Topic: Tough little ship...  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
Re: Tough little ship...
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 01:20:21 pm »
Nothing is supposed to be sticking out from that area, at least not that much. There are very small rods but only visible at close range and barely extending past the rest of that section. Certainly not worth spending excess polygons on.

I wouldn't rely on schematics as most - if not all - Defiant blueprints available are inaccurate, even when compared to the cgi version.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Tough little ship...
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 11:50:14 am »
Yea anyone wishing to reference the Defiant never go with schematics. The only sure canon representation you can rely on are the (too) few pictures availlable of the physical studio model. The CGI used later on was woefully off from the model, most notably in the nose area (having a rather horrid looking bulky looking thing lol, not the more graceful nose of the studio model). As WZ has said the majority of schematics are based off the cgi, and are often off in detail from it in any advent. WZ's model as he says isnt 100% but its a very good job with the limited references available. Its definately replaced the 9of9 conversion I had ported as my favorite Defiant model  :D.
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."