Topic: Playoffs (Winter '04-'05 Season)  (Read 11076 times)

762_XC

Re: Playoffs (Winter '04-'05 Season)
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 03:58:45 pm »
Since Ronin and Payne are AWOL I am pretty much acting fleet rep for =SoV=.  :-\

=SoV= votes option A.

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 06:10:14 pm »
A
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 06:55:02 pm »
I must say I'm concerned at how this vote seems to be turning out.  I don't think the teams with worse records should be rewarded for them by being allowed to enter the playoffs and have a chance at actually winning the championship.  By allowing these teams into the playoffs it detracts from what the teams with better records have accomplished in the regular season their records should count for and mean something in the overall scheme of the league.  If we go about the playoffs in this way, then what is the point of having a season why not just have a tournament and skip the season?

I'm sorry but this seems wrong to me and members of my team that I have discussed it with.
Former Federation A/RM SFC2.NET
Former Federation RM SFC2.NET
Hydran A/RM LB4
Interim Federation RM GW3
Federation RM GW4

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 07:30:06 pm »
I must say I'm concerned at how this vote seems to be turning out.  I don't think the teams with worse records should be rewarded for them by being allowed to enter the playoffs and have a chance at actually winning the championship.  By allowing these teams into the playoffs it detracts from what the teams with better records have accomplished in the regular season their records should count for and mean something in the overall scheme of the league.  If we go about the playoffs in this way, then what is the point of having a season why not just have a tournament and skip the season?

I'm sorry but this seems wrong to me and members of my team that I have discussed it with.

Hmm they do count for bracketing. The point of the season and playoffs is for having fun playing SFC. Don't worry though your vote gets counted like everyone elses.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2005, 09:13:59 pm »

Hmm they do count for bracketing. The point of the season and playoffs is for having fun playing SFC. Don't worry though your vote gets counted like everyone elses.

Just voicing my opinion Kroma (typing it actually I know how technical you like to get) thanks for noticing and having a problem with it as usual.  ::)

Hydran A/RM LB4
Federation RM GW4

762_XC

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005, 09:28:15 pm »
I still think the home court advantage (choosing terrain) idea is a good one.

That said, given the disparity in the records I don't think the first place teams have much to worry about in the first round.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2005, 09:51:25 pm »

Just voicing my opinion Kroma (typing it actually I know how technical you like to get) thanks for noticing and having a problem with it as usual.  ::)

So it is alright for you to voice your opinion, but not me if mine differs from yours? Where did I say I had a problem with you voicing your opinion exactly? You implied that the regular season was meaningless with option A, I merely pointed out that it still served a purpose besides being fun. You even used a question mark inviting response. Next time let us know if you only meant agreeable responses. Lighten up.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2005, 10:01:23 pm »
9th votes option B.

Regular season should mean something.

With option A...  you think this was hockey, and look where hockey is now.

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 10:28:46 pm »

So it is alright for you to voice your opinion, but not me if mine differs from yours?

It certainly is OK for you to voice your opinion I have no problem with it at all whether it differs from mine or notl.  It just seems you really really like to "incite debate" when it comes to anything I post.

You implied that the regular season was meaningless with option A, I merely pointed out that it still served a purpose besides being fun

I agree that the regular season is/was fun, however it is MY FEELING that it doesn't serve much of a purpose other then for fun if every fleet makes the playoffs (yes, there are the brackets, I don't feel like that's enough).

You even used a question mark inviting response. Next time let us know if you only meant agreeable responses. Lighten up.

I'll lighten up as soon as you stop busting my balls every chance you get.
Hydran A/RM LB4
Federation RM GW4

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2005, 10:38:11 pm »
It certainly is OK for you to voice your opinion I have no problem with it at all whether it differs from mine at all.  It just seems you really really like to "incite debate" when it comes to anything I post.

I simply stated a differring opinion to yours, which I am known to do to many more people besides yourself.

I'll lighten up as soon as you stop busting my balls every chance you get.

LOL...It is because of your often tight-arsed attitude that I so enjoy busting your balls though.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2005, 03:47:23 pm »
I must say I'm concerned at how this vote seems to be turning out. I don't think the teams with worse records should be rewarded for them by being allowed to enter the playoffs and have a chance at actually winning the championship. By allowing these teams into the playoffs it detracts from what the teams with better records have accomplished in the regular season their records should count for and mean something in the overall scheme of the league. If we go about the playoffs in this way, then what is the point of having a season why not just have a tournament and skip the season?

