Topic: Mirror Server Q&A  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
Mirror Server Q&A
« on: February 14, 2005, 08:46:29 pm »
Tentative start date- Midway through March _ I have no idea if I'm stepping on anyones toes, hopefull someone will let me know
Aproximate running time- 2 weeks, covering 4 years
Interfaces -Likely Klingon and fed
Aliies? None, all allied races will use the same shiplist as the main Empires.
Shiplist -this one kinda bugs me, I already have been told that if the list favours one side over another
           that people won't be playing.
           The shiplist *starts* as the exact same. Meeting certain conditions gains you
            access to different ships (ie CX)  before your opponent gets them
Map- About Gw4 size, managed to delte it twice already (anyone really enjoy making maps? I hate it)
The two halves of the Empire are reflections of each other. No side gets more econ, better allies, or anything different to start out with

VP's -Based on 1) PVP kills
                      2) Placement of bases in enemy territory.
Or just wipe the other guy off the map, Ill give you a win for that as well.

PF's?
None
Fighters?  _Maybe(likley), Megapacks wille xit, but will be massively toned down
Website and/or fancy stuff? Have to sweet talk Kroma, kinda been putting it off  ;D
Ship restrictions? Dn/CVD/ BCH are build ships.
Don't fly a Dn if you like PVP
I'm thinking of bonus VP points if you don't build a DN and limit the heavy metal on your side.

-Now other stuff I've been asked-
Why are the Empires the same? In book blah blah blah...
The Empires are the same as I (like some others) are tired of hearing about shiplist complaints
Yes I think the Terran ships would bea  bit different, no I don't care if someone wrote that the Teran ships were much more heavily armed than thier counterparts.
I'm hoping this can be a fun server with no shiplist complaints. Hopefulla  PVP fun for everyone type server.

Whens KCW going to run?

After I get this under my belt and (likely) Lyran Civil War. I know alot of people are (were at least) looking forwad to it and I want to make sure it works

Are you really one of the best pilots around

Yes, I am now.

Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Re: Mirror Server Q&A
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 09:24:31 pm »
To hell with all that, the real question is how many CBs will I have access too? You simply can't have enough.

XOXOXO,
Kroma

PS, I'll be glad to setup your website.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 09:46:22 pm »

Why are the Empires the same? In book blah blah blah...

Don't let it bug you.  In "Mirror Mirror", the bad-Fed Enterprise was exactly the same as the good-Fed Enterprise.  (The exception being the death beam in Kirk's quarters, but if bad-Feds want to run with less than maximum crew compliments, that' is their own affair.)

Shiplist -this one kinda bugs me, I already have been told that if the list favours one side over another
           The shiplist *starts* as the exact same. Meeting certain conditions gains you
            access to different ships (ie CX)  before your opponent gets them

Don't let it bug you.  As long as both sides start evenly and have an equal understanding of what is required to get a jump on tech, you've done your job as an admin.  My only urging would be to make the tech advantage an advantage, not a behemoth.  RDSL went way too far with the tech advantage, in my opinion.

-S'Cipio

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 09:51:49 pm »
Tentative start date- Midway through March _ I have no idea if I'm stepping on anyones toes, hopefull someone will let me know

ALRIGHT!!  I was in Florida.  I just got yer PM!!

Sheesh.

Anywho.   Yeah, if you can get M2 (You like that don't ya.) started before 3/15.  It shoudl go first.  If you think it'll take longer than that then there is time for GW5 to go first.  COmpletely up to you.  I honestly have no preference.  As for other servers in planning . . .   <shrugs>  Waiting to hear.  I'm flexible on GW planning.   Not like I'm leaving the country soon or anything.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 10:45:19 pm »
 Not like I'm leaving the country soon or anything.

I just spoke to some brothers who have a sister in Tijuana.  They were quite insistent that you were leaving the country soon, and would never be quite "free" again.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 11:09:30 pm »

works for me

Interfaces -Likely Klingon and fed

ok I guess

Aliies? None, all allied races will use the same shiplist as the main Empires.
           The shiplist *starts* as the exact same. 

See good things come from listening to Chuut  ;)

Meeting certain conditions gains you access to different ships (ie CX)  before your opponent gets them

And bad things from not  :o, but might be ok if the X ships are toned down a bit more, making them simply minor refits along the lines of other ship refits, ie, a couple points of power and some minor weapons, defense improvement.  Still I'm not really fond of this idea as it has the potential for snowballing.

Map- About Gw4 size, managed to delte it twice already (anyone really enjoy making maps? I hate it)
The two halves of the Empire are reflections of each other. No side gets more econ, better allies, or anything different to start out with

Again, good boy for listening to Chuut  ;)  I do think you could do some minor map adjustments however to reflect some of the planets the terrans bombed back to the stoneage, and making up for that with other areas where forced labor made other planets more productive.

VP's -Based on 1) PVP kills
                      2) Placement of bases in enemy territory.
Or just wipe the other guy off the map, Ill give you a win for that as well.

Not enough details to comment yet.  ???

PF's?[/b] None

:thumbsup:

Fighters?  _Maybe(likley), Megapacks wille xit, but will be massively toned down

"Megapacks wille xit"  WTF do you mean here will exist?  or will exit?  if you use em I suggest ZERO deck crews.

Website and/or fancy stuff? Have to sweet talk Kroma, kinda been putting it off  ;D
Ship restrictions? Dn/CVD/ BCH are build ships.
Don't fly a Dn if you like PVP

Works

I'm thinking of bonus VP points if you don't build a DN and limit the heavy metal on your side.

interesting

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 11:24:02 pm »
Not like I'm leaving the country soon or anything.

I just spoke to some brothers who have a sister in Tijuana.  They were quite insistent that you were leaving the country soon, and would never be quite "free" again.

-S'Cipio

NOT FUNNY!!  NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!

<shudder>

I wonder how Rosa Marie is doing . . .  hmmmm.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 05:49:20 am »
Megapacks wille xit -it means Megapacks wille xit

Sheesh, I see Chuuts'a another fine product of the American public shcool system.

It's uhmm, OK it's a really messed up typing .

Megapacks will exist, probably will be using DH's modified fighters.
We'll see how they work on his fun server first though.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 06:35:08 am »
Yes Hexx is definately from a Can of Duh!....... ;)

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 03:06:54 pm »

What years in the timeline were you thinking of having the campaign run in?  The ship class choices will be limited depending on what years you choose, the later in the timeline the more ships there will be to choose from, of course.

And if you are going with the 4-year scenario, might I suggest a 16-day run?  Say Friday noonish thru Sunday noonish + a few hours to make up for downtime.  That way we have 4 days = 1 year. Just easier to do the math in one's head. ;)
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy