Topic: SoV: Hydran OOB  (Read 7661 times)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
SoV: Hydran OOB
« on: July 06, 2005, 08:34:14 pm »
Year would be Y169 (6 on the shiplist - please refer to that and not the generic era for availability of refits/variants)

Due to a paucity of ships in the Hydran Navy, I am combining the Expeditionary and 1st Fleets to provide the Fleet list to 'buy from'

2xLGE, LB, LM, 3xDG, 3xRN, 3xKN, 3xLN, 2xCR, 3xHN, 3xCU, THR

You have 1850 in BPV points to purchase ships, any fighter upgrades and refits.

Please not that refits are typically denoted by a '+'.  Anything else denotes a variant.  You are buying the refit when you pay for a DG+ over a DG.

Additionally, you may choose the 'n' versions of any of the above ships. 

You have the option of substituting any of the above ships with a variant of that class. (There is not a huge volume of variants in this year - but you do have the option)

You have to buy at least 6 ships, but may not exceed 18. 

SoV will be Team 'A', meaning that Scenario 1 will be your Base Defense Mission and Scenario 6 will be your Base Assault.  The Base in each will be a Battlestation w/fighters.  Please keep this in mind when breaking your force down into your 6 groups.

Please let me know if you have quesions with this process.

762_XC

Re: SoV: Hydran OOB
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 09:52:20 pm »
Any PBR-like limitations? Can we take 3 dreads for one game and 3 frigs for the next?

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 03:13:33 am »
Umm... with year 6, no type II fighters will be available.  Will this be slow or med drones?

Also, since the ships may lose fighters from one senario to the next, do we need to pay for 'replacement' fighters?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 03:25:31 am by Bearslayer »
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 05:56:27 am »
Ya gotta go back to the Economy of Force thread  :P

Just kidding (but the answers are there - although I won't claim to have them in there in the most organized or clear manner):

*Since the fighter situation can not be treated per SFB, but the Type I's are so NOT SFB as they are, feel free to shop from the Type II's (this wasn't covered before, so good you brought this up)
*In Y169, I do believe Medium Speed Drones are available - but we would need to pay for them out of our 1850 as well. 
*This is not a Campaign in the sense that there is a continuing use of the same ships/fighters.  It is rather a series of scenarios: you divide your 'purchased' ships into the 6 different games, and they are used in that game and that game only.  Play all 6 out, tally up the points, determine a winner
*PBR is in effect for all scenario assignements.  So after you buy your ships, when you are dividing up your ships into the 6 scenarios, you need to make sure the assignements are PBR compliant.  There are barely any Combat support ships, so really you just need to space out your Command ships.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 06:58:07 am by Jakle »

762_XC

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 09:13:18 am »
Can I make a suggestion, then? Move the CRU and SAR (and all FFL's) out of command. They were used interchangably with line ships anyway.

It seems silly not to be able to run LB CRU CU, or LM CRU HN.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 09:20:59 am »
That's fine.  I am not going to update PBR, but for this exercise, I think it's safe to say that a Frigate Leader can be included with a larger leader variant, provided the 3rd ship is a standard frigate. 

Your examples make sense to me, but I think a LM, 2xCRU squadron would be crossing the line - what do think of that?

762_XC

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 09:28:54 am »
Concur.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 01:42:59 pm »
When you guys finalize your list, you'll want to send it to Kroma, and he'll post it when he has KHH's.

Please present it in a format as follows:

Scenario 1

Ship 1,  BPV

Ship 2 and these fighters, BPV

Ship 3 and these figthters, BPV

and so on down through scenario 6.

If you have BPV points left over, just type "10 points unspent, applied to Victory Points" or something

Please remember when assigning your ships that Scenario 1 is YOUR base defense.  It will be OUR base assault.  Scenario 6 is vice versa.

762_XC

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 12:31:19 pm »
Sent.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 12:37:03 pm »
Cool - I'll ship off KHH's in about an hour (it's at home..but I am ditching early...it's Friday)

How are you guys looking for next weekend?  It'll give us another week to publish the fleet lists, work out any procedural kinks and make sure all prospective players have Sector Assault and such.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 12:50:20 pm »
If needed I can pilot for either team, as either a filler, or regular for those battles.  Just post it somewhere in here, I am here every day.

762_XC

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 02:47:53 pm »
Jakle, a couple of OOB questions.

1) We're assuming the scenario is Y170. Is that spring or fall?

2) Are you using new construction in the OOB at all?

3) The Expeditionary Fleet had a Fire Support Tug. Where is it, huh?  ;D

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 03:31:12 pm »
Y169.  I did not factor in any new construction from the 1 or 2 turns that transpired before Y169.  For that matter, I didn't do any for the Klinks either.  I did give the Klink fleet list a D6 and 3 E4's (from the Southern Reserve Fleet presumabley) to expand it's Frigate base a bit more and give it an extra Heavy to buy from (since the Hydrans got 2 Command Cruisers from merging two fleets)

You are absolutely right about the tug oversight.  Honestly, for tugs I automatically assume it will be a BT version, but I know the Hydran Tug is called something else with it's combat pallet...

I meant to look it up...and then completely forgot about it.

You can consider it available, just remind me what the things called.

762_XC

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 03:45:25 pm »
H-TUGfsl (or TUGfsr, same thing with different arcs).

Thanks.

762_XC

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 04:16:21 pm »
Fleet is ready!

762_XC

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 08:59:57 pm »
List:

Game 1 (Base Defense): Total 231

TUGfsl w/ 2 Hornet-II 170
CU 61