Lets just be honest here im sure that everyone here have the same opinion with u Bach.
Its obvious that the option B is the right and fair setup for the playoffs.
Its the option that is closer to the previous cycles setup and even if Dfly f.ex voted option A he made it clear what option he beleive is the right one.

Im sure everyone had in mind before Kel came with that new idea that the first 2 place fleets of each division would have the right to be qualified at the playoffs.
We did some PBR modifications before the cycle begins but the rules and setup we followed was from the previous gz-cycles.

Now Kel's new setup suggestion came up almost in the middle of the regular season and thats just wrong.
His main inspiration to suggest this rule was that comparing to previous cycles fleets with worse records that knew they wouldnt make it to the playoffs there was further dis-incentive to finish the regular season.
We all agree there were some fleets that didnt have any chance to qualify to the playoffs after some regular season matches and so there wasnt any goal for them to fight further   but with option A all fleets havent got any goal to fight for as they will qualify anyway.
However,option B gives even to the fleet that is currently in 4th place the chance to fight for the 3rdplace and hope for playoffs qualification until the final  match of the season.Basicly every fleets record and place will have a meaning.

No the home court advantage (choosing terrain) idea is not a good one.Not only for the 3rd match(if there ll be any) but even for the 3 games just because the terrain type doesnt give any advantage or disadvantage to anyone.
Only nebula would give an advantage to the plasma race fleets but we dont use neb anyway.

Fun??? Sorry i though this is a Patrol Battle Rules Divisional Championship League and not a playground.
Besides im sure everyone of u has more fun(yeah i know we all have fun win or loose but thats not my point here) when playing for something ,the win or defeat has a meaning and the heartbeating begins...

That vote should be done before the regular season begins cause fleets vote according to their current record and their chance they have for the playoffs and not what they beleive is the right one(see Dfly).

The moderator already brought this new option ,thought and found some supporters so we should respect the vote outcome in any case.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2005, 08:37:57 pm »
I must say I'm concerned at how this vote seems to be turning out. I don't think the teams with worse records should be rewarded for them by being allowed to enter the playoffs and have a chance at actually winning the championship. By allowing these teams into the playoffs it detracts from what the teams with better records have accomplished in the regular season their records should count for and mean something in the overall scheme of the league. If we go about the playoffs in this way, then what is the point of having a season why not just have a tournament and skip the season?

Lets just be honest here im sure that everyone here have the same opinion with u Bach.
Its obvious that the option B is the right and fair setup for the playoffs.
Its the option that is closer to the previous cycles setup and even if Dfly f.ex voted option A he made it clear what option he beleive is the right one.

Im sure everyone had in mind before Kel came with that new idea that the first 2 place fleets of each division would have the right to be qualified at the playoffs.
We did some PBR modifications before the cycle begins but the rules and setup we followed was from the previous gz-cycles.

Now Kel's new setup suggestion came up almost in the middle of the regular season and thats just wrong.
His main inspiration to suggest this rule was that comparing to previous cycles fleets with worse records that knew they wouldnt make it to the playoffs there was further dis-incentive to finish the regular season.
We all agree there were some fleets that didnt have any chance to qualify to the playoffs after some regular season matches and so there wasnt any goal for them to fight further   but with option A all fleets havent got any goal to fight for as they will qualify anyway.
However,option B gives even to the fleet that is currently in 4th place the chance to fight for the 3rdplace and hope for playoffs qualification until the final  match of the season.Basicly every fleets record and place will have a meaning.

No the home court advantage (choosing terrain) idea is not a good one.Not only for the 3rd match(if there ll be any) but even for the 3 games just because the terrain type doesnt give any advantage or disadvantage to anyone.
Only nebula would give an advantage to the plasma race fleets but we dont use neb anyway.

Fun??? Sorry i though this is a Patrol Battle Rules Divisional Championship League and not a playground.
Besides im sure everyone of u has more fun(yeah i know we all have fun win or loose but thats not my point here) when playing for something ,the win or defeat has a meaning and the heartbeating begins...

That vote should be done before the regular season begins cause fleets vote according to their current record and their chance they have for the playoffs and not what they beleive is the right one(see Dfly).

The moderator already brought this new option ,thought and found some supporters so we should respect the vote outcome in any case.

