Topic: A positive thread?  (Read 2757 times)

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
A positive thread?
« on: April 15, 2005, 11:30:01 am »
Just thought that with quite a few "heated" discussions on other threads I'd post a few thought about the various groups on the D2 in a more positive light.

The Klingons, I have to say I am truly impressed with their ability to hold a large group together for so long and mostly under one fleet banner, that of the KBF.  This shows a certain loyalty and friendship that they can and should take pride in.  The KHH is a newer arrival, but from all my indications they have been welcomed with open arms in a way that has the same appearance of closeness that the KAT & KOTH have shared.  The KHH themselves seem to have brought a sense of fun with them in their short stay and their offer to switch sides on GW5 was a sure indicator of this.

The ISC,  They have tolerated "uber" remarks more than any other race and have had many servers not including their ships, yet I have seen several of their normal pilots flying other races ships will skill enough to vindicate any thoughts that they needed a "PPD crutch".

The Hydrans,  What can I say about the determination of this group.  Though never in large numbers and often cut off from their allies on the map as a product of the historical setup, the dedicated in this group keep appearing dyna after dyna in their efforts to bring their empire into contact with its allies.  What other group has spent so much time starting off cut off alone and behind the eightball, server after server.  I salute their resoluteness.

The Gorn, Their sense of fun knows no bounds, long an underplayed race they have actually grown to a degree while other races have declined.  Their humor, entertaining nature on voice comms and their willingness to do the little dirty jobs on the D2 have provided a banner that some have rallied around.  They have also largely kept themselves free of becoming overly committed to any Alliance/Coalition axis spreading themselves upon the winds of the Dynaverse either collectively or individually.

The Romulans, Strangely enough I admire their silence.  When others get upset on the forums and post server arm chair quarterbacking is the nature of things, its usually a Romulan pilot who makes the first good server congratulations to our opponents (whether they won or lost) with no more explanation, no excuses and no gloating.  They are a very class act.

The Lyrans, They tolerate Hexx, we are talking serious Martyrs here  ;)  Seriously though, here is another race that has been underplayed but has had better recent showing.  I think the sense of fun of this group has served them well, much like the Gorn.  Additionally this group seems to capture the interest of guest players from other races more than any other.  Its almost as if players are looking at the back doors or their race/fleet headquarters and looking for the chance to slip out unnoticed so they can go and fly Lyran. 

The Federation:  When I first entered the D2 community the Federation seemed to be the first stop for new players, some stayed and some moved on to other races.  The work the Federation leadership did in making them feel welcome despite being new is a credit to them as I'd venture many of our current group began wearing spandex.  Recently the influx of new players has subsided, in fact nearly disappeared, but what I do see is a more skilled federation pilot core.  The leaders are taking that time they had to spend in the past on coordinating the difficult mass that was their player base, and training them and turning out some fine pilots. 

The Kzinti:  These are my brothers, their sense of fun knows no bounds.  The Kzinti players are felines and the whole D2 is like a ball of yarn.  We might let it sit on the floor unoticed from time to time, but when no one is looking we will start playing and make a big time of it, as others shake their heads and laugh not exactly sure what to make of it but appreciating the good time.

The Independents:  I salute each and every one of you.  You have moved from race to race with every campaign having fun and friendship with one and all.  You have seen the best and worst of each of the racial groups and still you grace each one of us with your presence from time to time playing no favorites other than diversity and fun.

The Tholians:  Maverick go bake me a pie!   ;D

P.S.  Your own similar posts are welcome   ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 11:42:31 am by KAT Chuut-Ritt »

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Re: A positive thread?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 11:43:38 am »
You left out the part about the Gorn being the most gorgous, of course that could be due to Scipio and Agave bring down the curve.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline WarSears

• <MEAN FACE> @ Nail
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:54:52 am »
Nice post Chuut. :thumbsup:
War-Sears
Klingon Black Fleet

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 12:48:05 pm »
Just thought that with quite a few "heated" discussions on other threads I'd post a few thought about the various groups on the D2 in a more positive light.

The Klingons, I have to say I am truly impressed with their ability to hold a large group together for so long and mostly under one fleet banner, that of the KBF.  This shows a certain loyalty and friendship that they can and should take pride in.  The KHH is a newer arrival, but from all my indications they have been welcomed with open arms in a way that has the same appearance of closeness that the KAT & KOTH have shared.  The KHH themselves seem to have brought a sense of fun with them in their short stay and their offer to switch sides on GW5 was a sure indicator of this.

