Topic: Summer League Signup and Rules  (Read 9416 times)

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
Summer League Signup and Rules
« on: April 20, 2005, 07:04:52 pm »
Im going to try and host it on Case's Ladder. League will start once the current GW  Dyna ends and end 24 hours before the next GW starts.

2 v 2 teams.

There is a tourney feature so we can set up weekly Koth events as well. Kroma-Director?

***TO SIGNUP
You'll need to sign up with an account at Case's ladder which is free.

Starleagues is at the following HTTP http://www.myleague.com/teamsl/

I just signed up...pretty straight forward you get an activation key and your off.

You can then go to Team Signup and as the team captain you can add players on your team. I would suggest due to the low level of players we keep teams to 2 man rosters (you can add more if you need to backfill wings).

FAQs
http://www.igl.net/faq/

I guess the next step after that is agree on the Rules.

I thought we'd role the clock back on the game some, here are some of my suggestions but they are open for debate.

Players can meet on GSA, or any agreed to IM. The league does have a built in chat client if you like and you can launch via IP from there.

1. Open Race, you can ask for Declared as a Handshake rule.
2. Games are played in Early-Late era wtih no X-Tech.....X-Tech is allowed as a Handshake option.
3. Rooms should be labled SL (this will freak the Cugs guys and be real funny)
4 Terms- Terms at the begining of the game are determined by negotiating BPVs...We can offer bpvs and any increment (ie 152, 200, 202) Teams can lay out all their bpvs at once.
5 Scenario based games are allowed as a handshake Rule.
6. OP4.0 is the defacto standard ship list. Due to the nature of ladder games any new concept lists will be considered for use.
7. PBR Rules are optional but encouraged. This allows both teams to agree on a bpv, then select theri race based on that BPV.
8. If terms cannot be reached in 15 min players can ask for a "Mirror Match" a chart of Mirror Matchups will be used. The team on the higher rung will provide the challenging team with 3 races to choose from The Challenger will select one race of the 3 and both teams will fly identical race and ships.

Sample Chart

Chart 1
Klingons C7
Fed BCF
Gorn BCHs
Lyran BCHP
Hydran BARs (with Hornet III)
ROM KHKs
ISC CCZ

9. All matches are flown as 2 man teams...however 3 v 3 is allowed if both sides agree.
10. above rung 5 all matches must be recorded and a copy of the final report from each team should be screen shot and kept in case of dispute. All disputes are to be reported after the match and all film and Screen shots should be provided at that time.
11. All games will be reported and confirmed immediatly after the game, unless there is a dispute.

More Mirror charts can be used and even changed from week to week, however all playes will be able to see whats comming and whats available at all time.

The nature of the rules for the ladder should be to measure player knowledge of all races and ships in the game and to test player skill. I'll leave the pure race configurations for the other variations of the game.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 11:27:19 am by KHH-Slider »

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Summer League Signup and Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 10:19:20 am »
bump

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 10:38:12 am »
ok, signing up

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 12:09:23 pm »
I guess the battle for number 1 begins tonight.

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Summer League Signup and Rules
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 09:03:15 am »
Battle for Rung 1

iCoP vs KHH

Whens good for you guys?. :)

DH, KROMA, 762 you guys wanna join in?

Offline KHH-MiniMe

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 06:17:33 pm »
I'm signed up

Offline KBF-Netman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 03:27:53 am »
I'm signed up, sounds like fun

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 06:43:01 am »
hailz slider......i have made a team ,but unforunately typed to quick.  could you correct this for me or p.m. me as to how this can be fixed .i tried it ,but got error.team name should read FarStar Demons,where i have the a and the r reversed.

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 09:01:57 am »
Done. TT. I checked KHH too since spelling seems to be a maladay of all KHH members past and present.

(Check out Team Editor on the left of the screen, tell me what options it gives you. If its like mine you can control your team settings from there.)

Netman did you want to join iCoP or are you forming your own 2 man team.

All teams are unranked untill they have their first battle i the books.

Slidr.

;)

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 07:00:06 pm »
thx slider  :)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 07:59:14 pm »
Done. TT. I checked KHH too since spelling seems to be a maladay of all KHH members past and present.
Slidr.

;)

True nuff.

How'd I spell it?

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 05:42:36 pm »
heya slider...i tried to see what teams were signed up,so we can get this trukey rolling......but the closest i could get is   teams stats,of which there are none   .who do you view what teams exist,so challenges can be made.....speaking of that,to the teams that are signed up.FSD is open for business.what say you KHH?????? sometime this upcomong weekend? i can assure you of at least 2 players for 2v2,possibly enough for 2  two v two's  <====is this allowed??? or do we just swap players as the night progresses?

