Topic: question about a plug-in?  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Don420

• mad idiot
  • Lt. Junior Grade
question about a plug-in?
« on: April 29, 2005, 08:35:10 pm »
what is wrong whith the milkshape plug-in i might be able to have a fiend of mine
rewrite the plug-in and fix it. any help is would be great,thanx
Nothing say's love like firepower

Offline FedRebel

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: question about a plug-in?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 08:42:43 pm »
what is wrong whith the milkshape plug-in i might be able to have a fiend of mine
rewrite the plug-in and fix it. any help is would be great,thanx

Could be the version of Milk Shape you're using

It works fine with version 1.6.6

Offline Don420

• mad idiot
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 08:55:14 pm »
the problem i'm talking about is how you can open some models
and not others
Nothing say's love like firepower

Offline Arcanum

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 01:51:09 am »
I cant seem to find Milkshape 1.6.6 anymore, only links I can find via google go to 1.74
Anyone have the 1.6.6 version uploaded somewhere?

thx

Offline Garath9

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 05:23:39 pm »
 Your right 1.7.4 is picky about what mod file's it will open. I have the same problem, but the
plug-in that needs fixed is the exporter to handle brk-mods. just my 2-cents. ;)

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 11:50:25 pm »
What???  You can make break models with Milkshape?  Theirs an export file for it?  How the heck do you do it???
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 09:27:03 pm »
I cant seem to find Milkshape 1.6.6 anymore, only links I can find via google go to 1.74
Anyone have the 1.6.6 version uploaded somewhere?

thx

This site does not support the posting of Warez or URL's to software to be downloaded without legal purchase.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Arcanum

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 10:34:49 pm »
If I remember correctly, Milkshape had a 30 day free trial period.  So thats not asking for a warez or illegal software.
And if version 1.7.4 I think didn't have any issues with modeling, as mentioned in this forum, I would not have asked the question.  I would have simply gone and downloaded the current version and registered it. 

So how is asking about a previous version and if it might be available wrong, given there is a trial period for use?

No disrespect is intended

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 05:56:31 pm »
Did the older version open up all models? 1.7.4 does not, unfortunately. I thought it was perhaps due to the number of "groups" in the failed-to-open models. This is not the case?
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 08:29:48 pm »
No its merely it cant seem to handle mods with (dnt quote me on this its just my experiance) anything above 6000 polys. This is such a pain for me as I have many ideas for use with Khalibans Ent A and such like. The BC plugin is the same also, which is even more of a pain lol... CG Sov anyone?! lol
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 06:22:30 pm »
If I remember correctly, Milkshape had a 30 day free trial period. So thats not asking for a warez or illegal software.
And if version 1.7.4 I think didn't have any issues with modeling, as mentioned in this forum, I would not have asked the question. I would have simply gone and downloaded the current version and registered it.

So how is asking about a previous version and if it might be available wrong, given there is a trial period for use?

No disrespect is intended

If someone issues a program that the company no longer puts out for sale or even in trial version, and the person does not have permission, it becomes a Warez item.. the person is not licensed to distribute software that the company discontinued production and sale of.

Now if the company is still supporting distribution of the package from sites like CNet, then it is fine for people to share the Installer for it, for the trial version only..

However I have not found a legitimate site that still carries a copy of Milksahpe v1.6
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team