The ISC,  They have tolerated "uber" remarks more than any other race and have had many servers not including their ships, yet I have seen several of their normal pilots flying other races ships will skill enough to vindicate any thoughts that they needed a "PPD crutch".

The Hydrans,  What can I say about the determination of this group.  Though never in large numbers and often cut off from their allies on the map as a product of the historical setup, the dedicated in this group keep appearing dyna after dyna in their efforts to bring their empire into contact with its allies.  What other group has spent so much time starting off cut off alone and behind the eightball, server after server.  I salute their resoluteness.

The Gorn, Their sense of fun knows no bounds, long an underplayed race they have actually grown to a degree while other races have declined.  Their humor, entertaining nature on voice comms and their willingness to do the little dirty jobs on the D2 have provided a banner that some have rallied around.  They have also largely kept themselves free of becoming overly committed to any Alliance/Coalition axis spreading themselves upon the winds of the Dynaverse either collectively or individually.

The Romulans, Strangely enough I admire their silence.  When others get upset on the forums and post server arm chair quarterbacking is the nature of things, its usually a Romulan pilot who makes the first good server congratulations to our opponents (whether they won or lost) with no more explanation, no excuses and no gloating.  They are a very class act.

The Lyrans, They tolerate Hexx, we are talking serious Martyrs here  ;)  Seriously though, here is another race that has been underplayed but has had better recent showing.  I think the sense of fun of this group has served them well, much like the Gorn.  Additionally this group seems to capture the interest of guest players from other races more than any other.  Its almost as if players are looking at the back doors or their race/fleet headquarters and looking for the chance to slip out unnoticed so they can go and fly Lyran. 

The Federation:  When I first entered the D2 community the Federation seemed to be the first stop for new players, some stayed and some moved on to other races.  The work the Federation leadership did in making them feel welcome despite being new is a credit to them as I'd venture many of our current group began wearing spandex.  Recently the influx of new players has subsided, in fact nearly disappeared, but what I do see is a more skilled federation pilot core.  The leaders are taking that time they had to spend in the past on coordinating the difficult mass that was their player base, and training them and turning out some fine pilots. 

The Kzinti:  These are my brothers, their sense of fun knows no bounds.  The Kzinti players are felines and the whole D2 is like a ball of yarn.  We might let it sit on the floor unoticed from time to time, but when no one is looking we will start playing and make a big time of it, as others shake their heads and laugh not exactly sure what to make of it but appreciating the good time.

The Independents:  I salute each and every one of you.  You have moved from race to race with every campaign having fun and friendship with one and all.  You have seen the best and worst of each of the racial groups and still you grace each one of us with your presence from time to time playing no favorites other than diversity and fun.

You left out the part about us Kzinti being the Hardest, Toughest S.O.B,s in existence, I mean
Lets face it, Those Lyran Pussies would,nt stand a chance and the Gorn  -  Bawahahahhhaha   Way Too Slowwwwwwww
Klingon Warriors - Hydran Dwarves - ROFL

Yes Yes,
I think that should get me severely beaten next time on the Dyna
   ;D ;D ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy. Now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!...Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder

Offline Mog

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 01:09:09 pm »
Unlikely Davey as I've heard you're extremely good at running  :P
Merriment is All

Fear the Meow!

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 01:28:33 pm »
  If I were younger or it was 1999 or when EAW first came out I would tried several different races however I am not only on the Alliance side.I see myself putting atleast 5 or 6 years into this hopefully it will last that long or longer.The reason I chose Federation is because it would of been the last race I would of played if I were a veteran D2er and I am in a Fed. Fleet.

This is alway true though as I am new to the Federation as well as some others and it is not as easy as playing it in single.I will always remeber what you all told me about that and appreciate it.

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 02:52:16 pm »
Unlikely Davey as I've heard you're extremely good at running  :P

Blasphemy and Lyran Propaganda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigh
But True  ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy. Now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!...Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder

Offline KDS-KYTARH

• KLINGON since SFC-1
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • KDS-KYTARH Captain C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 03:09:54 pm »
And lets not forget some of the odd cross fleet friendships. Hondo a Fed and I were often seen causing laughter on both sides in threads we used to have out here as I was often the one that came to his rescue when the Federation decided to crack down on him. Many a time i had to meet Hondo and the USS Love Machine at the border in some deep part of space to off load his supply of booze and big breasted yeoman so they would not be confiscated. Thats not counting the times his hot tub was locked away in my cargo hold until an inspection team left his ship.