Let me make a few things clear.  I voted A because our team voted A.  I said I would be fine with B if it were to be the one chosen, not that I beleive B to be the proper way as you say I implied.

"We all agree there were some fleets that didnt have any chance to qualify to the playoffs after some regular season matches and so there wasnt any goal for them to fight further   but with option A all fleets havent got any goal to fight for as they will qualify anyway."
with option A, I dont see how ALL FLEETS havent got any goal, as positioning is all important.
However,option B gives even to the fleet that is currently in 4th place the chance to fight for the 3rdplace and hope for playoffs qualification until the final  match of the seasonWell, it just so happens that our last 2 matches mean nothing for us or our counterparts as We(TSC) cannot change the outcome of the positioning of any fleets at this time.  I have not checked the other last place fleet, but I doubt they will change any outcome of their remaining matches as well.  If this option is taken, fleets like TSC for ex. may as well not even bother to schedule or show up for our last matches.

I do agree with  you on the terrain not being any advantage or disadvantage as a home team thing.  That has very little to do with ship choosing etc, except in Nebula, as you stated, which we dont fly.

And yes, we should support the vote outcome in any case, as was the reason for my saying I will support option B IF IT IS THE ONE VOTED IN.  I am sorry to disagree with your tactics of voicing your opinion again after the voting has started and has yet to finish.  Your, and anyone else's opinion, should have all been before the actual vote, or after, not during(it seems maybe after this post, myself should be included in it, but thought the point should be brought up is all).  The fact that you voiced your opinion again when the votes are leaning towards an A option seems like you are trying to influence the remaining votes, even if that was not your goal.

Either way, it was  FUN flying here in this cycle, and there are actually teams that fly for fun here, not just for winning.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2005, 10:29:13 pm »

Either way, it was  FUN flying here in this cycle, and there are actually teams that fly for fun here, not just for winning.

Trust me Dfly, there are some that simply cannot understand this concept, and assume everyone else thinks as they do.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

762_XC

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2005, 12:12:12 am »
Looks like we still need a vote from KHH.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2005, 05:22:48 am »
Let me make a few things clear. I voted A because our team voted A. I said I would be fine with B if it were to be the one chosen, not that I beleive B to be the proper way as you say I implied.
I agree with Butcher's idea of playoffs even though I am on a 4th place team with little or no chance of making the playoffs. Kel's idea is good too. The only suggestion I can make for Butcher's idea is to have the 2nd place Alpha play the 3rd place Delta, and the 2nd place Delta to play the 3rd place Alpha, just to show a bit more interaction between the Quadrants.

::)
So yes: if Dfly f.ex voted option A he made it clear what option he beleive is the right one.

TSC prefers option A, only because it guarantees 4th place a chance in the playoffs. Do remember that 4th place in either division would most likely have been beaten by nearly every fleet it faced.

if option B is to be chosen, TSC has no problem with that.
::)
So yes: that vote should be done before the regular season begins cause fleets vote according to their current record and their chance they have for the playoffs and not what they beleive is the right one(see Dfly).

Either way, it was FUN flying here in this cycle, and there are actually teams that fly for fun here, not just for winning.

Trust me Dfly, there are some that simply cannot understand this concept, and assume everyone else thinks as they do.

The fact that you voiced your opinion again when the votes are leaning towards an A option seems like you are trying to influence the remaining votes, even if that was not your goal.

:o who me influence KHH vote???  :rofl:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 07:45:19 am by [ISC]Butcher »

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2005, 08:14:44 am »
9th votes option B.

Regular season should mean something.

With option A...  you think this was hockey, and look where hockey is now.

Hate to blow your bubble Nomad, but hockey has barely 1/2 of the teams making the playoffs.  How many teams , around 30ish, and 16 of them will make the playoffs.

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2005, 09:47:56 am »
Oh yeah, they have a lot more teams in hockey now.
(Maybe that is why they are having all the financial troubles.)

I was thinking back to the 80's when they had 5 or 6 teams in a division and 4 made the playoffs.
That is when I used to watch it once in a while.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2005, 09:59:18 am »
looks like KHH dont want to vote although they should in order to finally end with a setup the majority wants.
We r in the end of the reg season and we should already have put a timeline of the fleets to vote.

Offline KHH-MiniMe

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2005, 05:38:24 pm »
KHH votes option .......A   the one with all participating

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2005, 06:13:47 pm »
KHH votes option .......A   the one with all participating

Cool, so we have our decision. Option A it is.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma