be able to enter http://www.cugs.org/downloads/UAW1File06.exe directly in stardownloader with no troubles.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 08:07:58 am by Bonk »

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 06:16:29 pm »
Wow, I don't usually like DL Accelerators, (They eat up the site hosting the Dls bandwidth) but daaaamn.

I'm gonna have to hang onto this for emergencies.

Sucessfully DL'd and installed, thanks for the aid.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 07:43:35 pm »
You're welcome.

You can set the number of download streams in stardownloader so that you do not put extra strain on the server as well. (I find the extra streams do not provide any acceleration on dial-up anyway.) I treat Stardownloader as a download manager for large downloads, its nice to be able to pause a download, browse for a while, then resume the download... that sort of thing. Plus the scheduler and automatic hangup can come in handy too.