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 05:46:30 pm »
heya slider...i tried to see what teams were signed up,so we can get this trukey rolling......but the closest i could get is   teams stats,of which there are none   .who do you view what teams exist,so challenges can be made.....speaking of that,to the teams that are signed up.FSD is open for business.what say you KHH?????? sometime this upcomong weekend? i can assure you of at least 2 players for 2v2,possibly enough for 2  two v two's  <====is this allowed??? or do we just swap players as the night progresses?

I think it's Shadowlord's turn to schedule things....

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 07:32:29 pm »
I think we can go with single game reporting. (leave best of 3 or 7 Dyna league) yea you can start as soon as you  have min players in your team (2).

After you have a match in the books the stats start keeping track. So right now Rung 1 is open for grabs.

Offline KHH-MiniMe

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 07:48:47 pm »
Yo TT

We can definately hook some games up.....when's good for you all?
Were you considering fielding two teams from FSD? I'm not sure if or how that would work though...because the pilots couldn't really float between the two teams....and I'm sure there are alot of other issues to be considered.

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 09:20:57 am »
TT there are 3 teams so far, FDS iCoP and KHH.

Ruprs been away so maybe I'll draft Netman, unless he had other plans to play with someone else.

The stats begin when we log games. I'll look for the best way to see a list of all the team...this is a new site for me as well so feel free to share if you find it before I do.

I've found that at the site you can join a Teamsl chat room right from the league web page, very cool if you dont like GSA and prefer IP games.

The captain can change the logos, look and feel of the site as well as add and remove players. When you get tired you can pass on the responsibility to another player.

The site has a Tourney program. This looks pretty cool as well but you have to sign up as a director to run one. So far it only shows me as the default Tourney admin.

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 08:20:47 pm »
Yo TT

We can definately hook some games up.....when's good for you all?
Were you considering fielding two teams from FSD? I'm not sure if or how that would work though...because the pilots couldn't really float between the two teams....and I'm sure there are alot of other issues to be considered.

sorry for taking so long to get back mini.we are only fielding 1 team,we'll generally have at least 3 players on but 4 is possible.if we have 4 and u guys have 4 we can just run two 2v2's ..i think...generally  fridays saturday and sunday evening are good for us ,as long as we have a  couple days notice.pick something for this weekend,and i am 90% sure i can have an answer for you by tomorrow night and 100% sure by thursday night at latest

ok....fleet email sent out,requesting availability for this coming friday,saturday or sunday evening.have told fleet,we could be doing 1v1's   2v2's or 3v3's depending on how many members from each side show up.we'll have at leats 2 on with max of 4 players,and i think very good chance of 4 will be there.anychance you guys can have 4 on as well?

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 10:41:02 pm »
Hey guys, I am letting you know that Dfly is available as a wing, but will not be putting a team in.  If there is a fleet that is short a wing among the current 3 teams, or a 4th team trying to make up enough, post here please and I will let you know when I am available to fly(timewise), and which team I would be joining.

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2005, 10:45:52 am »
Hey guys, I am letting you know that Nomad is available as a wing, but will not be putting a team in.  If there is a fleet that is short a wing among the current 3 teams, or a 4th team trying to make up enough, post here please and I will let you know when I am available to fly(timewise), and which team I would be joining.

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 01:22:01 pm »
guys take a look at the SL stuff in GSA as well

there is a 2 v 2

a

1 v 1 (however there is an active 1 v 1 im in that Wiz-dumbledor runs)

Dont know which one is easer up to you guys, they are there we can test and decide. The GSA has less features however its right there on GSA so its pretty accesable.

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 06:27:06 pm »
heya mini....update   team not available for sunday,as it is mothers day  :)   right now it looks like friday is our best night  :) at least 2 players available ,with likely (but not guaranteed) 2 more for same...let me know  thx

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2005, 06:19:56 pm »
hailz mini   we have 4 players for friday evening(may 6/05)        how's 9 p.m. eastern sound to you guys?                          saturday night,we would be down to 2 players with possible 3rd.

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2005, 06:40:50 pm »
iCoP is currently wingless. Might be someone is trying to tell me to mind the rules and not partake in the league.

Ooh well. More time to watch TV.  :P

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2005, 06:00:49 am »
well,i guess friday evening is off.i have 2 pilots possibly three available for saturday night.i will not be one of them as i have to work.please reply if you guys can make it for saturday evening at 9 p.m. eastern time by tonight ,otherwise we'll scrub this weekend all together.thx

Offline KHH-MiniMe

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 02:05:07 pm »
I screwed my back up at work today....so I'm not sure I can have any extended computer time. I'm starting to drink as I type....looks like I'll have to hit the state store and get some more stoli.

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 02:34:23 pm »
roger....matches scrubbed  for weekend

Offline KHH-MiniMe

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 08:16:34 pm »
You all going to be around Sat night TT?