Oh and I did NOT kidnap  Nurse Leather, she decided to stay on my ship of her own free will.

Ahh those were the good old days.
KDS-KYTARH
KLINGON DARK SLAYERS

Captain of the Klingon Heavy Cruiser C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
Last of the Klingon Dark Slayers
KDS Sword of Honor recipient
Commander KDS Vengeance Squadron
Field Marshal GW4

Surrender is NOT an option!

Offline KDS-KYTARH

• KLINGON since SFC-1
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • KDS-KYTARH Captain C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 03:10:36 pm »
And lets not forget some of the odd cross fleet friendships. Hondo a Fed and I were often seen causing laughter on both sides in threads we used to have out here as I was often the one that came to his rescue when the Federation decided to crack down on him. Many a time i had to meet Hondo and the USS Love Machine at the border in some deep part of space to off load his supply of booze and big breasted yeoman so they would not be confiscated. Thats not counting the times his hot tub was locked away in my cargo hold until an inspection team left his ship.

Oh and I did NOT kidnap  Nurse Leather, she decided to stay on my ship of her own free will.

Ahh those were the good old days.
KDS-KYTARH
KLINGON DARK SLAYERS

Captain of the Klingon Heavy Cruiser C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
Last of the Klingon Dark Slayers
KDS Sword of Honor recipient
Commander KDS Vengeance Squadron
Field Marshal GW4

Surrender is NOT an option!

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 03:29:14 pm »
I miss Hondo, too. He was not only a good pilot and wingman, his RP threads were hysterical. GWarlock is another one I miss, hearing his drunken serenades on RW was priceless, because they were so awful. ;)

Jeff, for things I can't mention due to the fact he might get in trouble with his local law enforcement.  ;D

C-Los, for things I can't mention due to the fact he might get in trouble with his wife.  ::)

Deadman, for his very dry sense of humor, which is my favorite kind.   :D

Most of all, thanks to all of you, for making this a great place to hang out for the last 4 years.  :woot:

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 03:31:30 pm »
Why is this beginning to sound like a funeral dirge?

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 04:42:07 pm »

NOW THIS IS THE KIND OF POST I JUST DETEST!!  WE HAVE GONE OUT OF OUR WAY TO POST NOTHING BUT BITCHY AND MOANING POSTSAND YOU GO AND POST THIS FEEL-GOOD, LOVE THY NEIGHBOR CRAP!!  I'M SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW I'M SEEING COLORS!!  ;D  ;D  Or was it that bottle of tequila I've been sucking on for the last few hours??   ;)  (sicko bait sentence)

THE BRUCE RULE!!

Wait, something's wrong with that...........

LET THE BROWN STAIN COMMENCE!!

No, no, that's not it...............

I ALWAYS KNEW CHUUT WAS A TIGER AT HEART!!

Nah, Clem sons family is big enough with all those cousins....................

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

<runs away severly emotionally stressed>

One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 04:46:11 pm »
Yeah, yeah, I know I'm an ass.

Sue me!!   (J'inn bait sentence)

Well timed post there Chuutster, aka Gandhi of SFC

;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D    ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D

One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 06:07:40 pm »
Death to the Lyran Star Empire (ummm i mean Hated Ones)  ;D
and to the Klingons  :D
and the Romulans  ;)

oh well, Anyway
SFC has been a mega gaming extravaganza, ALL OF IT

Loved the VG, Dyna, gs   Good Friends   sooooooo  much History to SFB

A Question
Where do i get some SFB stuff in the UK ?

p.s
i,m a greenhorn compered to yu guys  :o

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 06:21:30 pm »

Because that's how it reads.....
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 06:24:26 pm »

You left out the part about us Kzinti being the Hardest, Toughest S.O.B,s in existence, I mean
Lets face it, Those Lyran Pussies would,nt stand a chance - ROF

TT lifts his head from a purrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect snooze,ears a twitching,thinking he heard something.....but alas,it was nothing.must have been a rat.   note to mutt,do a better job of killing the rats on his boat :troll:

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 10:27:13 pm »
aka Gandhi of SFC

LMAO  just reminded me of Ujin's wedding with that remark, and our friend walking naked through the hotel lobby right up to the desk and asking the poor girl on duty if she had an extra key for his room  as he seemed to have misplaced his.     ;D

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 11:02:14 pm »

If it is...let it be the death of past grievence. ;)